Why do people like Indy Jones (WMS version)

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I know this is such a popular table that the question sounds crazy but I feel like I am a practice in insanity; I play it over and over hoping to like it but don't. Aside from the theme I just can't get into the table. Maybe I am missing something but why do all of the people out there who are fans dig this table?

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
Being a fan of the movie helps for sure. Cool toys, great sound, mini games and Professor Jones make it an all-timer for me.

1000th post!

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Being a fan of the movie helps for sure. Cool toys, great sound, mini games and Professor Jones make it an all-timer for me.

Yeah I like it for the same reasons. Maybe my favorite sound package. The only thing that bugs me is that sometimes it feels a bit cramped. A lot of the stuff just feels too close. But I'm being a bit nit-picky with that.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012

1000th post!

I am a HUGE fan of the movies but still hate the table. The sounds and dmd visuals seem to be good as well but I can't deal with the layout. I think it is horrible.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012

1000th post!

Now you can never post again, for fear of altering that number

I am a HUGE fan of the movies but still hate the table. The sounds and dmd visuals seem to be good as well but I can't deal with the layout. I think it is horrible.

The production value on the table is cool.

I find it to be rather cramped as well. But there is a lot to do.
I am actually rather lukewarm to it. I'll play if it's there, but if it's next to say...well nearly lots of anything that doesn't suck...I'll play the other machines

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I played this one during college, really often in VP and a couple of times now recently at a gameroom. For me the well of souls multiball was my first real OMG moment in pinball, I didn't see it coming and it blew me away. So my fondness for this table is also a bit nostalgic. When I played it recently, it had lost some of it's appeal but that was to be expected with my high expectations. What I still liked is the flow on the table, especially from the ramps and orbits. I like how the modes tie together the movies. There is some great music and speech. The tilting Path of Adventure was still fun to steer with the flippers. I love the little details like the "narrow escape", the "you cheat doctor Jones" shot to the lock area and the fun video modes. It can be a bit of a mess ROM-wise, it's known for being a bit buggy at times. I can understand the cramped feeling a bit, a lot of real estate on the table is hidden. But because it's a widebody, this isn't as bad as could be. There are a lot of different shot options from both flippers. Tastes differ etc., but the fact is also that this table has a firm place in a lot of top 10 lists on different sites. There are a lot of fans.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Played it when it was new on location. Deep modes. Great multiball. Great sound package. Path of adventure. Superpin. What's not to love?

stevevt

Mar 31, 2012
Played it when it was new on location. Deep modes. Great multiball. Great sound package. Path of adventure. Superpin. What's not to love?

The mode start bounce out?

Path of Adventure being useless?

Too many video modes?

Ramps being useless 95% of the time?

No skill shot?

The stupid prices it sells for?

That all being said, the theme, art, and music are nice, and the idol ball lock is cool.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
The mode start bounce out?

Easily fixable with some foam core tape.

Path of Adventure being useless?

You don't like earning extra balls?

Too many video modes?

They're all great though, and relevant to the game theme.

Ramps being useless 95% of the time?

Big points to be had if you shoot them. Path of adventure. Jackpot. That's not 5% useful most of the time in my opinion.

No skill shot?

The stupid prices it sells for?

No skill shot is indeed strange. And the prices are high, agreed.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Great features, lots of features, stacking modes with multiball, fun and awarding multiball jackpot and multiplied jackpots, different strategies for different shots at different times, backhand from cradle to mode start (I'm a sucker for those backhand from trapped ball for some reason), the narrow escape nudge in right outlane, mega end of ball points (don't tilt!!!), the lock shot, the right flipper being fed with balls and the satisfaction of shooting those fed shots straight to mode or ramp or lock, changes in pace...I could go on and on beyond the obvious music, voices sound effects and cool toys.
Do agree it's missing a skill shot.

Last edited:

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
There is no real skill shot, but there's an extra ball lurking in progressing the rollover bonus multiplier, besides you know, the bonus multiplier itself....:)

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
The first time I played Indy IRL, I loved it. So many modes to play, and Multiballs to play (along with the Path of Adventure). I wish this would come over to TPA.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts