Why I stopped buying tables

Patrick

May 21, 2012
Hi guys.

Sorry for the title but unfortunately It is true.
I have been a big supporter of TPA since the first day, given many money for each Kickstarter , but today I dont play anymore. I did not buy any of the season 5 table
I think It is mainly because tables dont evolve graphically.
Tables are released one by one but I dont feel real changes between them. I dont find the differente "atmosphere" they should propose.
Yeah, graphics are probably the reason because I find this atmosphere on PC version.
I am clearly aware that an iPad cant handle dx11, but some other realtime calculated pinballs on iOS have really better flashing. I am sure graphics could be done better In some ways, like adding false shadows on some parts. I can wait 2 months between tables if It is a time question.
In fact my main complain is that I think The pinball arcade doesn't use power of recent devices. Last ipads are 200 times more powerful that the firsts and I dont feel any improvement on this. Even if fake effects, switching off room light, adding glass reflections, better flashing, etc are probably something possible.
I understand that developpers want a game usable for maximum poeple, but It could be options, like many other games which propose more options for last devices.
In other words : please, propose an evolution of the game to match what technology proposes today.
I still really appreciate your work, but I cant force myself to play on iOS for the moment. I need more...

Thanks for reading :)

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
Direct X is a proprietry component of Windows.

Also, while I'm sure you could wait two months, FS can't. No revenue, no table development.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I can agree with the op to a certain extent. I mainly play on my PS4 and will get the season pass. The tables, typically, look great and play well on there...and I can nudge easily. It's a crap shoot on ios for me. If it's a fun table that I know I'll put some time into, I'll bite. Unfortunately, I too, lament the graphical look of tables (playing on an ipad mini retina) and, recently, very few of the releases excited me enough that I needed them as soon as possible. I can wait for the PS4 version. Maybe that will change with the new Stern Pinball app (though I REALLY pray they'll make a console version) simply because all of their newer games are just out of my price range IRL and I don't have any local places to play pinball on a regular basis that I could put quarters in to.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts