What we have become

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
I've been trying to stay positive ever since I got here... I agree with what every one has said here. While we can rant once in a while, this is a forum for FANS of TPA... If you want to do a huge, negative rant, do it on their Facebook page. :)

karl

May 10, 2012
Just a few comments:

It is great to hear different opinions being voiced here.

This post is not to rant about people who find bugs in a beta or am unhappy about this and that. Of course your opinion, positive or not is valid.

It is more about the fact that some people constantly only write negative stuff. (or maybe it just feels like it to me) That's why the go back and take a look at your own post comments suggestion was made. I am not trying to be a forum police here. I know very well that
this is the nature of most forums out there (and it is also the reason why I do not frequent many forums that much anymore) To me this forum was and still is a great place to hang out and again I want to give a great shout out to the mods who do such
a fantastic job.

Smbhax: It does not get me down anymore (I am to old for that) but it will keep many of us not so active because we simply do not want to participate in a forum like that.

MontanaFrank: You are the man! Great comments. Agree with all that you said and thanks for your kind words

Dtown: Yes I have seen the star trek threads on pinside and that is a prime example (or directive ;-) ) of what I hope and know this forum will never turn into :)

EDIT: But all the feedback in this thread gives me great hope for the future

Last edited:

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Obviously we're all passionate about this great game FS has made and we are so lucky to be able to interact directly with the game's developers. Some people post their criticism of the game in a negative manner instead of keeping in constructive. I've been afraid that a rise in negative criticism will push members of Farsight's team away from here.

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
Just a thought ...

Obviously we're all passionate about this great game FS has made and we are so lucky to be able to interact directly with the game's developers. Some people post their criticism of the game in a negative manner instead of keeping in constructive. I've been afraid that a rise in negative criticism will push members of Farsight's team away from here.

Exactly.

I don't sense that anyone wants a forum where there is heavy handed moderation or cheer leading posts only. It's not what is said, but how it is said.

And don't forget that if one wants to argue or rant, there is always the chat room. What's said in the chat room stays in the chat room and there is no moderation. We rant and blow their steam off there on a regular basis. Even Sean and the Farsight Dev staff have been know to let their hair down there.

Constructive criticism here, anything goes in Chat Room. Lately the room has been more idle, but the more we frequent the Chat Room, the more fun it becomes.

Timelord ...

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
I love this product and buy all tables on ios and playstation. I even enjoy playing it on my vita! It's a good game!! But it really doesn't live up to it's potential... :( Mike and Ryan are great on this forum for feedback, and they should get a medal for their dedication to the fans, but we need to air our beefs when the product isn't upto snuff.... Even Jeff said on a recent post he had stopped buying ps3 packs due to graphics quality, so even the hardcore fans are getting tired...

No offence, just trying to tell it how it is, I'll always be your customer, and your product is very reasonably priced :)

karl

May 10, 2012
Fungi: Yes but that is only a spokes person I believe? (not been there in a while)

Here we get comments from game developers like Mike, Ryan, etc.

And I agree totally, Sotie. Having them stop by and participate is something I hope we will be able to have in the future as well.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Karl, nice OP fella.

Keep the faith!

I'm always interested in your views and opinions regarding TPA, which in the main are well considered ;)

karl

May 10, 2012
Thanks, Kingkom. You are one of the good guys ;-)

I am the first to acknowledge that some of my posts are misses and sometimes I even scare myself when reading my own rubbish but what is out there is out there. Nothing to be done about that :eek:

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012
I try not to be negative and try to avoid the negative posts. Haters are gunna hate, but isn't this site called "Pinball Arcade FANS"?

Hey! It's only Pinball.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
I've had a couple people yell at me for being too negative a few months ago - rightfully so, for the most part. That's not my nature nor my intent so I did a but of self-evaluation and got rid of the negativity. I'll still give honest opinions and criticism, I'll just be nicer about it :)

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I went full pessimist due to the following:

Xbox 360
Lack of meaningful bug fixes on iOS (where is rom emulation for BK? Promised ages ago).
Disappointing PS4 lighting

After a year of talking about this stuff, you tend to go sour because you discover your words are absolutely powerless.

It's not just me, the entire forum has a general lack of enthusiasm but it's not our fault, it's Farsights.

Last edited:

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
I went full pessimist due to the following:

Xbox 360
Lack of meaningful bug fixes on iOS (where is rom emulation for BK? Promised ages ago).
Disappointing PS4 lighting

After a year of talking about this stuff, you tend to go sour because you discover your words are absolutely powerless.

It's not just me, the entire forum has a general lack of enthusiasm but it's not our fault, it's Farsights.

Posts like this are exactly what Karl is talking about

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Posts like this are exactly what Karl is talking about

Carl is absolutely right and I'm simply stating why I've personally been pessimistic.

I'm not gunna put on a fake happy face. Sorry, not going to happen. Now if I glance over at my phone and see a CV update, I'll rightfully be very happy and rejoice. If Xbox 360 content is announced I'll be happy. When a pack that's actually exciting is announced I'll be happy.

For now I just keep tempered. I'm not mr. negativity, most of my posts lately are just jokes. No matter how hard anyone tries the general mood of the forum will not improve until exciting news happens. That's just how it goes.

This is nobodys fault. The last 2 months have been Flight 2000/Going Nuts, "pink" graphics, stress over the T2 kickstarter, mild dissapointment once people realize T2 is prety shallow (but still awesome I love it), followed by weird PS4 issues, more pink screenshots, and a pretty underwhelming pack in HH+T'eed Off (I'm still looking forward to it though).

Had there not been any pink issues, had the PS4 video blew peoples minds, had this month been Tales from the Crypt, this forum would be the happy go lucky place it once was. When next month is Getaway/8-Ball 2-pack, it'll be like the last 2 months never happened (I wish!!).

As long as next month is: Road Show. RCT. Monopoly. Junk Yard. Diner. F-14. High Speed. Getaway. -insert table people have been salivating over here-, everything will be fine and dandy. Oh and fire the colorblind pre-production dude who keeps scaring us with his pink screen shots.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Exactly.

I don't sense that anyone wants a forum where there is heavy handed moderation or cheer leading posts only. It's not what is said, but how it is said.

And don't forget that if one wants to argue or rant, there is always the chat room. What's said in the chat room stays in the chat room and there is no moderation. We rant and blow their steam off there on a regular basis. Even Sean and the Farsight Dev staff have been know to let their hair down there.

Constructive criticism here, anything goes in Chat Room. Lately the room has been more idle, but the more we frequent the Chat Room, the more fun it becomes.

Timelord ...

There was a party in there yesterday. Missed ya, man!

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Man. I haven't been in a chatroom since the 90's. I think the next big social media site will just be a big, easy to access chatroom. Who wants to invest in my idea?

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013

Mark, in the grand scheme of things, your words may perhaps be powerless but that doesn't mean they are meaningless. Or without merit.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts