What Licenses Would You Most Like to See Made into a Pinball Table?

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
I think Scientology would make an awesome pinball table theme. Big old picture of L. Ron grinning his insane grin with his sailor's hat on for the backglass. Making drop targets to progress up through the OT levels. Incident 1 and Incident 2 modes. E-Meter built into the playfield. LRH quotes for making shots. Dianetics volcano to set off. Evil Lord Xenu to vanquish. Joining the Sea Org and completing your billion year mission. The possibilities are endless.

It'd probably cost £500 per ball to play mind.

It would be like that great use of IAP you're so fond of, no multiball until you've signed over your house & savings.

RetroDude

Mar 24, 2012
I think Scientology would make an awesome pinball table theme. Big old picture of L. Ron grinning his insane grin with his sailor's hat on for the backglass. Making drop targets to progress up through the OT levels. Incident 1 and Incident 2 modes. E-Meter built into the playfield. LRH quotes for making shots. Dianetics volcano to set off. Evil Lord Xenu to vanquish. Joining the Sea Org and completing your billion year mission. The possibilities are endless.

It'd probably cost £500 per ball to play mind.

Yeah, but if you play the game a few times and then decide you don't like it, the pinball manufacturer would send out people to dig into and destroy your life.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
And if you beat the highscore on the table, Tom Cruise will refuse to come out of the closet.

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
Lots of good ideas here, including several that I had also thought up (before looking at this thread). Writing a huge email to send to Jersey Jack with my ideas. Might post them here after I've finished and sent it.

The Doctor

Banned
May 1, 2012

the jet bumpers would be beating up psychiatrists..

ehansen24

Jun 25, 2012
-Gladiator (movie) or Spartacus (tv series)
-Alien vs. Predator (choose your side at beginning, like Transformers pinball)
-Warhammer 40k

Captain Rumwood

Apr 25, 2012
What Licenses Would You Most Like to See Made into a Pinball Table? That's a great question. I got so many on my mind. I know I will be adding from time to time so here goes my initial list:

TV Series:

*Smallville

*The Munsters

*Miami Vice

*The Highlander (TV series)

*Friends

*Dark Shadows

*The Addams Family (Original TV series)

*Lost

*Rome (HBO series)

*Kindred: The Embraced

*Spartacus (Starz series)

*Game of Thrones

*Monster Squad (TV series)

*Happy Days

*Batman (the 60's TV series)

Film:

*Gladiator

*Prometheus

*Superman (One table that includes all four Richard Donner Films)

*Braveheart

*Blade Runner

*Dark City

*Cutthroat Island

*Young Guns

*Shaun of the Dead

*Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure

*Man of La Mancha

*The Saint

*A Knight's Tale

*The Jason Bourne Franchise (A table that includes all Bourne films)

*The Fifth Element

*28 Days Later

*Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

*Universal Monsters Films (Based on the films, not Monster Bash ;) )

*The Professional

*Wayne's World

*Scarface (Al Pacino's)

*The Italian Job (2003)

*Tombstone

*Excalibur (film)

*The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

*Resident Evil

*National Treasure (featuring both films)

*Escape from New York

*3:10 To Yuma

*Gothic

*The Expendables

*Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter

*The Highlander (based on the original film)

*Interview With a Vampire

*Grease

*End of Days

*Treasure Island

Music:

*The Doors

*Rush

*Evanescence

*Def Leppard

*Van Halen

*Queen

*Depeche Mode

*Aerosmith

Last edited:

Captain Rumwood

Apr 25, 2012
Evanescence?

This:

Evanescence%2B-%2BBring%2Bme%2Bto%2Blife.jpg

May 11, 2012
Being a huge Stanley Kubrick fan

Woo hoo KUBRICK!

I'd like a Casablanca table........or a classic noir table.......or a political table.....or a historical table (like shooting ramps & targets for workers rights and then.....wizard mode - revolution! )

How bout a "making it" in Hollywood table?

darkrage6

Oct 20, 2013
Definitely Sonic, i'm shocked that Sega never made a pinball table for their best selling IP. Other interesting licenses would be:
Prison Break
LOST(not a huge fan of the show, but there's lots of potential for a great table)
NCIS(how does the highest rated TV show of all time not have a table yet?)
Law And Order
Alias
Futurama
Die Hard
TimeCop
Call Of Duty
Fast And Furious
Silent Hill
Resident Evil
Splinter Cell
Metal Gear Solid
Aliens
King Of The Hill
Aeon Flux
Spongebob
Danny Phantom
Machete
Rambo
Spawn
Riddick
Man Of Steel
Teen Titans
Friday The 13th
Halloween
True Lies
Under Siege
xXx(the Vin Diesel film)
The Matrix(massive potential)
Transformers
Bad Boys
Invasion Of The Body Snatchers
The Thing
Dawn Of The Dead
The Fifth Element
Mission Impossible

For music, I would love a Scorpions themed table.

Last edited:

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Magic: The Gathering, originally a trading card game that eventually came to have the most complex ruleset ever devised by the mind of man (the complete printed copy I have from several years ago runs 888 pages - now it's in an online database only because it is so large and complex that a printed copy would be a tangled mass of cross-references). Some of the rare cards from early editions can go for the price of a real pinball machine if they're in mint condition. It's also the longest-running trading card game, and is on something like its 40th or 50th expansion set.

It's since spawned several different video game adaptations, both self-contained and online. Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 is the latest one. The video games are necessarily somewhat simplified and usually restrict you to a subset of the thousands of Magic cards out there, although I understand the later ones include features and new game modes not possible in the physical card game.

I long since dropped out of the Magic universe, and while I do occasionally peek in from the sidelines, I've (so far) successfully resisted the temptation to dive back in. It's a very addictive game, whatever form it's in.

If done right by someone who took the time to immerse themselves in MTG mechanics and lore, it could make a very good pinball table. That 26" LCD screen that Jersey Jack Pinball has on their new Wizard of Oz table would be a perfect fit for it. (Maybe the video mode could be an sudden-death MTG game played onscreen!) Not sure what Wizards of the Coast would want for the license, though, and every last card has original artwork on it that presumably would also need to be licensed.

Dungeons & Dragons would be a much better match and make much more sense from a pop culture and recognizable license perspective.

Personally I would prefer a non-licensed Sword & Sorcery table based off of the more primal and savage early pulp literature.
Art by Simon Bisley.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
Dungeons & Dragons would be a much better match and make much more sense from a pop culture and recognizable license perspective.

Personally I would prefer a non-licensed Sword & Sorcery table based off of the more primal and savage early pulp literature.
Art by Simon Bisley.

There's already a D&D pinball machine out there. Its mostly known for its great topper. Unfortunately its not very highly regarded in terms of gameplay though.

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=dungeon&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#743

I'm a long time MtG fan and I agree that it has a lot of potential for a great theme for a pin and more possibilities for a deep ruleset than could ever be programmed into a pinball machine. However I agree that if would not be a highly recognizable license for the target pinball machine buying audience today (even though it would be damn cool).

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Sonic. The fact that SEGA even had a pinball division for a number of years and didn't make one is criminal. Never has a franchise been more suited to pinball. The main character rolls up into a ball, bashes things and travels up ramps and down slopes... come on!

In my mind the plunger would connect to a loop-the-loop with a TOTAN style skillshot afterwards :)

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
Sonic. The fact that SEGA even had a pinball division for a number of years and didn't make one is criminal. Never has a franchise been more suited to pinball. The main character rolls up into a ball, bashes things and travels up ramps and down slopes... come on!

In my mind the plunger would connect to a loop-the-loop with a TOTAN style skillshot afterwards :)

It's already been made :p
Tiger-SonicSpinball.jpg

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
It's already been made :p
Tiger-SonicSpinball.jpg

As a die-hard Sonic fan I can assure you that Sonic Spinball is... not too good. You can directly influence Sonic by moving the directional buttons, so it loses a lot of the randomness. Despite that it's still very hard. And it has levels instead of tables - big interconnected pinball tables with very basic platforming sections between them. Collect Chaos Emeralds to unlock the boss chamber. Beat the boss and move to the next stage. It's not bad, but not pinball.

Sonic Pinball Party was a lot better, but I want a real pinball table! Or at least for Zen to get the license and give the brand the attention it gave to Marvel and Star Wars - you could have tables based on certain games, certain characters, certain stages...

I'll stop dreaming now.

Ooh! Ooh! Kickback could have a plastic overlay of a red spring that sticks out of the apron when active. Boing! :D

Last edited:

4P47HY

Apr 20, 2013
With all the recent hype around the title, I thought it would be cool to see it reincarnated in pinball - Carmageddon.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts