Why not any two tables ?

sixmillion

Aug 9, 2012
So FS wants the tables bought in 2 packs instead of single purchases, well what about an option to buy any two tables for $4.99 , I would welcome this, that way I could buy the tables I want, and FS would still get the money for two tables purchased. That way everybody wins , I get the tables I want and FS get their $4.99 :)

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Tables all have different prices. Some are 1, some are 4 or 5. I think they wouldn't be a fan if you grabbed 2 four dollar tables at 5 bucks.

weirdingway

May 3, 2013
Because I'm sure the mechanical tables don't have nearly the fanbase the electronic ones do so in order to keep their sales up to justify the time putting them together, they force you to pay for a mechanical table if you only wanted the electronic pin.

RetroDude

Mar 24, 2012
It's not like someone from FarSight is holding a gun against your head and forcing anyone to buy anything.

Getting ONE table for the price of each pack is a bargain, compared to pretty much any other entertainment choices available.

If you see a table you want offered, buy it.
The second table is free!

You don't have to play the second one.

Seriously, for most people, a single hour at an arcade can cost more than purchasing a two table pack that you can then play 24x7x365 for the next several years.

I honestly don't understand the howls of pain from some people over the price.
When you calculate dollars per hour of entertainment value... Please!

Last edited:

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
...or a single repo ramp, flicker free LEDs kit, a flipper rebuild kit or a set of new rubbers and balls :)

Hell, this is an expensive hobby :)

I love it nonetheless ;)

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
Seriously, for most people, a single hour at an arcade can cost more than purchasing a two table pack that you can then play 24x7x365 for the next several years.

I agree with that 100%, RetroDude. Pinbot here in Portland, Oregon costs $.50 per play or 5 plays for $2.00. I have played over 60 games of Pinbot and maybe would have won 10 on merit and another 5 on matches. That would make 45 games I would have paid for and at 5 games for $2.00, I would have spent $18.00. I spent $8.00 for this months table pack so saving of $10.00 just on this table alone, plus I got Centaur for free, which I've played about 40 games of that.

sixmillion

Aug 9, 2012
It's not like someone from FarSight is holding a gun against your head and forcing anyone to buy anything.

Getting ONE table for the price of each pack is a bargain, compared to pretty much any other entertainment choices available.

If you see a table you want offered, buy it.
The second table is free!

You don't have to play the second one.

All I am requesting here is an option for the consumer. I already have a lot of these tables on my ps3, so if I want them on my ipad I have to double dip and pay again and you know I don't mind it if I could buy only the ones I want. So lets say I want to buy 5 tables that I want/like, and they are packaged together with other tables I am not interested in, then I have to pay $30 for those 5 tables. And for people comparing this to the real tables, the experience is chaulk and cheese. So all I am asking is for better choices / options, like any two for a set amount ( like SS tables ) or single tables, or even 70's tables, 80's tables etc. that way you can pick and buy the product want.

N

netizen

or you can now buy the seasons pass. Get all the season one tables, packs 1-10, for, iirc, $30. That's what 18 Tables?

How is that Fs trying to "rip Off" the consumer or deny them choice.

Here have 18 virtual pinball machines to play. But we are removing your choice because you can not buy them individually at a higher cost? WTF, don't you have any bigger issues?

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
It's $5. Not many other forms of entertainment out there give $5 of value such as TPA these days!

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
sixmillion, I'm not sure what you're suggesting is (very) possible. I'm fairly certain they have to create each pricing option, so they'd have to go through and create every possible combination of 2-table packs to offer the consumer. And that would grow exponentially every month. Yes, technically it could be done, but it would be an insane amount of work.

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
the answer to the question is "because demand is not evenly distributed between tables".

think of it as like an a-side and b-side to a 7-inch record.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
The reason we switched to packs instead of single tables was to reduce the workload for submissions. Letting the buyer buy any 2 tables they wanted as a pack would require us to make a pack for every single combination of tables. That would be 1000's of table pack combinations.

sixmillion

Aug 9, 2012
Gord & Mike , yes I realize now that there would be just too many combinations from an internal point of view to do this. I guess the best way to look at it is as some others have mentioned as the second table as the " B side" :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts