Where are Config settings stored?

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
After someone runs the PBAConfig.exe, either manually or in Steam, where are those configuration settings saved? Is it in a file somewhere, or is it in the Registry? If it's in a file, I would like to be able to backup my settings of my various configurations. Then I can quickly/easily switch between those backups when using TPA with different display setups, such as PC monitor, cabinet, or TV. (Some of those are Portrait layout for with or without the Cameramod, and some of those are Landscape layout.)

But so far from my experimentation, it's looking to me like it's not in a file. As I made changes, but no timestamps of any files that I can see in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\PinballArcade are changing. If it's in the Registry, I guess it's going to be a pain to do what I have in mind.

Thanks.

Last edited:

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Look under my games in documents. It's no editable file though. This is also the place where your save games are - so be careful.

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
Thanks mpad. Turns out that the "My Games" under "Documents" hasn't been updated on my PC in years. (Something got messed up with my PC's User Profiles in the past.) But thanks to your tip I did a search for "My Games" and found another folder by that name in another location that has the Pinball Arcade files you mentioned in it. (My absolute favorite tool is "Everything" http://www.voidtools.com/ which thanks to its constantly updating database can instantly search my entire PC with its millions of files/folders. It's freeware, but the author welcome donations.)

Last edited:

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
yeah, now I remember TPA creates the folder under "username"/My Games, which is not the right place anyway. my fault / fs fault.
but thanks for the tool tip. look like a good alternative to ms search indexer...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.