Why separate zones for nudge??

Zevious Zoquis

Jul 27, 2013
I find nudging almost impossible to do on ios TPA. Having a separate zone on the screen for nudging makes it very difficult to do in any useful way. It's just not quick enough. Why is it even necessary to have a separate zone for flippers and nudging? I'm pretty sure its easily possible to have tap for flippers and swipe for nudging over the entire screen...no need to separate the two functions at all afaic.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
I find nudging almost impossible to do on ios TPA. Having a separate zone on the screen for nudging makes it very difficult to do in any useful way. It's just not quick enough. Why is it even necessary to have a separate zone for flippers and nudging? I'm pretty sure its easily possible to have tap for flippers and swipe for nudging over the entire screen...no need to separate the two functions at all afaic.

There are alternate ways of nudging on iOS. In the Menu > Options: Nudge can be changed from Touchscreen, Shake, Swipe, or Off. Generally I find it a lot easier with a controller.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
I find the zones immensely useful and use the displayed zone lines. My thumbs tend to wander and slide around while playing, especially during heated multiball. The last thing I want to do is accidentally nudge (and possibly tilt) when flipping. The visible and defined zones make it easy to tell where on the screen you are. It does take some getting used to though. In the beginning, I never nudged. Now I find it impossible to play without nudging.

Zevious Zoquis

Jul 27, 2013
There are alternate ways of nudging on iOS. In the Menu > Options: Nudge can be changed from Touchscreen, Shake, Swipe, or Off. Generally I find it a lot easier with a controller.

yes I know, but I don't think any of those options allow me to tap for the flippers and swipe for nudging on the same area of the screen right?

I'm talking about for ipads here btw. It's not much of an issue on the much smaller iphones since the reach to the nudge zone ins't far.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I find touching faster and more accurate than swiping, although the latter probably makes more sense as a replacement for the real thing. I flip with my thumbs and shoot up with my index fingers to touch the nudge areas. I've got pretty good speed with it now, but it took a while before it got automatic as a reaction. I do have fairly big hands and therefore maybe less of a problem reaching towards the nudge areas. [MENTION=1356]MadScience2006[/MENTION] : I do have frequent inadvertent up nudges, most often when balls threaten to go STDM. My thumbs seem to want to follow those balls literally somehow and slide towards the middle....

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
yes I know, but I don't think any of those options allow me to tap for the flippers and swipe for nudging on the same area of the screen right?

I'm talking about for ipads here btw. It's not much of an issue on the much smaller iphones since the reach to the nudge zone ins't far.

There isn't an option to use the same touch zones to nudge.

You can change the Touch Scheme to move the zones around so it's easier to nudge.

Here's an example of the touch zones with Swipe nudging enabled for Touch Scheme: Type E in portrait.
12973247_1181730728525588_4290888997703080255_o.jpg

Here's an example of the Touch Scheme: Type E with Nudge set to Touchscreen in portrait.
12961230_1181730725192255_8847667087315389996_o.jpg

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014

I believe timeshock (pro pinball) has what you are talking about - tap for flippers and swipe for nudge in the same hit area. Trust me you do not want that feature. Frantic flipping during mulitball often registers as nudges.

Zevious Zoquis

Jul 27, 2013
I believe timeshock (pro pinball) has what you are talking about - tap for flippers and swipe for nudge in the same hit area. Trust me you do not want that feature. Frantic flipping during mulitball often registers as nudges.

Zaccaria has the feature too, and trust me I do want it. It works fine for me and I don't ever have an issue with tapping for flippers causing unwanted nudging. I guess I must have great finger control! lol. Its surely a matter of how much of a swipe is required to activate the nudge...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts