When are we supposed to be getting Ghostbusters?

TFHFony

Mar 9, 2017
I am also very anxious to play this table. I played it in real life last month at the Dutch Pinball Museum and had quite some fun with it over there. I also wonder how the holograms will look on my TV :)

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
They said on the recent stream that Ghost Busters wont be the only table releasing!!, Spiderman Home coming is out end of the month............just saying!!

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
They said on the recent stream that ... Spiderman Home coming is out end of the month ...

The display looks interesting, curious if the big dots will come out unmangled from Farsights motif.

Rephrased: I think they might have had an issue with it being a color dmd looking at how they did ACDC.

The orange glow* added to a machine that has a red LED, versus an orange plasma, DMD?

Does having orange glow added to a red LED DMD make sense to anyone?
*can be seen as glare on some pinball streams

Last edited:

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
The display looks interesting, curious if the big dots will come out unmangled from Farsights motif.

Rephrased: I think they might have had an issue with it being a color dmd looking at how they did ACDC.

The orange glow* added to a machine that has a red LED, versus an orange plasma, DMD?

Does having orange glow added to a red LED DMD make sense to anyone?
*can be seen as glare on some pinball streams

Did you stumble upon some screenshots, relaxation?

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
Did you stumble upon some screenshots, relaxation?

the AC/DC comparison (dmd ui, pre-processed dmd, lighting, and final result) is sourced from me playing SternPA. If you didn't realize the underlined text had a link, the images are quite big.

AC/DC comparison, and for giggles Star Trek comparison which uses a red 'light source'

Watching sternPA streams I found I didn't like the up close camera shot of the DMD with the simulated glare, I've seen real streams where you can make out the dots and prefer that aesthetic. Star Treks glare effect also looks lopsided by comparison to AC/DCs.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Couldn't do anything about the voice as they were embedded in the ROM

Zen, besides paying Disney for the license, doesn't need to relicense the actor's voices - they could in theory just use different actors for the voices to save the money. With Farsignt, that's not really an option.

Farsight can replace voices if they want. TPA doesn't play sound by emulating a machine's sound ROM, for performance reasons, because that's computationally expensive. Farsight records audio clips and TPA plays them back natively on each device. It's quite doable to replace a voice that way.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Don't forget when you're licensing a real licensed table, you have to also re-license all the assets - character faces, voices, etc all need to be re-negotiated in order to produce a table. Addams Family is one where Christopher Lloyd refused to re-license his image and voice. Couldn't do anything about the voice as they were embedded in the ROM (but I think those have a mechanical license you can use), but his image had to be altered on the playfield.

Zen, besides paying Disney for the license, doesn't need to relicense the actor's voices - they could in theory just use different actors for the voices to save the money. With Farsignt, that's not really an option.
Lloyd's voice was never on the ROM, just his likeness in the artwork.

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
The Spiderman Home Edition is an interesting table in watching how people's opinions have changed - quite drastically at that.

Remember Stern's "The Pin", it was a Transformers/Avengers game? Well, the Spiderman Home Edition is the sequel to that. The first release of "The Pin" was like the beta run for Stern to test the Spike MPU system, and they also were able to gauge the market demands for a scaled down pinball machine to see how low they could go and still have it sell; think entry level model.

Back in 2012/13 the reaction to "The Pin" was mostly negative while the Spiderman Home Edition has been received quite well.

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
Well after watching the last farsight stream.. they didn't even mention spiderman, ghostbusters 'still waiting on some ui updates, and some other stuff, and then when we get that all prettied up we can release ghostbusters' 8 minutes in and then near the end they mentioned dr who balls coming close to release.

Nate

Jan 20, 2015
Breaking news!!! Ghostbusters is NEVER happening and the Steam SPA app will never be updated!! Gary Stern and George Gomez were just spotted in full batman and robin attire and seen driving an old tank disguised as the batmobile right thru Farsight Studios and right into Bear Lake, he was reportedly being chased by Steve Richie who was or some reason dressed like shao kahn and driving a crotch rocket that looked like a star wars land speeder while firing armor piercing rounds out of a sub-machine-pez dispenser while screaming that "if these dudes cant even make some games we already made then and I quote "isn't making another ****in star wars game not for all the shiny silver balls in the world!!" After hearing steve Ritchie was going on strike until farsight actually got something done Gary Stern then began to panic knowing that FS actually finishing anything was a long shot he proceeded to butt chug a 1/5 of ever clear while he planned how to forever rid California of that "No good Obernolte" "***** ass bobby" and "rotten reitmeyer" if that's what has to be done so be it....if steve was so much as to stop designing games for a few months gary would have to start selling his closets of Italian leather boots pair by pair and god forbid telling the other guys at stern that they are also the kings of pinball and not just steve, poor already lost pat lawlor to JJP he cant afford to lose his other layer of golden pinballs....not today, not ever, farsight must be destroyed!!! And that's the beginning of the end for you guys.....now seriously would you guys get some ****in games done or let me in on the stern beta or something....fawkfawkinfawwwwk obviously I'm bored out of my ****ing mind......

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
I'm not able to pick up on sarcasm. Was that a sarcastic post?^

Really though, that's pretty entertaining as I sit here in the parking lot waiting for it to turn beer 30.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I'm not able to pick up on sarcasm. Was that a sarcastic post?^

Really though, that's pretty entertaining as I sit here in the parking lot waiting for it to turn beer 30.

It's always beer 30 somewhere. Got some in my garage, though it might be a bit warm, forgot to transfer more to the fridge after the last one....

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
It's always beer 30 somewhere. Got some in my garage, though it might be a bit warm, forgot to transfer more to the fridge after the last one....

I forgot to transfer them to my mouth! I don't mean to derail this thread. Anytime is a good time to talk about beerthough right? Espescially right before work.

But seriously, I'm ok wait for some milk (more tables). I love AC/DC. To the point where I've worn it out for coworkers on break. I also love explaining the ruleset to them. Needless to say, not many people hang out with me on break, lol.

As far as the bugs on AC/DC, I just don't let them bother me. It would be nice to know if jam multiball is lit. But I kinda already know. The main thing is being able to tell if I've completed FIRE or not, but I just take it as it comes.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.