Why Isn't Farsight Giving Us System 11s Over Premiere?

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
That last System 11s we got were F-14 in Season 5 and Cyclone of Season 4, both last year.

Meanwhile, Bonebusters makes the 4th crappy Premiere this year.

Farsight, you do realize that the System 11 games are really cool, right? Most of them have no license!

Swords of Fury
Big Guns
Jokerz!
Game Show
Fire!
Transporter
Space Station
Radical
Mousin Around
Banzai Run
Grand Lizard
Road Kings
Rollergames!!!

Give me any of these games. Seriously. It is a waste of resources to do Frank Thomas or Bonebusters. Even the mediocre System 11 games are more interesting because there are who people actually like them.

Sorry. Frustrated. It's more than likely we will only get a couple more of these Sys11 games before TPA is finished and it's irritating whenever a Premiere claims another precious spot.

Last edited:

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Post of their facebook page, i dont think most of TPA staff pay any attention to this forum!.....they cant do right otherwise they would have gone for Bone Busters!!?

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I wonder if they're very limited with the amount of Bally/Williams games they can afford to do because the license cost probably went up if they re-negotiated with WMS.

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
I bet they could afford more Ballyams tables if they dropped support for Gottlieb altogether. It's not like people would miss them (but sadly we know it won't happen).

And yet another month without Banzai Run. Or Swords of Fury. Or any of those great tables mentioned above, I'll take anything.

Last edited:

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
That last System 11s we got were F-14 in Season 5 and Cyclone of Season 4, both last year.

Farsight, you do realize that the System 11 games are really cool, right? Most of them have no license!

Swords of Fury
Big Guns
Jokerz!
Game Show
Fire!
Transporter
Space Station
Radical
Mousin Around
Banzai Run
Grand Lizard
Road Kings
Rollergames!!!

Give me any of these games. Seriously. It is a waste of resources to do Frank Thomas or Bonebusters. Even the mediocre System 11 games are more interesting because there are who people actually like them.

Sorry. Frustrated. It's more than likely we will only get a couple more of these Sys11 games before TPA is finished and it's irritating whenever a Premiere claims another precious spot.

I don't understand either, that list has a great number of fun tables and yet FS keeps going with Premiere tables.
Even if FS didn't do anymore Sys11 games I'd be happy with Mystery Castle over Premiere tables.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
Post of their facebook page, i dont think most of TPA staff pay any attention to this forum!.....they cant do right otherwise they would have gone for Bone Busters!!?

Alas, I deleted my Facebook and Twitter accounts and refuse to use Facebook anymore.

You would think Farsight employees would read the only forum dedicated to their product.

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
Alas, I deleted my Facebook and Twitter accounts and refuse to use Facebook anymore.

You would think Farsight employees would read the only forum dedicated to their product.

I left them a message on FB. Asked them if the licenses for Sys 11 tables are more than gottlieb's licenses.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
My guess is that they only have so many Bally/Williams slots based on their contracts. Let's not forget that they said no more Stern on TPA. Those go on Stern Pinball Arcade from from now on. Not that we had that many of them, but those are more slots that need to be filled. Can't be all Bally/Williams, so those open slots go to Premier/Gottlieb. Maybe some Capcom will come to the rescue, but not next month.

BStarfire

Jan 9, 2013
With the need to fill out tables with some Gottliebs and the hint of future em's in the twitchstream I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some 70's Gottliebs and Ace High thrown in.

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
My guess is that they only have so many Bally/Williams slots based on their contracts. Let's not forget that they said no more Stern on TPA. Those go on Stern Pinball Arcade from from now on. Not that we had that many of them, but those are more slots that need to be filled. Can't be all Bally/Williams, so those open slots go to Premier/Gottlieb. Maybe some Capcom will come to the rescue, but not next month.

Hopefully FS can renew those contracts if they expired with Bally/Williams. Still a lot of tables from those companies that can be added to TPA.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012

Swords of Fury
Big Guns
Jokerz!
Game Show
Fire!
Transporter
Space Station
Radical
Mousin Around
Banzai Run
Grand Lizard
Road Kings
Rollergames!!!

Actually, Big Hurt turned out to be decent. El Dorado EM surprised me too. But you're right on the money with the rest of them. Especially the next one!

I think WMS still has the agreement with FS-while DW was negotiated a long time ago, EBD was the last table pack before it. If FS still has an active agreement to bring some System 11 tables and Capcom is on board, we can easily get another great season of TPA. Oh well, there's always GamePlan.

But if we are confined to Premier tables, I still would rather get SnS, Cactus Jack's, and Gladiators than what we've been subjected to lately. I'd be more optimistic about supporting TPA though if some of the games on your list were in the cards.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
I actually do like Gladiators. That might be one case where I wouldn't be upset if they announced it as a table.

Stargate is fine, Freddy is fine, Street Fighter 2 kind of sucks but I like SF enough to be okay with it. Those are all licensed properties, though.

I really don't want anymore Premieres, though, tbh.

Actually, if they promised that at least four or five more System 11 games were going to make it then I wouldn't be nearly as irritated about getting Premieres, too. It's knowing that there can only be so many tables in the future, and less worthy games are making it over true classics and cooler ideas, that disturbs me.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
farsight, you do realize that the system 11 games are really cool, right? Most of them have no license!

Swords of fury
big guns
jokerz!
Game show
fire!
Transporter
space station
radical
mousin around
banzai run
grand lizard
road kings
rollergames!!!

Give me any of these games. Seriously.

this.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I think it comes down to this: would you rather have one great season (6) of TPA with all Williams/Bally/Capcom before Farsight discontinues making new tables or would you rather have a season 6 and 7 with a lot of Mediocre Gottliebs sprinkled in?

I think the issue is that Farsight is running out of WMS tables that they can do and the sales of the more recent seasons aren't really justifying spending more money to make another deal to do more.

BStarfire

Jan 9, 2013
A couple of system 11's and a couple Gottlieb EM's per season I'll happily buy season passes for a few seasons and still hope for some gems in the other tables.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
I think it comes down to this: would you rather have one great season (6) of TPA with all Williams/Bally/Capcom before Farsight discontinues making new tables or would you rather have a season 6 and 7 with a lot of Mediocre Gottliebs sprinkled in?

I think the issue is that Farsight is running out of WMS tables that they can do and the sales of the more recent seasons aren't really justifying spending more money to make another deal to do more.

If they put more effort into fixing up the software on all of the platforms they've spread themselves across and were more timely with console updates then they might find their sales pick up.

I'm glad I don't play TPA on consoles...

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
No doubt the System 11's are cool, but there are a finite number of them (however numerous they are), and we don't want FS to burn through them. There are many good EM and SS tables to digitize. Plus there's the matter of finding that table to develop into the game.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
No doubt the System 11's are cool, but there are a finite number of them (however numerous they are), and we don't want FS to burn through them. There are many good EM and SS tables to digitize. Plus there's the matter of finding that table to develop into the game.

Gorgar raised a very good point about sales figures and how they are key to negotiating licenses. And you've mentioned finding the table-true, but there's the cost of the table as well as finding the parts. That can be very costly-and sales do have to justify this work.

I remember early in TPA's days that FarSight spent $10K for a TZ machine.

Hope they didn't spend that much on Bone Busters LOL.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
But any table they buy can be resold for roughly same price, more if they improve it.

Let them burn through System 11s. That would be my dream season. Most of them run about $1k-3k. That's not bad at all. Either the real issue is the WMS licensing or FS employees have bad taste...

BStarfire

Jan 9, 2013
It's easy...next four seasons...

Three Williams System 11's, or 2+ classic Bally
Three Gottlieb EM's
Three DMD's
One kickstarter table

They could just kick-start the whole season...three Sys11 and three GTB EM's and I'd kick in $100 no matter what the other tables are, expecting hit or miss on the DMD's and hopefully a good licensed one.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts