when will we see cabinet options?

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
Have searched and cannot find it - whats the exact make/model of cabinet that Farsight have? And does anyone have a link to the video where they showed off preliminary support at one of the expos

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
Yawn. 360 is DEAD!! What about cabinet support? You guys ever going to get around to that?

I'm sure that the millions of 360 owners,like the 100,000 plus people that play games like COD on a regular basis,would disagree with you. I certainly do!

But that is off the thread topic...so to stay on point - I also think that being able to play TPA in a cabinet properly would be awesome,mainly because of the ease of use. If you aren't computer savvy,then FP & VP is a nightmare trying to setup and maintain. That is a fact. You simply cannot dismiss ease of use.

I do hope that cabinet support for TPA does come,because that would be the driving force to make me either buy a VirtuaPin or something like it.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Have searched and cannot find it - whats the exact make/model of cabinet that Farsight have? And does anyone have a link to the video where they showed off preliminary support at one of the expos

It's a VirtuaPin but not sure the model number.

Here's two pictures of it that I took at the 2013 Chicago Expo if that helps.

IMG_3234.jpg

IMG_3235.jpg

Last edited:

karl

May 10, 2012
While we wait, visual pinball is taking huge steps right now. Not only dx9(and beyond), but a major physics update is in the works, and it's gonna be sweet. The early beta for the physics is incredible, so buying a cab is far from a waste (with that said, I feel your pain, DaPinballWizard)

hammr25

Oct 4, 2012
Farsight completed the Xbox 360 seasons 1 and 2 a long time ago. They'd be crazy not to get those out before they finished cab support which is a niche market of a PC market they didn't initially even want to support.

PC.Doctor

Jul 22, 2013
When I build my first pinball cabinet in the future, I'm more than likely to use Visual Pinball than I would with TPA even if the cabinet mode is released in that time. That way, I get more pinball experience and a a lot more tables to play from :D

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Nothing yet. Been swamped with a bunch of other tasks. Hoping to get back to it in the next few weeks.

Maybe you could accidently slip in the DMD output support in the next update :)
It was half ready in January and I don't care if it only works half the time...

Roo

Jul 5, 2013

Actually, they had it working on their cab (on STTNG, anyway) during the Chicago Pinball Expo back in October... ;)

Although I'm guessing their aim is to release all the cabinet features at once.

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
You know, that's a good point though. If at least some small part of cabinet support was released now, it would probably calm the natives a bit :).

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
While we wait, visual pinball is taking huge steps right now. Not only dx9(and beyond), but a major physics update is in the works, and it's gonna be sweet. The early beta for the physics is incredible, so buying a cab is far from a waste (with that said, I feel your pain, DaPinballWizard)

While it's great to see VP still bring improved upon its still only uses a dated 2D engine and doesnt look that impressive anymore when we've been spoilt by the likes of Future Pinball, TPA, Pinball FX and now recently Unity3D Pinball

Last edited:

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012

Yeah I would much prefer a work in progress release of it, just an option in the menus to be able to enable it with a disclaimer saying it may break the game and is work in progress

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Yawn! Will be here b****ing until season 4. After that, see ya. Don't expect it by then so , probably will be gone. 5 more tables in season 3? Getting close.

Loadedweapon

Oct 26, 2013
yea give us something even if its just option to change the screen to portrait mode and move dmd to another screen I will buy all the tables.. THX

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts