What do YOU play pinball for ?

invitro

May 4, 2012
listening to some Old Time Radio from the 1940s (like Suspense and Innersanctum)...

Hmm, that is a something I've occasionally thought about trying out. I guess this is Internet streaming, do you have a website you can recommend?

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
I play in an office with a TV and a nice stereo system. I typically play with the volume very low, especially after having played a table many times. I fire up a table to play, and either listen to music and keep the TV muted with sports on, or I keep the TV volume up with no music if I am interested in the television program. Baseball and football are easy to keep on in the background while playing pinball, as anything worth watching is replayed over and over again. There are plenty of opportunities to pause the pinball action if necessary, or I just hold the ball on a flipper for a bit.

The game needs to be more difficult or allow for some significant rule changes with tournament play for me to enjoy that aspect a bit more. I'd like to have weekly tournament "sprints" with quick 1-ball-only games, no extra balls, with any new attempt immediately erasing your posted score and being replaced with the new score. This type of tournament should always be available to join and the all-time, monthly, and weekly high scores could be kept, similar to the normal play high score leaderboards. I think that would be a lot of fun with little to no maintenance or setup requirements after the base development was completed.

Voof

Sep 22, 2015
I play pinball because it's something that used to be around me all the time, I used to bowl and all bowling alleys in my area had 5+ machines while growing up in the 80's and early 90's. After college(which had some nice machines too), they dried up. I found zen pinball, then pinball arcade(machines I've played!). It made me interested in finding working machines(which sadly failed for the most part). That's why I play and stream pinball most nights when I'm not active in a new game(fallout 4 soon).

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I play pinball because it is an itch I have to scratch. I can play for 10 minutes, I can play for 2 hours. I just easily fits into my schedule.

How I play, that's slightly different. In real life, it's all about playing as long as I can and hopefully getting a replay. In TPA, it's about completing the wizard goals so that THEN I can enjoy the table. With Zen, it's trying to learn the 'story' of the table.

I am competitive, witness the creation of TotM/TotW. I don't obsess about being a top finisher though. I just want to post a respectable score. I got a little nuts with FarSight's tourneys, to the point I stopped enjoying the tables I played them so much. Now I limit my time and am much happier for it.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Yeah, burnout is definitely a risk when going for the really high scores or getting sucked into a tournament. Had my share of that and put down TPA for a while.

Joelpbafan

Nov 1, 2015
I play pinball for the love of playing it the multiballs the strategy pinball arcade has a great concept of bringing pinball to you on multiple devices it's expensive to maintain a pinball table those are my reasons

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.