When are we supposed to be getting Ghostbusters?

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
As far as physics 4.0 goes, I'd be happy if they partnered with Barnstorm and ported their decades old physics engine. Then again, I'd still want ball spin.

How can FS love pinball (and I believe they do) and not geek out on ball physics? I really don't get it. Don't they want these thing to play more like real machines?

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
Farsight won't ever say that. They'll just keep giving the same "coming soon coming soon coming soon we promise really" that we've heard from them forever. And they really do mean it, all this stuff in the pipeline they honestly do want to get done. They're not trying to break promises or disappoint the fans, they just don't have the capability.

I guess financial reasons. Take a look at the number of leaderboard entrys for the last tables. Only 2000-4000 users. Multiply this with the price for a table and it's understandable that there's only a small budget for development. Same goes for Pro Pinball with 27000 users since the release day. The pinball market is very small these days. Sad to say...

As far as physics 4.0 goes, I'd be happy if they partnered with Barnstorm and ported their decades old physics engine.

I guess we will never see this deal. The new physics for timeshock have been missing too for months...

Icepagoda

Jun 6, 2014
So, is the Trudeau news going to put the kibosh on a release of this (even though Mustang is already in the game)? I wonder if Farsight will pick another title to release with less stigma attached to it...

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
So, is the Trudeau news going to put the kibosh on a release of this (even though Mustang is already in the game)? I wonder if Farsight will pick another title to release with less stigma attached to it...

Highly doubt it, especially since it was offered in the one pack when it was released.

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
I haven't seen anyone discussing the "Bro Do You Even Talk Pinball" podcast from August 28, where Mike Lindsey gave some news on Ghostbusters - it sounded like he said it would be out "soon" for XBox 360 and Playstation 4 first, then followed later by Steam. He also mentioned Big Buck Hunter explicitly.

He did not mention mobile at all, or any other platforms.

Did anyone else catch anything in the interview?

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Stern Pinball Arcade was a noble idea crippled by poor execution. I bought all available DLC when it finally became available a few days after release on Steam.
Annual support just doesn't cut it.

Stern just doesn't seem all that enthusiastic about supporting it (they've got real machines to sell)and FarSight is simply stretched way too thin to support it. TPA's quality is heading south in an 18-wheeler with no brakes.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Stern Pinball Arcade was a noble idea crippled by poor execution. I bought all available DLC when it finally became available a few days after release on Steam.
Annual support just doesn't cut it.

Stern just doesn't seem all that enthusiastic about supporting it (they've got real machines to sell)and FarSight is simply stretched way too thin to support it. TPA's quality is heading south in an 18-wheeler with no brakes.

Obviously, this is just an opinion, and I respect that. I am curious to know though what you would point to regarding TPA quality plummeting? Seems to me their builds are better than ever, much less buggy upon release than the first few seasons. The table graphics are consistently good, and they even finally managed to overhaul Black Knight (way late, I'll grant you that). So please, care to back up your statement?

vfpcoder

Jul 9, 2012
Yeah — I don’t see an issue with the quality of the TPA tables on either iOS or Steam.
Now, the Stern “Star Trek” Steam table still has “crashing” issues, so that’s definitely a problem; but TPA quality seems just fine at this point.

The main issue with TPA right now is the new table selection: We need a “Big Bang Bar” release or another licensed table release to get the enthusiasm back up for this current season. While I have been steadily purchasing the tables as they have been released, the last TPA table that I really loved was “Eight Ball Deluxe”.

Silverball67

Jan 1, 2015
Yeah — I don’t see an issue with the quality of the TPA tables on either iOS or Steam.
”.

But there are crucial issues with the quality of TPA-tables on PS4. Horrible lightning since last update a year ago, just to mention one of these. And Farsight don´t care. No solving update in this year so far. And the same with the promised new tables on TPA and SPA. Too many platforms, too less manpower. And the worst, no communication with the community. I call that "secret-service-communication-policy":-(

But on one point, I agree with you. "Eight ball deluxe" was also the last satisfying table for me. A real classic, one of my favorites.

Last edited:

karl

May 10, 2012
It's impossible to please everyone, but tables like WCS94, Paragon and Fathom are all generally highly regarded in most pinball communities. That is 3 out of 5 so far this season. And they have been recreated rather well.

Personally I think Firepower II is also ok, so for me, this has been a really good season this far. Especially since this is their 7th season with almost 100 tables released. It is hard to please everybody all the time at this stage.

PS! Anybody noticed that on the Farsight page for TPA there is only listed 9 table packs this season?

https://www.pinballarcade.com/TablePacks/

Last edited:

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
It's because they took that month off karlos

Shame I can't play anything, but it's not a tap issue this ****ty 5th gen iPad stutters on most 3D games....sorry I didn't get a refund in the end but apple couldn't care less

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
It's because they took that month off karlos

Shame I can't play anything, but it's not a tap issue this ****ty 5th gen iPad stutters on most 3D games....sorry I didn't get a refund in the end but apple couldn't care less

Wait a minute, are you saying that there are actually only going to be 9 packs this season? For the same price as 10 in the past? Was this announced before people bought season passes? If so, I missed it.

It's still an okay deal, you get 3 packs free essentially, but I didn't think that part of my $30 was paying for the month off. I guess it is worth it in any case. It's been a great season so far.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Wait a minute, are you saying that there are actually only going to be 9 packs this season? For the same price as 10 in the past? Was this announced before people bought season passes? If so, I missed it.

It's still an okay deal, you get 3 packs free essentially, but I didn't think that part of my $30 was paying for the month off. I guess it is worth it in any case. It's been a great season so far.

Well yeah duh, as far as I know...

SCAAMMM

Nov 6, 2013
But there are crucial issues with the quality of TPA-tables on PS4. Horrible lightning since last update a year ago, just to mention one of these. And Farsight don´t care. No solving update in this year so far. And the same with the promised new tables on TPA and SPA. Too many platforms, too less manpower. And the worst, no communication with the community. I call that "secret-service-communication-policy

Hear, hear! well said.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
ABOUT THIS CONTENT

Get all TEN Season Seven pinball tables as they release for 40% off the price of buying them individually!

Tables Included: Paragon™, and 9 other unreleased tables.

^ direct quote off the steam Season 7 pass page. So looks like it will be 10 total packs unless an EM 2 pack is planned into that wording.

On the topic of SPA Ghostbusters, I regret my ps4 preorder but will buy em as they come going forward

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.