What table changed your mind?

JefferyD

May 10, 2013
I’m really digging Class of 1812 after dismissing it as “meh” when it first appeared. I kept at it, mostly because of the chicken noises; a game that clucks the 1812 Overture has to be awesome. But my best score was 29 million and my next best was 18; it was like that for weeks. I decided to go pro mode and turn off the extra balls, which weren’t doing me any good anyway.

I started tightening up my play, trying to make shots with careful aim. I’ve hit 32 million a couple of times and pushed my old best off of the high score list. I still have flurries of 3 to 5 million point games, and the outlanes are well-fed, but I’m having a good time with it. I think the biggest leap forward was discovering (accidentally) that you can (sometimes) hit the left million ramp from the left flipper. Never occurred to me.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Creature. I never realized it was such a fluid and well designed game.

Now, for the opposite? A game that didn't change my mind was BK2K. I say that in a bad way. I was never a huge fan of BK2K, and TPA hasn't changed my mind about it. Sorry, but once the cheesy music wears off, the gameplay just doesn't hold up to me. I already got the Wizard goals, and I'm probably never going to play it again.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I think the biggest leap forward was discovering (accidentally) that you can (sometimes) hit the left million ramp from the left flipper. Never occurred to me.

You can ALWAYS do that. And that is the key to high scores. Either cradle one ball on the right flipper, and keep firing the other in the ramp with the left, or send them both in there, equal distances apart (less safe but more satisfying). Both will net you a great score.

As for the topic, I decided to give Harley another shot yesterday and... nope, it's still boring!

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
There are loads of great early Sterns that wouldn't need too much licensing fees. I wonder why Farsight haven't taken advantage of them. I played Monopoly last week and it's a great Lawlor, with the potential to be as popular as Ripley's, I'd say.

Buzz1126

Dec 27, 2013
This will be viewed as heresy, but I don't much care for "Twilight Zone". To me, it's boring. I've played it a couple of times on TPA, but it has yet to grab me. I've seen all the episodes, know all the toy tie-ins, but...

Pinetwig

Dec 23, 2013
Ripley's, once it clicked I was hooked. Makes me wanna get a console or PC to be able to pause safely and have marathon games.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts