What do you think is the toughest skill shot in TPA?

Trackball

Jan 19, 2016
For the sake of argument, let's include the tables we absolutely know are coming, but as of this writing (March 22, 2016) aren't here yet, such as Rescue 911 and Doctor Who, if you've played the actual physical table in question.

Anyway, my vote goes to Cyclone. Maybe it's because my video card doesn't support DX11 (man, I need to assemble a new computer, but at least DX9 runs smoothly), but that shooter rod has to be PIXEL-PERFECT with that mouse for me to land in the 100K slot--and sometimes misses anyway!

I've been trying to get the 500K skill-shot Wizard Goal all night, and what makes it even harder is that you NEED two extra balls just to ATTEMPT that goal!

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Another one that's worth mentioning is the ramp skill shot on Starship Troopers. The one where you have to hold the left flipper and then hit the right ramp without hitting anything else. That ramp is a lot easier to hit on the fly. I still think it's worth trying for though. With enough practice you can get it at least half of the time. I just keep holding the left flipper up and do a nudge to the right, a little bit after the first bounce and it starts heading back. Then when it's just about rested, I'll go for it.

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
Cyclone, hands down. It's the only skill shot goal I haven't managed to get yet. How do you even do it?

Fish Tales as a runner up, although I've managed to pull it off a few times.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Good to have a real analog plunger on my cab, so cyclone was OK.
Fishtales was my hardest nut, but went smoothly with the 3.0 physics.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
I think both Cyclone and Taxi aren't deterministic in the plunge. I'm pretty sure there's a random component, if not to the plunger itself, then to the rebounds from the walls as the ball goes into the spiral. Just full-strength plunging on either table doesn't always give the same result, which is pretty solid evidence.

Morg

Apr 3, 2014
I think Funhose deserves an honorable mention.

Isn't that one supposed to be completely impossible on PS3? I seem to remember reading that sometime.

I know I've never hit it despite trying a number of times, but I've never really dedicated myself to making that shot and nothing else. I'd imagine there's a point where if you get the power just right and maybe nudge at the just right time then luck should get it for you sooner or later.

Axlsgolden

Dec 2, 2013
Cyclone is ok, but Fish Tales is more difficult for me. A matter of luck. Cyclone has marks on the plunger. A little bit below the yellow mark should be fine. But I play the PC version. Certainly there are differences between the versions.

Members online

Members online