What major bugs drive you crazy on Android

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I'm interested in the following bugs types:

1) Bugs that have persisted since a table was released.

2) Bugs that make a table unplayable.

It's a question that's been asked in the beta threads, but I feel it deserves wider exposure.

List them per table if you can.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
I don't play on android, so none ;)

Gonna be serious for a minute. There are probably the same problems with android and iOS. I play on iOS. The one thing I can think of is the sound. Tink tink, I've never played a real table that makes a 'tink' sound. On the same note. The flippers. They are trying to make it realistic right? Since when do flippers make a chhh sound? It's more like thwap.

Sorry, I know you were talking about bugs, big the unrealistic sounds take me out of it. If I hear tink one mo time, just one mo time!!!!!

Last edited:

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
I'm interested in the following bugs types:

1) Bugs that have persisted since a table was released.

2) Bugs that make a table unplayable.

It's a question that's been asked in the beta threads, but I feel it deserves wider exposure.

List them per table if you can.

GN - weak pop bumpers: since release
BK, FP, etc - promise of ROMulation and the associated lock errors from scripting: since release
TO,CBW - Pro Mode the operators menu UX isn't mapped so as to allow any changes to ROM settings: since beta
STTNG, get stuck in plunge view during final frontier: since release
FH, default ball not visible through ramp: since release
TOTAN, HRC, DD: Event Cam related camera glitches: since release. These are fixed on PC but for whatever reason have yet to be rolled out to any other platform.
T2: Bad physics on the L flipper catch from Chase loops. This has been present for about a year or so now.
TOTAN, BOP: the skill shot zoom that seems to get broke every couple releases, and cannot be disabled with event cam: since release
TAF: the power magnet is too strong: since release
BR: tuning and physics "errors" like being able to shoot up the whirlpool ramp from the upper r flipper: since beta
CP: delay in the input and display on the dmd for the skillshot: since beta
EDCOG: goals get awarded incorrectly: since beta
F2K: goals are awarded incorrectly, and pro mode switch settings are reversed: since beta
MM: fast shots up the dragon ramp will get reversed and come back down the ramp: gets fixed then broken again. Has been broke for about a year

A lack of updated physics on all old tables to create parity with PC
Extork's comment on the "tink, tink" deserves another mention.
Inconsistent camera angles, inconsistent plunger strength, inability to change camera view settings from plunge screen, app doesn't remember any settings other than player 1 session to session

I'm sure I forgot some

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012

Gonna be serious for a minute. There are probably the same problems with android and iOS. I play on iOS. The one thing I can think of is the sound. Tink tink, I've never played a real table that makes a 'tink' sound. On the same note. The flippers. They are trying to make it realistic right? Since when do flippers make a chhh sound? It's more like thwap.

Sorry, I know you were talking about bugs, big the unrealistic sounds take me out of it. If I hear tink one mo time, just one mo time!!!!!
For the record, bugs are being triaged across all platforms. 👍

So if you know of any for other platforms, buddy up with a tester for these platforms and make them known.

I've stuck my neck out here for Android.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012

It drives me insane as well.

It's something I harp on about *every* beta.

The EM SFX really annoy me.

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
If this is a collecting things to look at for the new UI type idea ... then changing the global settings to per-table settings would be a good thing. It's always a PITA to have to go in an enable event cam on STTNG/T2, the 2 tables you really need it on, and then having to disable it when you change to a different table.

Same thing with camera angles. Some tables work better in 1, some with 2, some you cannot see the outlanes unless you play in 3. I realize it is a minor complaint, but alongside saving the multiplayer options, per-table settings would go a long way to improving the player experience.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
GN - weak pop bumpers: since release
BK, FP, etc - promise of ROMulation and the associated lock errors from scripting: since release
TO,CBW - Pro Mode the operators menu UX isn't mapped so as to allow any changes to ROM settings: since beta
STTNG, get stuck in plunge view during final frontier: since release
FH, default ball not visible through ramp: since release
TOTAN, HRC, DD: Event Cam related camera glitches: since release. These are fixed on PC but for whatever reason have yet to be rolled out to any other platform.
T2: Bad physics on the L flipper catch from Chase loops. This has been present for about a year or so now.
TOTAN, BOP: the skill shot zoom that seems to get broke every couple releases, and cannot be disabled with event cam: since release
TAF: the power magnet is too strong: since release
BR: tuning and physics "errors" like being able to shoot up the whirlpool ramp from the upper r flipper: since beta
CP: delay in the input and display on the dmd for the skillshot: since beta
EDCOG: goals get awarded incorrectly: since beta
F2K: goals are awarded incorrectly, and pro mode switch settings are reversed: since beta
MM: fast shots up the dragon ramp will get reversed and come back down the ramp: gets fixed then broken again. Has been broke for about a year

A lack of updated physics on all old tables to create parity with PC
Extork's comment on the "tink, tink" deserves another mention.
Inconsistent camera angles, inconsistent plunger strength, inability to change camera view settings from plunge screen, app doesn't remember any settings other than player 1 session to session

I'm sure I forgot some

I've reported all of these into the google plus group.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
If this is a collecting things to look at for the new UI type idea ... then changing the global settings to per-table settings would be a good thing. It's always a PITA to have to go in an enable event cam on STTNG/T2, the 2 tables you really need it on, and then having to disable it when you change to a different table.

Same thing with camera angles. Some tables work better in 1, some with 2, some you cannot see the outlanes unless you play in 3. I realize it is a minor complaint, but alongside saving the multiplayer options, per-table settings would go a long way to improving the player experience.

From what I understand, the way individual table state is saved in-app is limiting how settings per table can be managed. I've logged the issues anyhow.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
Not on Android, but on Steam one update had a changed version of Black Hole with more accurate sounds and then Black Hole went back to previous sounds and HUD. I haven't played on Android too much yet, but I like how it runs. Looks about as good as it does on the iPad 4.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.