When are we supposed to be getting Ghostbusters?

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Kol the evil facilitator of FAKE NEWS *suplexes him like donald* I say we either burn or ban his ass! There isn't anything wrong with speculation as long as it isn't stated as fact so let's not get are drawers in a twist people. I guess when there's no news people get angry at anything lol. Shame on you kol SHAME*rings bell*

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Kol the evil facilitator of FAKE NEWS *suplexes him like donald* I say we either burn or ban his ass! There isn't anything wrong with speculation as long as it isn't stated as fact so let's not get are drawers in a twist people. I guess when there's no news people get angry at anything lol. Shame on you kol SHAME*rings bell*

You can ban for speculating, right? Cause you're a mod. They can only get banned if they speculated wrong though.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
rickmoranisignjpg-9b30bf_1280w.jpg

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
If there was no speculation we would have about 9 posts on this forum.
My wife probably posted that. She doesn't believe anything I say. ;).

BoogieVan73

Sep 11, 2014
If there was no speculation we would have about 9 posts on this forum.
My wife probably posted that. She doesn't believe anything I say. ;).

There is nothing wrong with speculation, but there is a difference between the statement "Stern is delaying them" and "I think Stern is delaying them" - one is a fact and one is an opinion. Sorry, I'm just tired of opinions presented as facts without any backup or arguments to support them. And indeed this not only concerns the discussion here.

vfpcoder

Jul 9, 2012
I think it is a fact that some members on here are of the opinion that Stern is a factor in the slow pace of SPA updates; while other members are of the opinion that the sole responsibility is on Farsight.

Personally, I am of the opinion that I would like to see an update (in any form or fashion) to the Stern Pinball Arcade.

thefly0810

Feb 13, 2014
I think it is a fact that some members on here are of the opinion that Stern is a factor in the slow pace of SPA updates; while other members are of the opinion that the sole responsibility is on Farsight.

Personally, I am of the opinion that I would like to see an update (in any form or fashion) to the Stern Pinball Arcade.

I can see Stern controlling what tables are released and when they happen, but as far as general updates that could easily occur outside of table releases, I would guess that falls on Farsight. In true Farsight fashion though, the tumbleweeds roll on by as the game sits there untouched, months on end, while bugs and problems continue to run free.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
So true. I've to admit it doesn't matter much if Stern or Farsight is the bottle neck here, the whole situation is just fubar.

I'm not sure when it turned into this whole, who's to blame thing. But does it really matter? Either way we're not getting anything for SPA yet. The thread title is asking when? But does anyone really know? But damn, this thread's still going strong. So, none of us have the answers, but have a lot to say, lol. For me, I think SPA is great, and I really hope things get figured out. I'm just crossing my fingers that it goes the way they planned on it going in the future. The plan was to release the new Stern digitally so people could understand the rules if they were about to play the real table. At least I'm pretty sure that's a bit g reason they teamed up with FS. Also, it would help sales for the real table if people didn't have the money, but still wanted to play. And I'll be honest, I love AC/DC because of SPA. and I wouldn't mind having one of my own :)

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
I've purposely held of buying until various issues have been fixed even tho I'ma huge (read deranged) fan of ac/dc and my paragon...after five years farsights Dev cycle has kinda gave me some like Stockholm syndrome-lite heh, I don't wanna ruin my experience with the flaws and I trust the forums judgment on these things so once our guys are happy I'm all in etc.

To farsights credit they have improved and hired some great people over the years but still tend to bite of more than they can chew.

I'm still in survival/refugee mode of 2012, digital pinball for the masses!

I'm Mary poppins yall!

Zappa

Nov 15, 2013
What is hilarious is their facebook page....back on May 1, they said that Ghostbusters is near! And all the morons believed them! 7 months since they released this buggy turd and we have nothing new. Such massive fail, but its COMEDY GOLD.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
I am as well at a lost of words how this whole thing is playing out.

What was the promise (inc. implicit/implied) of SPA?
- Official Stern product - this is akin to being a "works" team in Formula One rather than a privateer; Stern is a big name.
- 100% correct artwork/graphics: taken straight from Stern itself.
- 100% correct mapping/grid: taken straight from Stern's manufacturing data.
- 100% correct (high level) emulation of the software side running native, re-compiled code.
- Awesome physics and lighting by only supporting capable hardware.
- Ability to play brand-new Stern tables (as opposed to being at least a few years old).

That all looks awesome but hasn't (yet) come to fruition. Let's hope they pull this off before SpaceX can send humans on a trip around the moon. The latter seems to me to be more complex by several orders of magnitude.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
don`t worry be happy !!! we have about 90 other tables to play with , what`s a few more months !!! :cool:( I`m pulling your legs ) hehe !!!:cool:

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts