When are we supposed to be getting Ghostbusters?

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Magnet slingshots are cool but they can behave a bit unpredictable, more so than regular slingshots (a friend of mine has a GB LE). The hologram is definitely cool. Monstrous draino machine.

kaworu

Oct 17, 2016
i watch last stream and they said: "GB will be released in 1st 1/4 of 2017, so it will be untill end of april"...mind blown - i thought what 1st quarter of year ends in march.. does time flow differently in Bear Lake city valley? - is it some kind of twilight zone?
p.s.: and for the love of god, when they will finally fix this ugly textures wrapping of coffin and apron on Monster Bash? - it takes only half of hour, instead of this stupid stream they could just spend this time to fix something in that god damned game - and this lazy bastards cant do it for several years already - no excuses - it's shame.

Last edited:

kaworu

Oct 17, 2016
I don't usually come to bat for Farsight but I don't think it's all that simple, kaworu.
may be you dont know, but i do - texture wrapping of 1 primitive low polygon model like coffin on Monster Bash - is not a work for "many hours". if you want to see - just search for any wrapping tutorial on internet. i can tell even more - you dont even need some "great" skill for that task - even Farsighters can do it.

Last edited:

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
may be you dont know, but i do - texture wrapping of 1 primitive low polygon model like coffin on Monster Bash - is not a work for "many hours". if you want to see - just search for any wrapping tutorial on internet. i can tell even more - you dont even need some "great" skill for that task - even Farsighters can do it.

So essentially you watched something on the internet and determined based on that how long it should take without any knowledge of how the development to release process works.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
[Moderation]

Ok, can we please stop this discussion immediately? It's off-topic and is reaching a level, where it's getting offensive, and this is neither constructive nor does it lead to anything else than anger.

Thanks.

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
Originally was suppose to be the end of April but I think someone mentioned on the last twitch stream that it was getting pushed back to May cause of some emulation problems.

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
when they will finally fix this ugly textures wrapping of coffin and apron on Monster Bash? - it takes only half of hour, instead of this stupid stream they could just spend this time to fix something in that god damned game - and this lazy bastards cant do it for several years already - no excuses - it's shame.

You want to talk about aprons?

http://imgur.com/a/gwDnD

Don't forget Monster Bashes new backglass is only in DX9, they didn't bring it over to DX11 (same goes for AFM).

What's your beef with the Monster Bash Coffin?
epCfTk6.png

We could also talk about how drab they made their DX11 tables compared to DX9.

Last edited:

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
Originally was suppose to be the end of April but I think someone mentioned on the last twitch stream that it was getting pushed back to May cause of some emulation problems.

After playing the LE I anticipated this. There's a ton of things on that table that might be tricky for this engine and I honestly wonder if Farsight was making promises they weren't sure they could keep to get the contract.

BigTERP

Jul 29, 2016
Emulation problems? Well duh. Stern hasn't even fully coded all of the game's modes yet for the actual pinball machines. It is kinda hard to accurately emulate a game that isn't finished yet.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Emulation problems? Well duh. Stern hasn't even fully coded all of the game's modes yet for the actual pinball machines. It is kinda hard to accurately emulate a game that isn't finished yet.

in the past with various cpus and mech differences this was true unless stern upgrade the hardware all new stuff is basically a vm acctuacaty isonly the software update you pointed out

edit- accuracy too

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
It's true to say that there cannot be an "emulation issue" with any of the SPA tables (at least, the modern Sterns - I don't know about the legacy Sega/DE/Stern tables ported over from TPA).

This is because there isn't actually any emulation going on. Farsight have got the raw source code (presumably C++ since that is still the language of choice for game development) for the new Sterns, so all they need to do is compile it to get the native binaries for the relevant operating system.

What this issue probably is, as has been mentioned, is that Stern still haven't finished all the source code for Ghostbusters LE. So if you're going to blame anyone for the delay (and it's not the end of April yet!), blame Stern.

Rage

Apr 25, 2017
I was really hoping the new tables would have came out today. I think they release games on Tuesdays. At least that's when I get my hopes up. So obviously not coming out in April.

Rage

Apr 25, 2017
Individual tables are no longer for sale when I checked today from PSN. Only the 2 bundles, so perhaps an update is close as I own all those games I can't buy through TPA. Earlier this week they were for sale.

Rage

Apr 25, 2017
Update, I bought the table Last Action Hero for PS4 and it was free through the game itself. So now you can unlock SPA if you already own it on TPA. Woot!

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
That works on the PS4 version? It unlocked on iPad but none of the others did.

I bet they are having a hard time recreating some of the features of the Ghostbusters LE.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.