Why is the needle sterilized for lethal injections ?

workshed

Feb 26, 2015
I would imagine either to mitigate the risk if the person performing the injection accidentally gets stuck, or to make sure there is no infection in the case of a last minute reprieve. Both are probably somewhat unlikely scenarios, but why risk it when there is no downside?

edit: I found this link from The Straight Dope about this question: http://www.straightdope.com/columns...thal-injection-do-they-swab-off-the-arm-first

Last edited:

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
I'm honored your 4th post was to answer that stupid question.
Good job workshed. :)
You brilliantly passed the test.
So ? What is the bug you want to report about the game ? ;)

Last edited:

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
Wasn't so stupid.
Thanx for the link.
Even if "it allows the executioners to think of themselves as professionals doing a job rather than killers".

Last edited:

workshed

Feb 26, 2015
I'm honored your 4th post was to answer that stupid question.
Good job workshed. :)
You brilliantly passed the test.
So ? What is the bug you want to report about the game ?

Not sure if I'm getting ribbed by Dedpop, or just trolled. I guess I'll take it either way. :p

Wasn't so stupid.
Thanx for the link.
Even if "it allows the executioners to think of themselves as professionals doing a job rather than killers".

Yeah, the irony irks me as well. We don't do that in NJ anymore. Regardless it's back to Firepower, the true killer. Dunno why I chose it for my game of the night, but I did, and it hurts so good. :)

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
You're not trolled. Be sure of that.
You fight with Firepower while I'm struggling to stay in the silver tournament on PSN.
I don't want to win. I just don't want to lose. ;)

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
edit: Dedpop, I didn't finish my reply before you posted. I am firmly against the death penalty, and didn't mean to imply otherwise. I also didn't really mean to get in any kind of political discussion at all.

OK, sorry for any accusations. Friends?

Don't worry. All is ok. Friends of course.
Once more : welcome to the fold.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts