Which "special" balls disable goals?

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015
I was playing Doctor Who tonight with the TAF "lightning" ball - I pick special balls sometimes for table contrast and it stood out nicely against the predominantly yellow/orange playfield - and then I remembered reading somewhere that because it alters table rules in some way, using it will disable goal progress (and leaderboards, but hell would freeze over before I got on a leaderboard so I don't care).

I tried searching the forums and couldn't find a list. Can someone tell me which are the balls that disable goals, and what special things they're supposed to do? I know the TAF golf ball is one but I don't know why, and I think I use it in No Good Gofers (because, golf, see). OTOH I already had every goal in NGG before I started using it so if it disabled goals I wouldn't have noticed.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
good question ive no clue about ball skins either, i tend to stick to standard but on some tables its just easier to see other skins, id no idea hs was disabled with some either

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
All of the TAF-related balls, because they have a bunch of special effects. This includes the golf ball (it has a different weight to it), the Uncle Fester Ball, the Lightning Ball (magnets don't work with it), the Thing ball (you can control it), Cousin Itt ball, and the Hurricane Irene ball (I think, not sure).

Speaking of of balls, are we still the getting Doctor Who-related ones? I want a Dalek ball!

Last edited:

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015
All of the TAF-related balls, because they have a bunch of special effects. This includes the golf ball (it has a different weight to it), the Uncle Fester Ball, the Lightning Ball (magnets don't work with it), the Thing ball, Cousin Itt ball, and the Hurricane Irene ball (I think, not sure).

Any others you know of that aren't the TAF specials?

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
Those are the only ones, as far as I'm concerned. The other special balls don't do anything, my favorite's the 8-ball cueball.

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
The Fester ball and Cousin Itt balls do not disable goals. Only the balls that have special effects do.

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
That's cool to know. Those two balls kinda creep me out though, so I never really used 'em. Creepy and kooky, that was the point I guess.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
I think the lightning ball doesn't prevent from achieving goals or leader board entries on tables other than TAF. I might be wrong, but I think its effect only works on TAF. Not sure if FS ever confirmed the balls, but it would be certainly good if they did.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts