Why don't players like Gorgar?

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Roll on all the above tables, i really can say why considering im of the nintendo genration but i get more of a thrill from highscoring on older tables rather than the silly(and sometimes blindly random flukes) scores of newer tables.

If you score in say bh or gorgar you got some skill, in tom sometimes even a total noivce like me can post decent scores, so far gorgars slapping me...that heart beat doesnt help....heh

Stormchild

Jun 24, 2012
Gorgar isn't as flashy as the newer tables, but if you take the time to learn the rules and figure out what shots you need to make, it gets a lot more interesting. The theme is kind of boring (to me, at least), but from a pure challenge-and-strategy point of view, it's actually pretty good.

Stormchild

Jun 24, 2012
If you score in say bh or gorgar you got some skill, in tom sometimes even a total noivce like me can post decent scores, so far gorgars slapping me...that heart beat doesnt help....heh

That's exactly right. The older tables tend to be more of a test of pure skill, with fewer gimmicks and much less forgiving layouts and rules. Black Hole and Gorgar are much harder to master than most of the other tables in the collection so far.

IdontHave50cents

Mar 10, 2012
When you spin a Beatles records backwards you hear satan's voice. Or do you 'think' you hear it? People seem to have a very primitive opinion about the looks of evil. I bet Ted Bundy had a very friendly face.. it must be otherwise he would have been a very unsuccessful killer.
The image of 'Satan' is created by humans, just as the image of Christ is created by humans. No one will ever know how Jesus looked like, yet every church seems to have an opinion about that.
To think that evil looks like a red guy with horns and sharp teeth is truly an illusion that only lives in the human brain. In the middle ages images of good and evil where used by the Church to scare people and gain control. I doubt if this point of view has changed during time. The same symbols are used today by these holy institutions. We will become like Gorgar when we play with Gorgar! You should think twice before you start to believe in the good or bad of such fabricated images. Jesus on a crucifix or a scary devil are just artists impressions. Gorgar is as good or evil as you want to see it.

Like I said, I know some of you won't relate... but for those that do its the same feeling I get when I listen to Highway To Hell, Hell's Bells (or many AC/DC) songs I really dig. Whatever that little voice is, it keeps me out of trouble. I still play Gorgar and listen to AC/DC, I just have my spiritual guard up while I'm doing it. And I'm not judging anyone.... Thank you. :)

Wizened

Jun 10, 2012
I hated Gorgar in RL, but the more I play this (CAM4, Portrait, Scrolling) on my iPad the more I'm loving it. Challenging, but as said above, when you learn the rules and shots its thoroughly enjoyable.
I'm appreciating it as the transition from EM to SS. First "talking" pin as I recall.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Top score is 283 BILLION....*weeps*

Is that even possible ...the mind boggles ffs

If thats the case i can only play for fun ....

I believe its a member of farsight so i pray its just some app work being done...

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Top score is 283 BILLION....*weeps*

Is that even possible ...the mind boggles ffs

If thats the case i can only play for fun ....

I believe its a member of farsight so i pray its just some app work being done...

Actually, there was a bug where the MB scores were showing up in the Gorgar boards, so no, don't weep.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Actually, there was a bug where the MB scores were showing up in the Gorgar boards, so no, don't weep.

Is or was....it was abit of a shock to see it considering the closest is 2 or so million, does make more sense but its the only one no other insane scores so if it has been fixed?

Working on the 1234 special anyway that table needs tilt off on ios lol

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
In the last update, the scores on my Gorgar boards were removed. But that included the actual scores I made. I'm ok with it though as long as the top score was no longer in the freakin' billions.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
I recall racking up some implausible scores on Jive Time in PHoF because the ball got jammed in an infinite loop where it was hitting a scoring target many times a second. But I doubt that could happen on Gorgar...

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Hee hee. I had a ball get wedged into one of the targets in Jive Time in PHOF. After my score racked up to a million, I called the attendant, let the balls drain until game over so I would be sure the score would save. Never played it again.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I broke the 500,000 mark last week, but annoyingly one of my Facebook friends is over 900K and I simply must beat him! I do like that visibility of friend scores as a push to do better. Can't wait for the Gamecenter update - in fact the promise of Gamecenter support in the Pinball Arcade is the only reason I started using it again!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.