Which ball?

Iguana

Jul 28, 2013
Yeah, I'm a smiley face or zebra guy myself. A couple exceptions are Big Shot (eightball fits the theme, and there's enough contrast to keep the ball in sight), and Centaur (the neon green ball stands out well on the table's dark playfield... visually stunning, IMO).

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
... Centaur (the neon green ball stands out well on the table's dark playfield... visually stunning, IMO).

I stick with the smiley face. Cracks me up seeing that dark themed table with a yellow smiley face loaded up in the chamber.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
I'm still not getting why y'all think smiley face is so much better. Not to be racist or anything, but you play black hole with a white ball to get the contrast. No one needs those yellows. And I'm not saying Asian people.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
We are talking about white balls, black balls, yellow balls. It's not about race. But don't you hate when you get blue balls?

Cargawar, this is drunk Extork. Ice to meet you. I'm pretty harmless though,. Especially when it comes to balls. I know my balls

Last edited:

Morg

Apr 3, 2014
I guess I must be the weird one since I only ever use the silver ball. I'd change it for some tables but if you ever use any other ball on the PS3 it still renders the silver ball virtually invisible, so I leave it alone. It is tough to see on some tables, especially White Water because that table is so dark you can't see anything anyway. Not that being able to see would make any difference there.

Maybe I should switch to not ever using the silver ball on any table and that would sort of solve the problem. Okay, I could probably still use it on Black Hole since that table is brighter than a floodlight ever since the "megapatch" "fixed" things. I always used to use the zebra ball there when it used to be dark like the videos I've seen of the real one but after they brightened the table it was like batting a lightbulb around.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
If there's one thing i hate in life, it's invisible balls

It would be. Ice to see what I'm whacking at

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
for some reason i almost never use custom ball i get it helps with visual clarity but they were a rare treat in irl i think using them digitally kinda cheapens my rose coloured memories...like an 8ball with an 8ball...

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I'm still not getting why y'all think smiley face is so much better.

It's not just the contrast. When the ball moves fast, I can see its' movement better. I can pick out the yellow better during its' "persistence of vision" phase.

Edit: Now that I think about it. Is what I just said an illusion, since there is no actual moving object? It's just pictures simulating movement. Therefore, have all I have believed in until this day been false? Whoa!

Last edited:

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
It's not just the contrast. When the ball moves fast, I can see its' movement better. I can pick out the yellow better during its' "persistence of vision" phase.
QUOTE]
this about sums it up for me, love that smiley face ball. my scores are much better with it.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013

Edit: Now that I think about it. Is what I just said an illusion, since there is no actual moving object? It's just pictures simulating movement. Therefore, have all I have believed in until this day been false? Whoa!

Ok, I'm starting to warm up yo the smiley face.

Also, how do you know that we are even real moving objects? We could all just be part of a turtle's dream. Are we here?

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Duuuuuuuuude.

But was that even you saying duuuuuuuuude? Or was it your other self from another time and space just channeling through you? It's like the movie inception crapped out a bunch of baby inceptions

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.