What happens with Zen's designers?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I doubt that Zen could introduce WMS physics into their original library. Probably too many ramps would become unhittable if they did, a lot of their shots were designed knowing that they could guide the balls into them. It might be fun to try but would get really frustrating really fast

Let’s let them worry about what can and can’t be done, we’ll just get to tell them to make it happen!

McLovin

Aug 13, 2018
Hi guys, McLovin here from Zen. (I registered here with a different account when we did the Alpha for the mods! - they can confirm)

We are going to keep producing our own games as well besides the new Williams one.

Also these simulation require design work as well, getting the rulesets right and implementing them into our engine and designs. Deep is working very hard on physics right now, the others are tweaking these tables and working on new ones.

Regarding the physics being implemented into older tables, this would be a big undertaking but sounds good! If we have anything on the news of the ifs and hows of this being implemented we'll share.

With the first pack these physics will be exclusive for the Williams tables.

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
Just the thought you guys are considering it sounds cool. Although I way prefer the new physics I would highly recommend if new physics for older zen games becomes possible that this be an option to select between zen and new physics. I see on the steam forum many members really love your current physics so I guess that needs to be taken into consideration

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Hi guys, McLovin here from Zen. (I registered here with a different account when we did the Alpha for the mods! - they can confirm)

Confirmed, and great to see you posting in the public part of the forums, much appreciated! I'm sure Gord will give your names a nice colour like he did for FarSight employees.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Yep, I would say keep the standard version of physics regular single player, and then for classic single player (where you can’t use bonus upgrades) use these new physics. On a table like Aliens, where the physics are closer to the WMS physics anyway, it’d be subtle. On something like Rome or Tesla? It’d be a whole new game!

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
oh man, I would so love to have the option of real physics on Zen tables! It could give a whole new life to some of the super slow/easy/floaty tables, like Droids. And having this as an option for tournaments could really add a lot of interest/new life to some of the old designs.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012

We are going to keep producing our own games as well besides the new Williams one.

Also these simulation require design work as well, getting the rulesets right and implementing them into our engine and designs. Deep is working very hard on physics right now, the others are tweaking these tables and working on new ones.

Regarding the physics being implemented into older tables, this would be a big undertaking but sounds good! If we have anything on the news of the ifs and hows of this being implemented we'll share.

With the first pack these physics will be exclusive for the Williams tables.

Thanks for the insight. I understand it may be a huge undertaking, it would be awesome. I did notice the tweaks from FX2 to FX3 and the active slings were a step in the right direction.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.