When are we supposed to be getting Ghostbusters?

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
So...
Next PBA table is close... That means the next newsletter is close...
Fingers crossed for some Ghostbusters news...

blindpeser

Nov 20, 2016
I wonder why people ask for new content. This product seems to be a dead horse at the moment, at least the steam version. New updates to solve the products condition problems are more urgent at the moment. But nothing happens, since 6 month. The facebook page got 4 updates this year. A Rift version was announced on June/01, last year, for last years fall. No status update since that time. Product was released in a horrible condition, just a small update for the major bugs was released. I am telling you guys, your fingers must hurt a lot from all the fingers crossing. It isnt worth the pain. Even if there will be a Ghostbusters table one day, it will probably be crap because the whole product is crap. And Farsight has no intention to get this product alive. They loose a lot of money since this product was released. People would like to spend some money on the tables, but they dont do for an unfinished product. Farsight just needs to release updates and fixes. But they dont care about this game at all. This product is dead gentlemen. Anybody got the time to arrange the funeral?

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Farsight will be releasing this, or they're going to be facing a breach of contract lawsuit from Stern. Stern themselves are almost certainly controlling the flow of information, as well as the release dates. Farsight have their fair share of problems, and the state that this was released in is one of them (*but...), but a lot of the "credit" should also, rightly, be laid at the feet of Stern.

* The timing of the release, right before Christmas, was a blatant "we gotta get this out for the holidays" push, even though the product wasn't ready. Farsight almost certainly knew this, but Stern were telling them to jump, so they jumped.

BoogieVan73

Sep 11, 2014
Farsight will be releasing this, or they're going to be facing a breach of contract lawsuit from Stern. Stern themselves are almost certainly controlling the flow of information, as well as the release dates. Farsight have their fair share of problems, and the state that this was released in is one of them (*but...), but a lot of the "credit" should also, rightly, be laid at the feet of Stern.

* The timing of the release, right before Christmas, was a blatant "we gotta get this out for the holidays" push, even though the product wasn't ready. Farsight almost certainly knew this, but Stern were telling them to jump, so they jumped.

Can you give a source for this? Especially for the jump part? I find it hard to believe somewhat...

Why would Stern feel any need to rush this out? Their business is real pinball, why would they care to push sims out?
Also, Stern sold probably licenses for tables, and that's it for them. Maybe they'd care if a quality product was made with the license, but then they're Stern and again, who cares about a freaking pc game.

"poor Faresight" vs "evil Stern", yes? Sounds a lot like bull**** to me, sorry.

thefly0810

Feb 13, 2014

Farsight did the same with the initial release of TPA on the PS4 (12/10/13). Over 3.5 years later and that "product" still isn't ready either, so history repeating itself?

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
Why would Stern feel any need to rush this out? Their business is real pinball, why would they care to push sims out?

they push out tables with unfinished code all the time, difference is people had a physical thing to dilly around with and wait for updates. Remember 13 months ago when Ghostbusters was floated for Fall? Then Xbox getting the limited editions tables at launch, 1st of dec 2016, yet to be seen elsewhere?

smells like an exclusivity deal* to me, hammered out in only 3~4 days.

Also consider with the last code update in January, 6 months ago, plus farsights track record in resetting leaderboards.. plus the work to redo the rules instructions.. which stern has a great track record for providing up to date manuals with detailed rulesheets in them. /s

They were made for each other.

To answer the latter question, use the pin sim to generate interest and feedback for a game still in (pre)production. They've only shipped prototypes around before mass production (Aerosmith), so it looks like the pin sim continues to miss the hypetrain.

*correction, Physical copies of SternPA for consoles have these 'exclusive' tables.. which are sold for [~30%] less than their digital counterparts? The MS store sells the limited edition addon for digital copies but PS4 does not.

Last edited:

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
Remember when I told you guys that Farsight didn't have the chops to properly emulate the entire Ghostbusters Premiere experience and that's what's holding this back?

Well, good news for me that, in the time since SPA launched last December, THREE actual Ghostbusters tables have popped up on location in my area and one is a Premium.

Btw, if you are ever in Indianapolis you should head to Centerpoint Brewery. They are starting a pinball arcade in the back with a goal for 10 pins by the end of the year.

They have the aforementioned GB Premier, Game of Thrones Pro, The Hobbit, Aerosmith Pro, The Getaway.

Dialed In is being delivered next week :-O

Last edited:

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
Congrats on a great local location collection, hotham. I'm in a pinball desert myself. Did get to play GB at Button Mash in Los Angeles today though (on vacation).

:)

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
The thing is that we don't really know what the update will contain. We have heard it will have Ghostbusters Premium and UI fixes. But it might contain other fixes and other tables (maybe Whoa Nellie! Or maybe Big Buck Hunter). We really don't know. Stern calls all the shots on what will be in there. If they add something or change something at the last minute, then everything gets moved back. We won't really know until Stern approves a release. Any dates that have been floated are estimates and should be treated as such.

BoogieVan73

Sep 11, 2014
The thing is that we don't really know what the update will contain. We have heard it will have Ghostbusters Premium and UI fixes. But it might contain other fixes and other tables (maybe Whoa Nellie! Or maybe Big Buck Hunter). We really don't know. Stern calls all the shots on what will be in there. If they add something or change something at the last minute, then everything gets moved back. We won't really know until Stern approves a release. Any dates that have been floated are estimates and should be treated as such.

Please stop stating opinions as facts or name sources, this is not a white house press conference. Where do you get the info that it's all Sterns fault???

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Please stop stating opinions as facts or name sources, this is not a white house press conference. Where do you get the info that it's all Sterns fault???

Well Kolchak is not the type of guy to just make stuff up. Maybe you could've started with, "where did you hear that?" I think what he was saying was that it might not be all on Farsight. Maybe Stern has more for FS to do than they were ready for originally. And they might not want the next update realesed just yet. I think that's all he was saying

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Farsight said themselves during a stream that they were trying to get GB out by march but that the contract with Stern says they have to have it finished by end of april. That's more than an estimate to me.
HOWEVER
Stern Ghostbusters real pin isn't even finished in the first place!! How are Farsight gonna finish an unfinished pin? It's entire final wizard mode is still missing and the mini wizard mode is buggy as hell. There are some quirks here and there that need some polishing throughout rest of it as well. It's not even beta-state.

The masters of unfinished digital pin teamed up with the champions of the unfinished real pins. What'd we expect?

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Farsight said themselves during a stream that they were trying to get GB out by march but that the contract with Stern says they have to have it finished by end of april. That's more than an estimate to me.
HOWEVER
Stern Ghostbusters real pin isn't even finished in the first place!! How are Farsight gonna finish an unfinished pin? It's entire final wizard mode is still missing and the mini wizard mode is buggy as hell. There are some quirks here and there that need some polishing throughout rest of it as well. It's not even beta-state.

The masters of unfinished digital pin teamed up with the champions of the unfinished real pins. What'd we expect?

Wizard goal #4 complete! But wait, I didn't even do anything ;)

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Remember when I told you guys that Farsight didn't have the chops to properly emulate the entire Ghostbusters Premiere experience and that's what's holding this back?

Well, good news for me that, in the time since SPA launched last December, THREE actual Ghostbusters tables have popped up on location in my area and one is a Premium.

Btw, if you are ever in Indianapolis you should head to Centerpoint Brewery. They are starting a pinball arcade in the back with a goal for 10 pins by the end of the year.

They have the aforementioned GB Premier, Game of Thrones Pro, The Hobbit, Aerosmith Pro, The Getaway.

Dialed In is being delivered next week :-O

Dialed In? You lucky!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.