When are we supposed to be getting Ghostbusters?

thefly0810

Feb 13, 2014
I think that one of you need to start a Pinballarcadenotafan.com forum

Lol. I can sort of see your point, but it's not so much a lack of passion from some of these fans for the Stern/Pinball Arcade games themselves as much as it's the frustration in Farsight as a company on how they're handling these games.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I'm gonna say this, for the upteenth time about anything relating to Stern Pinball Arcade...

FarSight is at the mercy of the 3rd party licensor, Stern. They are simply making the product. If Stern wants it released early, they have to put it out early. If Stern wants them to hold off on releasing, they have to hold off. In the same way Stern gets ripped for say the art on Game of Thrones, when HBO is the one that dictated the look, FarSight is the undeserving punching bag here.

You may now resume complaining.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I'm gonna say this, for the upteenth time about anything relating to Stern Pinball Arcade...

FarSight is at the mercy of the 3rd party licensor, Stern. They are simply making the product. If Stern wants it released early, they have to put it out early. If Stern wants them to hold off on releasing, they have to hold off. In the same way Stern gets ripped for say the art on Game of Thrones, when HBO is the one that dictated the look, FarSight is the undeserving punching bag here.

You may now resume complaining.

THEN, that extra time that Stern ""gives" them should flow into development. It's like that Kickstarter for T2. Big Shot Olbernolte was gonna make sure the game was gonna be made. Why? Because it's his fave. Development made sure this ****er was straight up perfect. With that said, when Ghostbusters comes out, it, along with all the other current Stern titles should be "Top Of The Line" in terms of quality.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
A well made point but most of us are old hat, we know this ****e, farsights latest update somehow made mist tables playable on iOS again so I'm coming for a REAL paragon score(for you pinwiz45) nothing less than top 20 *****es! As for spa I've wanted to play ac/dc for a lonnnggg time...you guys know that

Once our core group is happy that's my go ahead so until then.... iz*****face

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
THEN, that extra time that Stern ""gives" them should flow into development. It's like that Kickstarter for T2. Big Shot Olbernolte was gonna make sure the game was gonna be made. Why? Because it's his fave. Development made sure this ****er was straight up perfect. With that said, when Ghostbusters comes out, it, along with all the other current Stern titles should be "Top Of The Line" in terms of quality.

It's all up to the client. If they are happy with the end result, they'll ask for it to be released. They might be happy right now, but don't like the timing of a release. There might be some other aspect of the app that has nothing to do with any particular table that the client wants dealt with first. Point is, recognize there are other pots on the stove, some on stoves we may not know about. There is no "if a, then b", it's just not that simple. Secondly, you build to client specifications, not your own. FarSight is the client with TPA, Stern is client of SPA.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
For me, I only play AC/DC, Star Trek, and Mustang on SPA. And all three play well enough for my skill on ios. I enjoy them as much as any pins released on TPA. We have plenty of pins to keep me busy, but it's hard not to constantly covet what is coming next. I've played enough Ghostbusters in real life to know that I want to play it real bad in SPA. Just makes the wait a little tougher. I understand wanting an update badly, but I don't get the anger/frustration some folks seem to have. We are all just in this for fun, right? As SYT said, it will come when it comes. We just have to wait it out. Hang in there people.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
HAnging in there. Want ghostbusters in SPA pretty darn bad, 7-8 months is really feeling like hard time, especially without any communication except the one fb post in may. I wanted to have fun playing it but also get into the deep rules of the table and develop a strategy for both casual and tournament play.

Here's what I got so far from spending 100's of dollars in real life learning the machine

Skll shot - always pick K (playfield multiplier) and video mode. Short plunge to catch ball on left flipper without starting ballsave, shoot right scoop to start video mode and play cross streams. If you over plung the short plunge you def want to try and nudge into k.

Light ghost and always start librarian lane modes - shortest path to mini wiz mode and lots of points...

And waiting for spa to learn more. Really hoping it happens soon. It's been long enough.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
I always choose start mode first as ghost targets and slime is dangerous! I always play the right loop modes first as stay puft gives insane points!!!

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
I always choose start mode first as ghost targets and slime is dangerous! I always play the right loop modes first as stay puft gives insane points!!!

That was my old strategy and the one I do for fun! Cross the streams video mode is great for tournament play, easy quick points over your opponent.

thefly0810

Feb 13, 2014
I think where some of the blame does fall back on Farsight is the same problem as always, poor communication with their fans. The Ghostbusters Coming Soon was put into the game back in December or January. Then it's coming in a couple of months, then it should be done by April. Then May. And yes, I do believe they're hoping to have it out at those times mentioned. But then those timeframes come and go without an acknowledgement that those timeframes were missed in the newsletters. Now granted, Farsight doesn't owe us anything. But it would go a long way with a lot of customers to come out and say "we apologize for jumping the gun with the Ghostbusters Coming Soon promo and prematurely saying that it would be ready in April or May. We weren't able to get the table ready for release in that timeframe. We're continuing to work on the table. Unfortunately at this time, we have no definitive release date. We want to make sure you have the best experience possible when the table is released. Again, we apologize for any miscommunications on our part."

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I think they need to take Zen's approach and not announce a thing until weeks before the actual release. That way they could ride the wave of buzz into sales, and negative comments will be overwhelmed by positive. SPA isn't a monthly release, so no need to constantly stoke the fire.

thefly0810

Feb 13, 2014
I think they need to take Zen's approach and not announce a thing until weeks before the actual release. That way they could ride the wave of buzz into sales, and negative comments will be overwhelmed by positive. SPA isn't a monthly release, so no need to constantly stoke the fire.

100% agree.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
HAnging in there. Want ghostbusters in SPA pretty darn bad, 7-8 months is really feeling like hard time, especially without any communication except the one fb post in may. I wanted to have fun playing it but also get into the deep rules of the table and develop a strategy for both casual and tournament play.

Here's what I got so far from spending 100's of dollars in real life learning the machine

Skll shot - always pick K (playfield multiplier) and video mode. Short plunge to catch ball on left flipper without starting ballsave, shoot right scoop to start video mode and play cross streams. If you over plung the short plunge you def want to try and nudge into k.

Light ghost and always start librarian lane modes - shortest path to mini wiz mode and lots of points...

And waiting for spa to learn more. Really hoping it happens soon. It's been long enough.

I have been going with start mode as well. I will give your method a shot though. Sounds like a good way to bump up the score and make replay a bit easier to hit.
Thanks for the tips guys. keep them coming. I find GB a very tough pin, and could use all the help I can get. Good games are not too common for me on it. I've mostly played the pro model (mall arcade in Reading PA has one). I assume the SPA release will be the Premium, so I'm really looking forward to that.

Last edited:

BoogieVan73

Sep 11, 2014
I understand wanting an update badly, but I don't get the anger/frustration some folks seem to have. We are all just in this for fun, right? As SYT said, it will come when it comes. We just have to wait it out. Hang in there people.

I'm not (that) angry about the Ghostbusters delay, I'm waiting for a fix for the Star Trek bug on steam/pc - all timed missions that time out to 0 crash the game. Which is really frustrating once you start to get better and want to go beyond Kobayashi Maru to the next wizard goal. Mess up on any level 2 mission and you're done, has realy no one else run into this?

https://steamcommunity.com/app/564010/discussions/0/135508833659269987/

This was reported in February and until now nothing has been done about it. Yes - this kind of ignorance concerning a game breaking bug makes me angry. I've got no real problems with the small very occasional bugs like the cannon on AC/DC shooting the ball through the side of the table - not nice but the game will recover and not just freeze. But the Star Trek bug is happening always, 100% reproducable.

I was very excited (and supportive, I bought Mustang although I don't play it, just don't like the table) about the whole thing at first. But having to watch it go down the drain more or less (around 70% negative reviews on steam last time I checked, the game probably won't recover from this) was, at least for me, infuriating. So much wasted opportunities and potential...

Besides, I'm very pationate about pinball, just like veryone else here, so messing with my hobby ... makes me angry ;-)

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Yes, all SPA releases will be of Premium versions. I do wish the PRO version of certain tables would be made available also, like if GoT gets made, as they play a bit differently.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I'm not (that) angry about the Ghostbusters delay, I'm waiting for a fix for the Star Trek bug on steam/pc - all timed missions that time out to 0 crash the game. Which is really frustrating once you start to get better and want to go beyond Kobayashi Maru to the next wizard goal. Mess up on any level 2 mission and you're done, has realy no one else run into this?

https://steamcommunity.com/app/564010/discussions/0/135508833659269987/

This was reported in February and until now nothing has been done about it. Yes - this kind of ignorance concerning a game breaking bug makes me angry. I've got no real problems with the small very occasional bugs like the cannon on AC/DC shooting the ball through the side of the table - not nice but the game will recover and not just freeze. But the Star Trek bug is happening always, 100% reproducable.

I was very excited (and supportive, I bought Mustang although I don't play it, just don't like the table) about the whole thing at first. But having to watch it go down the drain more or less (around 70% negative reviews on steam last time I checked, the game probably won't recover from this) was, at least for me, infuriating. So much wasted opportunities and potential...

Besides, I'm very pationate about pinball, just like veryone else here, so messing with my hobby ... makes me angry ;-)

I certainly wasn't singling you out BV73. I apologize if it came out that way. I just meant the general vibe of the thread.
Totally agree with you on game breaking bugs, especially repeatable ones that show up during a long/good game. Keep banging the drum and reporting them. They definitely need to be squashed. Fingers crossed the next update will take care of that one (as it should).

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
That was my old strategy and the one I do for fun! Cross the streams video mode is great for tournament play, easy quick points over your opponent.

Oh ok cool yeah haven't had a chance to play this in any tourney yet but it sounds like a strat I'd go for!!

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
By the way this Ghostbusters & co delay BS was so expected. Farsight are so predictable at failing. I'm just still bummed they said star trek will get updated with ghostbusters release.
Here's what I posted on steam forum on 8th of March

"Just get back to the real world for a sec, Farsight, update Star Trek, and then go back to your wishful thinking land, where Ghostbusters and a bunch of other tables will be released and fully working by deadline day. Please don't drag along Star Trek into that mess."

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
By the way this Ghostbusters & co delay BS was so expected. Farsight are so predictable at failing. I'm just still bummed they said star trek will get updated with ghostbusters release.
Here's what I posted on steam forum on 8th of March

"Just get back to the real world for a sec, Farsight, update Star Trek, and then go back to your wishful thinking land, where Ghostbusters and a bunch of other tables will be released and fully working by deadline day. Please don't drag along Star Trek into that mess."

And again I point back to the previous page with my post...it's Stern's call, not FarSight's. As in, FS might very well want to issue an update to Star Trek right now, but if Stern says no, then they can't. Everything goes through Stern first. This is not speculation on my part either, but the actual way the agreement is structured.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts