Request Why do different devices get different updates?

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
I updated 2 different devices today, both had been powered off since before the update on the 8th, and each received a different number of updated tables.

All done through Manage Tables:
My Nexus 5 got 3 updates through Update All, and one, well 2 technically due to the "TX Sector downloaded" message bug, through Download Owned. The latter was Big Hurt.
My Shield Tablet got one, and only one, through Update All, and that was Big Hurt.

Now I find it odd, and strange, that both got a different number of updates, but that both also got the updates through different parts of Manage Tables. I have updated both devices at each release prior to this, so it's not like the Nexus 5 didn't previously have Big Hurt on it for it to have to download it for the first time; which could have theoretically explained why it was downloaded via Download Owned.

This isn't the first time I have seen different devices get different updates. Is there some reason that these devices, that run TPA using the same graphics settings, might get different REZ files?

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Because manage tables has been buggy since release.

Res files ship with both normal and high assets baked in. The switch determines what assets are loaded in-game.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Yeah, that's not an answer.

This problem has existed prior to the new UI
It is. In less technical terms, the 'update owned tables' feature has been a bit broken since its first addition.

On both my Shield K1, and Note4 for every time I press 'download owned' it says 'tx sector downloaded'. The last release caused me to have to download 64 tables (or whatever the max no is now) on both device's when I pressed 'update owned' yet I don't think anyone else had to, reading posts here.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.