When are we supposed to be getting Ghostbusters?

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Yeah they haven't given any updates on this in about a month, seeings it was supposed to be April time would be nice for people who actually bought the season pass if they kept them abreast of whats the hell is happening!?

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
I'm remaining hopeful it's going to hit soon, really looking forward to this table. I've been chalking it up to code changes to the real table and the fact that the premium is a pretty complex table with the magnet slings and other toys. Wish they would have just started with the pro model which may have taken less then 6 months to develop and then add the premium option later.

Side note Zen hasn't released a new table since January 23rd - thankfully the pinball arcade has provided some tables or this would be a 6 month digital pinball drought.

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
The Mustang sale starting May 26 really made me think that Ghostbusters release was very close. The way the "table pack 2" has been handled (originally it was going to include both Mustang and Ghostbusters, now it's just Mustang and some upgraded TPA tables for $20 and a possibility of a discount on Ghostbusters if you had already purchased it), the fact that they were running this sale on Mustang seemed to imply that release of GB was imminent and they were trying to make Mustang more palatable.

Honestly, with cross-purchasing, I don't see how they are going to sell a lot of Mustangs without bundling it with another modern Stern table. I actually think Mustang may be the best of the three, it's super deep, challenging and fun, but without another modern Stern there's no way they're going to get a majority of people to spend $20 for the pack.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
On the Twitch stream last night they did confirm Ghostbusters will be next and that Big Buck Hunter might appear with the same update. Also changes to the UI (yay!). But no specific date was given.

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
On the Twitch stream last night they did confirm Ghostbusters will be next and that Big Buck Hunter might appear with the same update. Also changes to the UI (yay!). But no specific date was given.

At least that is some news, which is good to hear. More good news is Stern is coming out with another physical table, Star Wars.

strells

Oct 7, 2014
Yeah they haven't given any updates on this in about a month, seeings it was supposed to be April time would be nice for people who actually bought the season pass if they kept them abreast of whats the hell is happening!?

What season pass? TPA has season passes. SPA has table packs, not season passes as far I've seen.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012

I remember the "12 days" newsletter announcing "Whoa Nellie!". Must've fallen through.

Big Buck Hunter would be cool though. As to no date being given, it must be difficult to see that far into the future.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I remember the "12 days" newsletter announcing "Whoa Nellie!". Must've fallen through.

Big Buck Hunter would be cool though. As to no date being given, it must be difficult to see that far into the future.

I didn't ask about Whoa Nellie. But I do remember what you are talking about. My guess is pack 1 is AC/DC & Star Trek. Pack 2 is Mustang & Ghostbusters, and Pack 3 will be Big Buck Hunter and Whoa Nellie. But I don't really know for sure. The could surprise us with Kiss, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Metallica, or something else out of the blue.

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
I didn't ask about Whoa Nellie. But I do remember what you are talking about. My guess is pack 1 is AC/DC & Star Trek. Pack 2 is Mustang & Ghostbusters, and Pack 3 will be Big Buck Hunter and Whoa Nellie. But I don't really know for sure. The could surprise us with Kiss, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Metallica, or something else out of the blue.

Pretty much what I was thinking, Big Buck Hunter and Whoa Nellie will be the next pack.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I seriously doubt they'd release Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, or any of the other major titles just out of the blue.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I seriously doubt they'd release Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, or any of the other major titles just out of the blue.

I'm just saying they haven't announced what pack three will be yet. It's all speculation at this point. If pack 3 is Big Buck and Whoa Nellie, then that is not the impact of the two lead tables from the first two packs imo. So maybe it could be one of those I listed plus Big Buck. Then pack 4 could be another big name title with Whoa Nellie. I assume we will find out or get a hint with the release of Ghostbusters. Stern seems to be steering this ship, who knows what they are thinking/planning.

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
I suppose interested in anything SPA related release-wise, but BBH and WN are probably my least desired modern Stern tables. Wonder why they picked those. Are there additional licensing fees for electronic versions?

Mclong

Apr 22, 2016
I suppose interested in anything SPA related release-wise, but BBH and WN are probably my least desired modern Stern tables. Wonder why they picked those. Are there additional licensing fees for electronic versions?

I agree although I've never seen either before hearing about them here. I'm getting very disappointed with how long it's taking Ghostbusters to launch. Maybe it's because I've played 30+ games at the local arcade but I'm ready for Batman 66 or Aerosmith to release for SPA and neither of those games have been announced. I like Ghostbusters but Its seems like it's been so long that it's lost my anticipation. Hopefully that excitement comes back when it finally does launch.
"okay, who brought the dog?"

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.