Why is the PC version Inferior to PS4?

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Actually, HDMI spec 1.4b was what supported 1080p/60 3d. Before that the spec did limit 3d to 24 and 30 frames at 1080p. You can easily do a spec search to verify this.

Guess the Oculus Rift is the way to go then if you want 1080p and 60fps not to mention head tracking, you can really line up that shot on Terminator 2 to take down the HK for multiball mode.......just like in real life. Imagine having a virtual arcade to walk around with all the pins and just walking up to one to start playing it, come on FarSight you have to make this happen!

Kampfhendl

Nov 23, 2013
I wasn't joking ... or don't you trust Farsight? :) Welcome to the forum.

Well I'm not sure because Farsight has said a long time ago, the DX 11 is coming, and until now it has still nothing done, and the excuse that they only have a programmer, I do not let apply, then they should just a few set. But rather make them even a few other tables for this Crappy Mobile Phones

Last edited:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Naja ich bin mir nicht mehr sicher, weil Farsight ja schon vor langer Zeit versprochen hat, das DX 11 kommt, und bis jetzt hat sich noch nix getan, und die Ausrede, das sie nur einen Programmierer haben lass ich nicht gelten, dann sollen sie halt noch ein paar einstellen. Aber lieber machen sie noch eine paar andere Tables für diese Beschissene Iphone!
Die meisten unserer Mitglieder sind nicht Deutsch lesen. Könnten Sie dies bitte posten wieder auf Englisch? Vielen Dank.

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
Guess the Oculus Rift is the way to go then if you want 1080p and 60fps not to mention head tracking, you can really line up that shot on Terminator 2 to take down the HK for multiball mode.......just like in real life. Imagine having a virtual arcade to walk around with all the pins and just walking up to one to start playing it, come on FarSight you have to make this happen!

Oculous Rift is not 1080p per eye either, the pixelisation should actually look WORSE than 720p because its zoomed right in to cover your entire peripheral vision. They have openly admitted that for seamless VR we are going to need 8K+ before the pixelisation goes away.

What they are counting on is that the head tracking and filling your peripheral vision will make up for the resolution loss.

That audioholics link is interesting, its the first time I have seen it suggested that HDMI 1.4b DOES support 1080p 3D at 120Hz. Even my TV manual was confusing about that but its good news as it probably means my TV CAN already support it after all. Its confusing as most places say 1080p @ 60Hz without being clear if that is per eye or not.

Last edited:

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Oculous Rift is not 1080p per eye either, the pixelisation should actually look WORSE than 720p because its zoomed right in to cover your entire peripheral vision. They have openly admitted that for seamless VR we are going to need 8K+ before the pixelisation goes away.

What they are counting on is that the head tracking and filling your peripheral vision will make up for the resolution loss.

That audioholics link is interesting, its the first time I have seen it suggested that HDMI 1.4b DOES support 1080p 3D at 120Hz. Even my TV manual was confusing about that but its good news as it probably means my TV CAN already support it after all. Its confusing as most places say 1080p @ 60Hz without being clear if that is per eye or not.

8K per eye?

How come when I put my iPhone screen right up to my eyeball searing it and melting my brain with radiation that there is little to no pixelation at all? That's, what, a 720P or so screen? 8K, come on.

LeRoy3rd

May 18, 2013
The problem is, the oculus rift uses lenses to magnify the screen to increase the immersion. I disagree about 8k per eye, in several interviews they've said that on a 1440p screen the pixels are barely noticeable, and at 4k (screen, not per eye) they disappear completely. Even the oculus simulator, while not scientific or hands-on proof, backs this up.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I was told that the PS4 has superior physics. I can't say because I've never played the PC version, but it definitely feels improved over the old 360 version.

Once the DX11 lighting is in place, the versions will look identical, and PC will no longer be "inferior".

BTW what's with all this inferior/superior crap? The game is great on every platform it's released on. Okay maybe not Ouya.

PC has all the tables, and is the (currently) 2nd best looking version. So why complain? Soon it'll look the same and you'll still have all the tables first. Seems silly to be upset as a PC user.

LMA

Jun 14, 2013
The graphics have improved on PC a lot since Christmas higher texture resolutions and better lighting, rendering . Junk yard graphics are flawless the shaders look DX 9 instead of DX 7. This has made waiting for DX11 easier. Thanks Mike & Farsight.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts