Which of the TPA pins have you played the actual physical table?

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
I've only played five IRL (unless I've forgotten an isolated play.)

Theatre of Magic
Funhouse
Gorgar
Twilight Zone
Firepower

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
I've only played five IRL (unless I've forgotten an isolated play.)

Theatre of Magic
Funhouse
Gorgar
Twilight Zone
Firepower

In some ways that makes me sad (I've played them all in real life except for Genie) but on other ways its good that you have now discovered this art form this sport this skill set that otherwise would have passed you by.

Bring on more digitised pinball! It can only wake the masses and make them want the real thing again. As can only be inevitable. Pinball is quiescent for purely financial reasons but it never went away in the consciousness of the masses

evy8uhy3.jpg

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
I think these are the ones I haven't played: Black Hole, Ripley's, Harley-Davidson, Taxi, Scared Stiff, Big Shot, Attack from Mars, Cactus Canyon, Central Park, Centaur, and Champion Pub.

And today I played a few games of Harley-Davidson (not a great table, but my kid likes it), and suspect that I actually had played it before as well. So strike that from the list...

Andassaran

Sep 6, 2012
Tables I've played in real life are emboldened.

Black Hole
Theatre of Magic
Tales of the Arabian Knights
Ripley's Believe It or Not!
Bride of Pin*Bot
Medieval Madness
Cirqus Voltaire
Funhouse
Gorgar
Monster Bash
Black Knight
Creature from the Black Lagoon
Harley-Davidson: 3rd Edition
Taxi
Elvira and the Party Monsters
No Good Gofers
Scared Stiff
Big Shot
Twilight Zone
Star Trek:The Next Generation
Attack From Mars
Genie
Dr.Dude
Firepower
Cactus Canyon
Central Park
Space Shuttle
White Water
Centaur
Pin*Bot
Champion Pub
Whirlwind

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
In some ways that makes me sad (I've played them all in real life except for Genie) but on other ways its good that you have now discovered this art form this sport this skill set that otherwise would have passed you by. ...

I've been playing pinball for decades. I've played many tables over the years. The vast majority haven't made it to TPA, and most of them never will. Some of the newer tables that I've played will also never make it to TPA, due to licensing issues. Visual/Future Pinball help.

Pinball just isn't available in many areas. I drifted away during the DMD era, as arcades vanished, went mostly/all video game and travel became a required element of play. My most recent pinball trip was just 30 miles from my home, but I'm not one to do that on a regular basis. I also rarely seek out lone tables. I prefer to have at least a half dozen tables to choose from when I play.

nstalkie

Jun 30, 2013
I basically only bought tables that I have played in real life (except for the base game). I was addicted to pinball machines back in the day and was pretty good at them if I may say so myself :)

Twilight Zone
My favourite pinball machine of all time and THE reason why I bought Pinball Arcade. Also the table I play the most. I'm currently in the top 100 in the leaderboards for this one (on PS3, I don't know if the leaderboards are shared). I held the top scores in all the places where they had this around my area too ;)

Black Knight
I seem to recall playing this at someone's place (friend of a friend ? I really can't remember, it's so long ago). I'm not 100% sure if it was this pinball, but 99% sure. I wasn't too fond of it actually. I wouldn't have bought it, but it was included in another pack I bought. I only realised I may have played it after buying it.

Attack From Mars

For me, to become the best pinball game ever, it needs 3 more tables: Addams Family, Indiana Jones and Jurassic Park. These were my 3 favourite pinballs apart from Twilight Zone, which is my number 1.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
might have played a couple of machines as a child - but can't remember what they were. Played a lot of PinballFantasies on the Amiga and Devil Crash on pcEngine. Only got into Pinball properly as a result of TPA on the Xbox. Since then I've been to the Pinball Play Expo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-2jkPyHrL8) in the UK and a local league. Played the following tables real time.

Champion Pub
Indian Jones
Indy 500
Road Show
Bansai Run
Soccer World Cup
Lethal Weapon
AFM
Demolition Man
Bride of Pinbot
Haunted House
Fish Tales
Monster Bash
STTNG
Theatre of Magic
FunHouse
Black Knight
Taxi
No Good Gofers
Party Zone
Twilight Zone
Dracula
Adams Family

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Most of the ones listed played over two decades ago when arcades were prevalent. And some of these just within the last few months.

Black Hole
Bride of Pin*Bot
Medieval Madness
Funhouse
Gorgar
Black Knight
Scared Stiff
Firepower
Cactus Canyon (Continued version)
Central Park (and Hurdy Gurdy)
Space Shuttle
Pin*Bot

And if T2 makes the goal can add that to the list.

nstalkie

Jun 30, 2013
You can add White Water to the list of pinballs I played in real life. I just saw some gameplay of it and do seem to remember playing it (my memory is really bad though :))

I can see White Water on the leaderboards, but don't see it in the EU PSN store yet. (Also: my option for Season 2 tables seems to ALWAYS be grayed out).

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Black Hole
Theatre of Magic
Bride of Pin*Bot
Medieval Madness
Cirqus Voltaire
Funhouse

Gorgar
Monster Bash
Black Knight

Taxi
No Good Gofers
Scared Stiff

Big Shot
Twilight Zone
Attack From Mars

Genie
Dr.Dude
Firepower
Cactus Canyon

Central Park
Space Shuttle
White Water
Centaur
Pin*Bot

Champion Pub
Whirlwind

I don't believe I've played BH or CP, but I might have. Anything else I didn't embolden, I know for sure I haven't.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
Black Hole
Theatre of Magic
Bride of Pin*Bot
Medieval Madness
Cirqus Voltaire
Funhouse
Gorgar
Monster Bash
Black Knight
Taxi
No Good Gofers
Scared Stiff
Big Shot
Twilight Zone
Attack From Mars
Genie
Dr.Dude
Firepower
Cactus Canyon
Central Park
Space Shuttle
White Water
Centaur
Pin*Bot
Champion Pub
Whirlwind

Hopefully be the end of summer I will have played - MM-MB-RBioN-BoP. All those machines are here in Portland, just haven't gone out to play them. I would hope sometime in the near future there would be a Centaur machine here in Portland. Also there are two CC's in Seattle and I plan to get up there to see friends and to play CC.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Not too many here... MM I played it when it was new back in 1997. But earlier this year I found CFTBL.

Everything else is new to me, or from what I've heard.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Played a lot: Monster Bash, Medieval Madness, Monopoly (the arcade room was near my university :p)

Others tables played: Apollo 13 (in the same arcade room, but I didn't like the table), Pin*Bot (one time in a funfair), ToTan (dozen times during a trip) and World Cup 94 (two or three times during a trip too), and Lord of The Rings (only one time in a movie theater).

Last edited:

shimoda

Mar 14, 2013
Pinbot-once
BOP - cause I just bought it.
TZ couple times
AFM one of my favorites - again only couple of times
None of the rest though a BK might be joining my tiny collection soon.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
FH
DD
STTNG
TZ

(TAF, T2)

I've played enough pinball IRL to appreciate just how much programming skill has gone into TPA to replicate the quirks of all the tables. I've seen TPA's replica of tables I've played drain in exactly the same way I've drained IRL hundreds of times.

Without having played IRL, I doubt I'd appreciate how different TPA is compared to other arcade-like pinball games.

bluenose79

Mar 1, 2013
I live close to Blackpool in the Uk which is a sea resort, use to have hundreds of machines in these arcades. Be good if they got the new Wizard of Oz machine

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
All but central parc. I think i have seen it in real. Not interested, nothing changed.

I think from 1974 to now i only have not played the last few pins made of the big companies.

Only a very few i missed i think.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Those were the ones I've played.

Bride of Pin*Bot
Medieval Madness
Funhouse
Taxi
Scared Stiff
Centaur
Pin*Bot
Champion Pub
Whirlwind

The one I probably played most out of them was Taxi. At least it's the one I remember best.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts