What are your most-wanted tables?

Zombie Aladdin

Mar 28, 2014
The single machine I would want to own the most is The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends, as I was a fan of the cartoon growing up, and it contains plenty of nods and references ot the series and its peripheral cartoons. Consequently, this would be the machin I would like to see on The Pinball Arcade the most.

I must wonder how hard it would be to get a license to reproduce this machine digitially though, especially as Dreamworks is the current rights owners and Mr. Peabody and Sherman just came out in theaters and is a proven box office success.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I'd like to see Roller Coaster Tycoon (Stern, 2001) and Dale Jr (Stern, 2007) on TPA. However, these are premium tables and they generally would cost Farsight more money to turn them into table packs (that's why there trying to avoid them in the future ever since they held the kickstarter fund raiser for T2).

I'm guessing these licenses might be doable without a kickstarter. Roller Coaster Tycoon shouldn't be that much more than Ripley's or Harley were. And instead of Dale Jr, they could do the Grand Prix version of that pin and avoid the Dale and Nascar licensing issues. Two fun mode style pins that would be good additions. I'm with ya.

The single machine I would want to own the most is The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends, as I was a fan of the cartoon growing up, and it contains plenty of nods and references ot the series and its peripheral cartoons. Consequently, this would be the machin I would like to see on The Pinball Arcade the most.

I must wonder how hard it would be to get a license to reproduce this machine digitially though, especially as Dreamworks is the current rights owners and Mr. Peabody and Sherman just came out in theaters and is a proven box office success.

It's been assumed this would be one of the cheaper licenses and might not need any kickstarter help. Not sure if the Mr Peabody success would have any effect on that. This is the only pin in my town and I've grown rather attached to it. And I used to watch the cartoons with my brothers. So I have a soft spot for this pin too. Bring it on.

Last edited:

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but I would love to see"Dirty Harry"
Big fan of the movie and would be great to play the pinball

Man, you and I both. My local arcade has one, and it's a blast to play! The issue though is that it'll cost Farsight a huge chunk of change to use Eastwood's likeness. So, with that being said, I doubt it'll ever get made.

My most REALISTIC wanted tables are "Dracula" and "Freddy".

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Man, you and I both. My local arcade has one, and it's a blast to play! The issue though is that it'll cost Farsight a huge chunk of change to use Eastwood's likeness. So, with that being said, I doubt it'll ever get made.

My most REALISTIC wanted tables are "Dracula" and "Freddy".

Dirty Harry would be fantastic. Was there a film even associated with it at the time? I remember Dead Pool around the time of Appetite for Destruction releasing on record but the pinball table was much later. Maybe the license holders are fine being loose with it since it wasn't out to promote a new movie in the first place. Clint has to be big $$$ though.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
How about Blackwater 100? Or any other pre-Elvira table from Dennis Nordman. All 3 are good enough to end up in TPA.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Ones I can think of off the top of my head:
* Skit-B (Predator) (I know they were licensed to only produce 250 machines, but perhaps they could wrangle releasing virtual ones for less)
* Zidware, John Popadiuk's company: Magic Girl, Alice in Wonderland
* Whizbang Pinball/Greg Freres & Dennis Nordman's Whoa Nellie/Big Juicy Melons (Perfect for Pinball After Dark!)

I'd really, really like Farsight to look into these avenues for delivering unique pinball tables to Pinball Arcade. I think everyone could be winners out of such deals, too. These companies get more exposure which helps sales for their future titles, FS get unique games by both legendary and upcoming pinball designers (and work with the designers directly, rather than having to scan in plastics and playfields themselves) and we the players get awesome and unique games that we'd otherwise never get to play!

I'd love to get some direct feedback from FS about whether something like this is feasible or not, it'd help us understand the direction they're taking TPA in. Who knows, perhaps doing such things could pave the way for simultaneous virtual and physical releases for companies like Stern and Jersey Jack.

Last edited:

Zombie Aladdin

Mar 28, 2014
Oh yeah, in addition to Rocky and Bullwinkle, I'd like to see Orbitor 1. A very unconventional and thus controversial table, but I think it would fit well with the rest of the tabls in this game.

Of course, as it's a pre-mode game, with pretty simple rules and an incredibly sparse playfield, I don't expect it to show up until or unless we return to the two-tables-per-pack system.

P.S. After playing it at It Never Drains in Southern Califoria, while it must be fairly hard, I'd love to see NBA Fastbreak. This is a game that breaks easily, and I think it'd be a great service to make a digital version, which will never break down. It's a pretty quirky game with an unusual points system, and there's a lot of stuff that goes on in this one.

Last edited:

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Have you played Orbitor 1? It's a shocker. I'd be more enthusiastic about Hercules getting a TPA conversion. And I was bored ****less by that game.

NBA Fastbreak would be a great game to see on TPA, but NBA license could be a killer. Possibly not, but I remember vague things about how the NBA license was treated even between the arcade and home versions of NBA Jam.

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
I really hope we see The Simpsons either one or both of them.We need a cartoon based pinball table on TPA

Both are great tables to be honest

N

netizen

NBA Fastbreak would be an amazing accomplishment, especially if FS could simulate the head to head feature that was part of the programming by hooking two machines together.

Big Hurt would be another unlikely but I suspect well received table.

And of course there is a shortage of cartoon based tables, so The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and maybe The Flintstones

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Have you played Orbitor 1? It's a shocker. I'd be more enthusiastic about Hercules getting a TPA conversion. And I was bored ****less by that game.

NBA Fastbreak would be a great game to see on TPA, but NBA license could be a killer. Possibly not, but I remember vague things about how the NBA license was treated even between the arcade and home versions of NBA Jam.

Yeah, Orbitor 1 would make Goin' Nuts seem like a cherished game.

NBA Fastbreak won't happen. Not only do you have to deal with the NBA, but the Players Association and licensing an old roster. FS has said dealing with NFL on a current roster was tough, and they'd rather not go through that again.

Suck part is, after Rollergames, NBA Fastbreak would be my biggest request. I'm gonna be 0-2!

Zombie Aladdin

Mar 28, 2014
Yeah, I don't expect NBA Fastbreak to happen. Doesn't keep it from the most-wanted list for me though, as "most wanted" does not necessarily mean "likely to happen."

I have not played Orbitor 1. However, I do know that Orbitor 1 is a novelty machine, meaning it is best when with a bunch of other pinball machines. That is, you play a bunch of the more traditional ones and go to Orbitor 1 from time to time for something different. I feel Orbitor 1 would also be great for those who are not experienced in pinball, both for the novelty and for the unlimited balls for 30 seconds. (If you observe non-pinball people playing, they are often done within 30 seconds.) That's why I think if Orbitor 1 shows up, it ought to be paired up with another table, because it absolutely cannot be a standalone table.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Dirty Harry would be fantastic. Was there a film even associated with it at the time? I remember Dead Pool around the time of Appetite for Destruction releasing on record but the pinball table was much later. Maybe the license holders are fine being loose with it since it wasn't out to promote a new movie in the first place. Clint has to be big $$$ though.

I've asked about this table many times, and long story short, the response was "Way too expensive and not sure if the Kickstarter would be fulfilled".

Zombie Aladdin

Mar 28, 2014
Are the Dirty Harry rights that expensive? No one remembers that franchise anymore. It can't possibly be worth that much. Same goes with Demolition Man and The Shadow.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts