What Pinball Arcade needs is someone like Warren Buffet to get really into the game

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
who can just donate a couple of million dollars to Farsight and get all of these licensing questions to go away.

:D

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Nah... throwing money at a studio sadly isn't always the answer.

Really FS's only hope would be to be bought out by a major publisher who would negotiate licensing on their behalf, then contract the development to FS. The only major player I can really see wanting to get in on something like that would be EA. We don't want EA owning Farsight - for starters it'd be very problematic for Steam, since EA always pushes its new content via Origin.

invitro

May 4, 2012
who can just donate a couple of million dollars to Farsight and get all of these licensing questions to go away. :D
I have a little bit of hope that Stern will help with the licensing issues, at least with Stern's tables.

Chris Dunman

Apr 11, 2012
My immediate thought was EA as well, but I have similar reservations as Eldar. The fact FS are a smaller studio is both good and bad though as I'm sure we all appreciate.

On a speculative note, I wonder if any larger studio has made moves..... Who knows

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
Yeah, EA early 90 (late 80's?, memory loss) was no slouch.

Although someone throwing money at Farsight and having some conditions for it might help them getting a few more heads (even up in the lovely nature of Bear Lake mountain - for myself I don't see the problem, I love nature :p )

But all in all after all these years they have gotten quite some training at understanding and getting licenses.

TPA is getting better and better although it might not be at the speed we all wish for, heh.

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
I was mostly joking but you guys bring up some good points.

I hadn't considered that perhaps Stern could help with some of the exterior licensing on their tables. That would make sense and be a big boost.

I often see EA show up on these "worst customer service companies" lists. Which mirrors my own experiences at least with some of the games. I won't ever pre-order another Need for Speed game. You got that EA?!?!

I have only played the game for 7-8 months but on the PC version I have seen improvements that have been great. Farsight is doing a good job despite how negative the board can sometimes get on certain topics.

Last edited:

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
I have a little bit of hope that Stern will help with the licensing issues, at least with Stern's tables.

Oh boy. Now I may start getting hopes up for something like Spider-Man.

Dang you invitro!

invitro

May 4, 2012
I have only played the game for 7-8 months but on the PC version I have seen improvements that have been great. Farsight is doing a good job despite how negative the board can sometimes get on certain topics.
I think they're doing an amazing job in 2015. It may not be the most fun though just playing the game over and over, getting a classic table, simulated extremely well, every month, without much of anything reasonable to complain about. :) Well maybe we can start complaining that they should be releasing two tables per month.

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
Well maybe we can start complaining that they should be releasing two tables per month.

Woo Hoo! It'll be season 3 all over again.

I'll start it off, IIRC it went something like: 1 table for the same price we paid for 2 last month, but at least it's not a Gottlieb!!

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
It's coming. Bobby said some months an EM will be released in addition to the monthly SS.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
What Pinball Arcade needs is someone like me to say thank-you for all you've done for pinball, pinball simulations and I personally. I really appreciate that almost any time of day I can turn on the computer or pick-up the tablet and play a simulation of a pinball machine I loved in youth.

Plus FarSight, your creation of The Pinball Arcade led to the formation of the wonderful forum by our fearless leader, Gord. I also thank all forum mods, past & present, for making this fine forum a safe place for me on the web.

Thanks again FarSight. You have one happy, happy customer here.

Edit: I also want to thank all the members of this fine forum. Y'all are the ones that keep this forum alive.

Last edited:

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
What Pinball Arcade needs is someone like me to say thank-you for all you've done for pinball, pinball simulations and I personally. I really appreciate that almost any time of day I can turn on the computer or pick-up the tablet and play a simulation of a pinball machine I loved in youth.

Plus FarSight, your creation of The Pinball Arcade led to the formation of the wonderful forum by our fearless leader, Gord. I also thank all forum mods, past & present, for making this fine forum a safe place for me on the web.

+1

Chris Dunman

Apr 11, 2012

Edit: I also want to thank all the members of this fine forum. Y'all are the ones that keep this forum alive.

Great post Frank. Here here say I. +1

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts