Who is FarSight's Pinball Wizard?

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
Two part question for y'all in Big Bear Lake:

1 - I know you all work 20 hours a day making these great tables that we fan(atic)s love to buy, play, speculate about, and complain about, but that leaves four hours a day to actually play pinball, right? So who is the guy that plays the hell out of your real pinball machines, getting to all the wizard modes, making all the tough shots, and getting the best "feel" for the game? (And please don't say that you document a machine's behavior solely by taking the glass off and tripping switches manually! :^O )

2 - Same question as above, but for the TPA table that emerges from #1. I know you've got software tools (I remember reading here about a "cannon" something-or-other that you use for collision testing et. al.), but I bet one or more of you enjoy wailing on the TPA table in order to get the high score instead of just testing.

Is it Mike, Ryan, Stuart, Zach, Steve, Frank, or Rosa? (Forgive me if I left your name off of this list - I'm going from a faulty memory here...) My money is on Jay - I bet he wipes the floor with the rest of you. ;)

karl

May 10, 2012
I have a feeling that Bobby is not to shabby on a real machine. And, after all he is responsible for all of us being here ;-). I think I read somewhere that Jay was more of a flip both flippers at the same time and see what happens kinda guy (ok, maybe a small exaggeration. Sorry, Jay)

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
On the real machines, my money is on either Norm, because he's a pinball addict, or the guy who writes the rule sheets as he spends countless hours on the real thing learning all it's hidden scoring secrets. He might do it with the glass off, but knowing how to score efficiently goes a long way.

Zach

FarSight Employee
Feb 22, 2013
the guy who writes the rule sheets as he spends countless hours on the real thing learning all it's hidden scoring secrets. He might do it with the glass off, but knowing how to score efficiently goes a long way.

Spot on. He's also good at playing the game, period.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.