What is Icade? Why did it mess my TPA?

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
I don't mind getting a cheapo BT keyboard actually. Maybe in a roundabout way, this was really just a marketing tool for those lol. Here's what I'm dreading though... My TPA probably still won't have sound. That's why I was monkeying around pushing random buttons in the first place

This issue sounds like a programming bug to me. Here's what I don't understand... from what you described the setting stays on even if you delete and re-install the app. Usually when you re-install an app all settings revert to the default (iCade off) state.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Thanks, I wouldn't've really known exactly what to say. I'm still surprised there's not more 'no sound' issues. It's kinda a big deal. Where my iPhone4 peeps at?

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Did your sound issue start before or after you switched iCade mode on?

Here's what happened, I did the update, had no sound, then switched the icade mode on. I just bought a Bluetooth keyboard just so I could get that keyboard off my screen

Mmmbacon

Jul 6, 2012
This is just another thing that makes me hate technology

Lemme understand this, you hate technology because you enabled a feature for a controller you dont have. Not only do you not have it, you enabled it not even KNOWING what it was!!!. Methinks "technology" is probably not the one to blame here. Just sayin...

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Lemme understand this, you hate technology because you enabled a feature for a controller you dont have. Not only do you not have it, you enabled it not even KNOWING what it was!!!. Methinks "technology" is probably not the one to blame here. Just sayin...

I understand both points. There's no reason to enable if you're not using it. On the other hand, if you do enable it you shouldn't reasonably expect it to cause the app to stop working. I love technology.

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
I understand both points. There's no reason to enable if you're not using it. On the other hand, if you do enable it you shouldn't reasonably expect it to cause the app to stop working. I love technology.

+1, although there *is* a reason to enable it if you're not using it - curiosity.

There is, however, no excuse for including a feature (iCade option) that will brick a device (or an app). Simply poor QC from my POV. That said, kudos to FS for getting their "fix" video out relatively quickly.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts