What Table Was This?

Lostboy

Oct 21, 2012
I have a challenge for anyone wanting to play. I played a pinball table almost 20 years ago, but I forget what it was. I've been trying to remember what that was, but I have no idea and I don't have a strong knowledge of pinball. Here are the facts (keeping in mind these "facts" are from my foggy memory, and could have warped over the years):

-My biggest memory is that I beat the game. I had a really good game, and until then, I didn't know you could finish a pinball table. When it finished, the flippers stopped, the ball(s) drained, and the DMD read something like, "The End", "Congratulations", or something of that sort. I believe the credits ran after that, but maybe not.
-This was around 1996. I could be a year or two off.
-I'm almost positive it was a racing game. I thought it was The Getaway: High Speed II, but I don't think that game has an ending. Or does it? If it does, maybe this was the game.
-I played this in a video rental store. Maybe it had a move theme? Maybe not.

stevevt

Mar 31, 2012

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
The only one I can think of that goes "The end" with a credits-like ending sequence, is TOTAN.
But there are probably more, I haven't seen a lot of wizard modes :)

Lostboy

Oct 21, 2012
Good suggestions. I don't think it was any tables that are in TPA. I've never played Kingpin. LotR is too new, and wouldn't have been that one. For a moment I questioned Johnny Mnemonic, but there's no ending for that game. Maybe my memory is just too foggy about this, and too much time has passed. Thanks for the suggestions!

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
The closest thing HS2 has to an "ending" is Red Line Mania, which is a big light show and could give that sort of finished it feeling, although you just start the RPMs over when it is over. Maybe take a watch and see if that fits the description? Like others have mentioned there are games where the flippers go dead and the DMD goes haywire or even shuts off temporarily off for the wizard mode, but I don't know of any game that ever says you've reached the end or rolls credits when you're done. That would defeat the spirit of pinball!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts