Where are Season 2-4 challenges, Far Sight? 3.0 physics on Mobile/Console?

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
Quick question: if a new developer came along and started doing digital conversions of pins, would you drop Far Sight? I sure would.

Must be nice being the only game in town.

invitro

May 4, 2012
Quick question: if a new developer came along and started doing digital conversions of pins, would you drop Far Sight? I sure would.
Hell, no. TPA is probably my favorite video game of all time. Since you asked...

Last edited:

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Not likely - because the new developer would have to replicate my favorite tables as well, and do a consistently better job to get me to switch. But that means int he meantime I'd be supporting both.

The TPA is not the only game in town, especially on PC. There's a far older group who does digital recreations of pins. It's been a long while since I've participated in that group (there have been huge number of rocky spots), to the point where I got burned out by the infighting and pettiness and political crap that I left them. And didn't come back until I found TPA.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I'm too invested in TPA to switch. Hell, I don't even switch from iPad TPA to PC TPA which has better graphics, lighting and controls. Granted, some things could be better (still a few bugs in tables, UI could use an overhaul) and not every platform gets the same treatment it seems. I like Zen for the fun you can have with it but it can't hold a candle to TPA physics. Timeshock Pro is probably the best pin simulation out there right now, but it's only one pin and I'm waiting for other view angles to give it a serious spin. I like the Zaccaria work by ASK, but I'm just not that into the pins itself. VP(M) has some serious quality tables and does recreations of existing pins. Before TPA I was very hooked on VP(M). The quality is very inconsistent though, and to get it running smoothly it's not as easy (although it's far better compared with the early days), but the main missing thing is a dedicated and trustworthy online scoring system. Far too many different versions of the main program and accompanying tables too. So no, I'm a TPA guy now.....

Voof

Sep 22, 2015
So I do not understand this mentality... I bought TPA, they gave me tables, life was awesome! They then redid some things, gave me some challenges, modified a few things to make tables better and life is still awesome(didn't they upgrade the graphics and lights for free too?) Now they've gone through PC, modified their tables, and not mine on console and I'm mad? You should instead embrace the fact that you may once again get something for free, thank far sight for their hard work for upgrading a game for free numerous times that worked fine enough in the first place.

Trenchbroom

Apr 20, 2013
So I do not understand this mentality... I bought TPA, they gave me tables, life was awesome! They then redid some things, gave me some challenges, modified a few things to make tables better and life is still awesome(didn't they upgrade the graphics and lights for free too?) Now they've gone through PC, modified their tables, and not mine on console and I'm mad? You should instead embrace the fact that you may once again get something for free, thank far sight for their hard work for upgrading a game for free numerous times that worked fine enough in the first place.

I think this shows the big difference between PC/IOS users and console users. I would bet hard currency that the OP plays TPA on a console.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
I think this shows the big difference between PC/IOS users and console users. I would bet hard currency that the OP plays TPA on a console.

You'd lose. I own tables on the Sony consoles but I primarily play on PC and iPad. I like to play with my monitor in tate mode on PC, and I use the iPad when I'm out of the house or reclining on the couch. In both instances, I use an arcade stick (usb for PC, iCade for iPad) that I added side buttons to, when I can. It's the next best thing to real pinball for what I can afford/justify. But switching between PC and iPad is less than ideal, because while PC has the 3.0 physics on all tables, mobile only has the new physics starting with Xenon ( i believe recently a few random oldies like Big Shot got the update). The lack of physics parity throws off my game when switching platforms, and because I prefer 3.0 flipper physics I tend to not play the older tables on my iPad, even though I own every table on that platform. So yeah, I am disappointed with the support.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I'm amazed it's still going and has licensed tables. There are things I could complain about, but I don't because I'm amazed it even exists!

Axlsgolden

Dec 2, 2013
TPA rocks!! Nobody can compete at the moment. Somebody told me about Pro Pinball Ultra. Ok, I bought the Beta for 14 bucks (€) to support them. But this is only one tiny table. And the difference of the improved physics is tough to detect for me. I´m eager to play the final release. Virtual pinball? I don`t know. Haven`t installed it atm.

This is an answer to HOtHamBoy

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts