What have you been playing? (Besides pinball)

night

May 18, 2012
Playing with matches

509d80b8a534a.preview-620.jpg

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Ok Gord. I dropped the four bucks and splurged on Monument Valley. It took me about an hour or so to finish it. My thoughts? Though I would like the developer to drop us a couple extra levels as an update, I felt the money was well spent just to support this type of game. If you love games like Ico, Shadow of the Colossus or Journey (especially Journey), you owe it to yourself to try Monument Valley. It's out on ios now and coming soon to android. The levels are so G*d D@mn cool looking that I will play through it again to use the game's snapshot feature to make wallpaper for my ipad. Thanks Gord for not making me wait for the sale that probably won't come and spend some money. I will probably gift this to wife as a mother's day gift because she's cheap (ahem, I mean thrifty) like me.

Also, if you play it, PLEASE use headphones and, if legally able to do so, a little inebriation is good to. It adds to the experience.

Glad you enjoyed it. They're definitely working on more levels (some will be free).

Why don't you and your wife share an iTunes account, or at least authorize her device with your account?

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I picked up Cel Damage. Cartoon style drive around and shoot other vehicles with power ups and what not. It was $8.99 for PS4, PS3 and Vita triple cross buy. I'm looking forward to playing this with my daughter when she's home from school in a couple of weeks.

Eaton Beaver

Jan 25, 2014
Played the Family Guy app and found it to be pretty funny! Way better than The Simpsons and I think I spotted Ned Flanders when building a house?

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Glad you enjoyed it. They're definitely working on more levels (some will be free).

Why don't you and your wife share an iTunes account, or at least authorize her device with your account?

Well, we're the type that, while married, keep certain things separate. For example, we don't share a bank account. She doesn't play much on her ipad and, most of the time, doesn't care for what I play. I'm actually taking a guess that she'll like Monument Valley but she WILL play it because I bought it. :)

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Hearthstone is like crack.

Just one more match then I'm goin' to bed...then just one more after that...

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
Got addicted to Hot Shots Golf World Invitational for ps3. So tough but so brilliant.

Played this for a few months but couldn't get into it like I did with the PS/PS2 versions, they remain the best ones in the series imo. It's a great golf game though.

Currently I'm playing a lot of Clash of Clans, very addictive!

And I got MLB The Show yesterday. It's the first time it's available here in Europe and I love it! (thanks for the recommendation Jeff :) :) )

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
And I got MLB The Show yesterday. It's the first time it's available here in Europe and I love it! (thanks for the recommendation Jeff :) :) )

Oh nice, so they finally decided to release the AAA sports game in Europe? I always thought about buying the game ..

but as you know, "no European release" doesn't mean not available in Europe.
There are a lot of shops in Europe which offer US versions and off course you can always import stuff on your own from the US.

Last edited:

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
I know but I never could be bothered to get an imported version..:eek:

At EUR 45,- this really is a very good deal!

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
Oh German gamers get used to buy imports because German versions often have less violence to protect the minors. An age rating system is just not good enough for our government.
But hey, you live in the most liberal country in Europe. :)

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Played this for a few months but couldn't get into it like I did with the PS/PS2 versions, they remain the best ones in the series imo. It's a great golf game though.

Currently I'm playing a lot of Clash of Clans, very addictive!

You're very welcome!

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I'm really enjoying MLB. Was drafted by the Mariners organization with the 6th pick in the 2nd round after college, spent a few months in double A, then a month in triple and then called up to the show in August. I'm now starting the new season as the starting center fielder of the Mariners.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I'm really enjoying MLB. Was drafted by the Mariners organization with the 6th pick in the 2nd round after college, spent a few months in double A, then a month in triple and then called up to the show in August. I'm now starting the new season as the starting center fielder of the Mariners.

Good to hear. It's great fun. I'm still playing MLB 13 and my second baseman is on his 3rd season with the Cubs. We actually won the world series last year (if only that could happen in real life, heh). :D

MLB 14 will be the first game I get for PS4 (hopefully next month if everything works out).

N

netizen

Considering buying Final Fantasy VII after watching The Completionist's month-long review of it

Also EarthBound... lots of people are convincing me to play it

FFVII is a great game. I am hoping to retain focus and work my way through the series from 1 until boredom sets in

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I took it easy on non-TPA games this year. I bought GTA V (which I haven't really gotten into too much) Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate (which is fun, especially when I'm in the mood, though I bought that stupid new character who sucks), and Tekken Tag Tournament 2. I love Tekken 6 (the previous entry) but haven't even played this new one yet.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Good to hear. It's great fun. I'm still playing MLB 13 and my second baseman is on his 3rd season with the Cubs. We actually won the world series last year (if only that could happen in real life, heh). :D

MLB 14 will be the first game I get for PS4 (hopefully next month if everything works out).

This is a weird problem that some people are having, including me, with MLB the Show 14. I'm working around it by manually saving after every game and reverting when the issue pops up. It can be any color and I've seen it worse than this. When it happens with black the game is unplayable but if you go back to a save before it started then it's fine. Save early. Save often.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts