When Do We Get The New UI?

BallyTheDog

Apr 22, 2018
The PS4 version still uses the old UI (the one where you scroll through tables vertically). With 94 tables, it's a real pain to find the one you're looking for. I like the interface with the pinball icons a lot better. Will this be implemented in the next update?

Michael

Jan 9, 2015
Meh, I hope not. I prefer the old UI. A section for favorite tables would be nice, but the time it takes to scroll through a specific table is negligible even at the current amount.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
please let them add the option to disable that pinball wizard song... i used to love that song, really i did but after hearing the beginning of it over 4000 times i am so sick of it. It has become so anoying to me. Everyone i live with cringes when it goes on and they all hate it now too. I now click the first possible table and back out so it plays that table's music instead, but the whole panic to shut it off really pulls me out of just enjoying the game. Its like when you use a song you like as an alarm clock and after waking up to it for a year you just never want to put it on again. I would happily go back to that old annoying menu if it ment no more damn pinball wizard song.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
I agree, the current UI is easiest on console and don't forget the list is in alphabetical order, so the most you'd have to scroll is 50% of the list (and it scrolls pretty fast). I don't mind "pinball wizard" being the "theme song" but it's time to throw in a couple of fresh versions (club remix, techno mix, "unplugged", maybe even a heavy metal version, etc.) and have you set your preference in the options.

iCub

Oct 8, 2012
A hybrid of the two UIs would be great. The menus for sound, scores, settings etc taken from the original UI (more of a pinball related look with the steel, pinball sliders etc) combined with the grid format table selection from the new UI. Even better would be to have the grid icons made from the rectangular backglasses from the original UI as I find the Pinball themed icons are difficult to make out sometimes. All this with the option to choose the menu music from any of the table soundtracks instead of that shrill sounding rendition of Pinball Wizard!!

xZOMBIEx

May 28, 2017
I have a feeling the won't be any kind of update for this. I really think we're on the last legs for PBA. The loss of the Williams and Bally license is going to be the first nail in the coffin or already is pretty much...

The PS4 and I'm assuming XB1 as well need a whole new graphical update... They are ports of the last gen versions... They should have been doing a whole new port from the PC or just a whole new version... That's what they should have been doing and working on when there was no updates on consoles for like a year and we didn't get the rest of season 6 tables for a very long time.... Had they done that and that was the reason there wasn't any updates during that period, then all would been forgiven and people would have become interested again and probably would be more open to getting the Williams/Bally tables if they haven't become they are gone...

Zens Pinball FX3 really shows just how bland PBA looks and shows how the graphics, lighting, physics, etc. Could be greatly improved upon and updated...

Whoever is running Farsight/PBA on consoles should be replaced because they are not giving the attention and respect the console customers and fans deserve and should have gotten... If I recall, wasn't it the console versions that made PBA popular, le with the older disc releases and then the 360/PS3 and then it went to PC and mobile or maybe it was on PC at the same time?...

Meh, it does need to be updated, but i really doubt it will be... It's like they are just wanting us to forget about it and move on, no new news or announcements, doesn't seem like they even care anymore and have moved on... When is the last time that Tom guy replied on the forums? I don't think I've really seen him be active like he was before the announcement that they lost the license...

psykil

Nov 8, 2016
If all you have to do is complain and tell other people what they should be doing maybe do yourself and all us all a favor and find somewhere else to do it.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts