When are we supposed to be getting Ghostbusters?

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
And again I point back to the previous page with my post...it's Stern's call, not FarSight's. As in, FS might very well want to issue an update to Star Trek right now, but if Stern says no, then they can't. Everything goes through Stern first. This is not speculation on my part either, but the actual way the agreement is structured.

So you're saying Farsight told you they have had a fix for star trek crashing finished and ready to be implemented since what, february, but Stern stopped it? And you believe that??? Sure, GB I believe is pure Stern but there have been other updates to the Stern app, why hinder the biggest bug being fixed??

Oh and I don't believe for one second that Farsight would have had a fully working Ghostbusters, whoa nellie, big buck hunter and a fix for star trek finished by the end of April which they said they would. Stern is a great excuse to use, interesting they never mentioned any hindrance before deadline lol.

Last edited:

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
So you're saying Farsight told you they have had a fix for star trek crashing finished and ready to be implemented since what, february, but Stern stopped it? And you believe that??? Sure, GB I believe is pure Stern but there have been other updates to the Stern app, why hinder the biggest bug being fixed??

Hey buddy. I think you may have misunderstood his sentence with "this is not speculation" in it. There probably isn't a fix yet.

May I suggest for future posters to use phrasing like... probably, might, I think, I hope, what if?, don't you think?dont you hope?

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Jesus h Christ have we come to this behave yourselves or I'll get angry and you won't like me when I'm grungy!

Seriously chill out

thefly0810

Feb 13, 2014
I understand the frustrations and doubt that people have in Farsight in this situation due to their poor history of updating the original TPA. And it's just a bad business deal that Stern does not let Farsight update the product that they created for them. And it does sound questionable. Could you imagine if there was a major bug in Overwatch and Activision told Blizzard that "No. You can't fix that bug via a patch until you get the next character and level created and fully functional. Then we will simultaneously release the patch with the new DLC." It wouldn't happen because they would lose too many players waiting months on end for a fix and by the time they did fix it, a lot of those players have already moved on to something new.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Let me be clear. I do not know what bug fixes, tables, or releases are ready. What I am trying to get you guys to understand is the concept of 3rd parties being in control. For me this isn't hard to 'believe' as I see it all the time working in film and TV. On a commercial shoot, there's the director who is making the whole project, but then there's the clients, who are watching every take and setup at a private monitor just away from the action. Believe me, they can get vocal. Sometimes you start to wonder why they themselves aren't directing, until you realize they don't actually know how to put everything together, they just know if what they see is or isn't what they hoped for.

I have had many real conversations with members of FarSight. They are passionate about pinball. They have always talked straight with me, never given me reason to think they are lying through there teeth or in it just for the money. There are certainly business concerns that override game ideals, but that is to be expected. I get the frustration. I vent mine all the time in our podcast. I am not a game developer though, so when people that are tell me the way things actually run, I tend to believe their take of events over forum members taking wild shots in the dark.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
I have inside information that none of us have inside information. As said by one of those Premeirs, (not spelled right because I don't care enough about them), keep your shirt on! At least the new update for SPA won't be FP2

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
People here are complaining about waiting so long for a Stern Pinball Arcade update and me, as a console TPA player is sitting here like, "didn't we just get an update to SPA like 8 or 9 months ago?"

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
It's all up to the client. If they are happy with the end result, they'll ask for it to be released. They might be happy right now, but don't like the timing of a release. There might be some other aspect of the app that has nothing to do with any particular table that the client wants dealt with first. Point is, recognize there are other pots on the stove, some on stoves we may not know about. There is no "if a, then b", it's just not that simple. Secondly, you build to client specifications, not your own. FarSight is the client with TPA, Stern is client of SPA.

Ok. To take it away from the straight up b!tching, let's look at the timing angle. You're saying, hypothetically, Stern may be happy with Ghostbusters as it is right now. But, they don't want it released now. Looking at it this way, then why? The farther you wade into the fall, the more competition there is from other games. And, as we all know, neither FarSight nor Stern are very good at marketing their product. Stern has improved over the years but they're nothing special when it comes to advertising. I'd love to say, that when Ghostbusters is released, "oh, now I see why they waited." And this is based soley on your example that the delay may be related to timing and nothing else.

You mentioned "other aspects." Well, the table select screen is unnecessary. The "paging" though tables as if you're flying around an arcade is wasted development time. Some people have mentioned issues with the current games. Now I only play the three new games and they play pretty decent to me. Like most, I did notice the progression in quality between the three with the first, AC/DC being the "worst" and Mustang being the "best" just in terms of digitization quality. Most of this site is speculation so, speculating, what other things about the current app might Stern want "fixed?"

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
I communed with Harold Ramis and he informed me that old man stern won't let him cross over until he demos the machine at the next expo...there's a little bit of a stalemate

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
He says if akyrod had slept with the director it would have come in under budget and their would be a second movie! ....I haven't seen the new movie myself, sty gave it kudos as a popcorn movie and it's 3D effects so I've been meaning too just haven't yet.....I was a huge ghostbusters kid....had all the toys....the Irish TrueType believe in spirits tho, my aunt once had her fortune read...rang the girl up 2 weeks later and complained she left a poltergeist in her house and she wanted a refund! Then she called the local priest and he had to explain that the exorcist was actually a movie and it's not s Antione in the modern church. So he threw some holy water about and said a wee prayer! I respect people of truth faith but stupid is stupid! Ermmm tmi?

thefly0810

Feb 13, 2014
Lol. That's a great story Heretic. As far far as the latest Ghostbusters, I agree with the assessment. It's a decent popcorn flick. Nobody's probably ever going to vote it the best film of all time, but it's also not as bad as a lot of people claim it to be. There are some funny moments in it. The original is still there to watch for those who don't like it.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts