Will There Be Pinball Arcade On The Next Gen Consoles?

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Kinect was another overhyped gadget. Except for Dance Central, every game has been a disappointment.

As a person with physical disabilities I can say that for the most part I don't care about the Kinect and Move stuff. I would much rather just use a regular controller. I did have a little fun with the Move disc golf. I could calibrate it from my chair and it worked fine. But most of the games I have to figure out how to do what it wants me to do within my capabilities. I do enough of that in the real world! :D

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Well get used to Kinect, 'cause it's gonna be packaged with every new Xbox. Apparently it will have to be connected in order for the console to work. Or at least that's what the rumors are.

N

Nik Barbour

As a person with physical disabilities I can say that for the most part I don't care about the Kinect and Move stuff. I would much rather just use a regular controller. I did have a little fun with the Move disc golf. I could calibrate it from my chair and it worked fine. But most of the games I have to figure out how to do what it wants me to do within my capabilities. I do enough of that in the real world! :D

I don't have any physical disabilities, apart from not being able to dance, and I wouldn't want the Kinect or Move stuff either.
I'd guess most 30 something 1st gen gamers would be in the same boat.
It would directly put me off buying the hardware, if most of the software is optimised for Kinect.

Hinph

Feb 29, 2012
There were rumors that this Kinect 2 is supposed to be so advanced that it can read facial expressions... and the voice recognition is substantially improved. We will see if that is true.

I don't write off any of these technologies, as you never know what interesting uses can be found for them. That said, I have little interest in standing up and moving around in most games that I am playing. On the Wii, I really did enjoy the Zelda: Skyward Sword motion controls, as well as the IR aiming and pointing features on the system all around (Sin and Punishment 2 is the most tragically overlooked game of the generation). But those things don't require exaggerated movement.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
I've read that games that we purchased through PSN like TPA and Zen pinball will not be compatible with the PS4 and PS3 games can't be played on the PS5 either. I think this will hurt Sony a lot. If anything I look at Wii as an upgrade where you can still play wii games that you purchased before if you still play wii of course. That said the $359 with game is still out of my price range.

Even So getting the PS4 will not be on my radar when released.

IronSabbath88

Feb 21, 2013
I'm definitely not happy with the news about PSN games not working on PS4, and Gaikai streaming service for older PS games needs to be used by many people before I form an opinion on it.. (it's not really backwards compat. but at least it's SOMETHING)

That said, Sony did say they would like to find a way to get all PSN games onto the PS4. If anything, this is just another reason for me to wait at least a year or so before even thinking about one of the new consoles. I JUST got my PS3 recently after all and still have quite the backlog of 360 games to play (and replay, if I feel like it) that it's no real big deal to me.

Now, just to see what Microsoft announces. I've been a pretty extensive supporter of the Xbox 360 since about 2008.. but if they go the route of having you HAVE to use Kinect and always be online, then I just may be forced to say no. Kinect is a really horrid device that's far too over hyped for my liking. It's bad enough that every E3 Microsoft talks about Kinect as the next big thing. Microsoft's problem is trying to focus too much on people who don't want to play games, when it's at heart a GAMING console.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I've read that games that we purchased through PSN like TPA and Zen pinball will not be compatible with the PS4 and PS3 games can't be played on the PS5 either.

No one knows what the PS5 will do yet. How about we don't think about that until a few years after the PS4 comes out? ;D

For backwards compatibility, I'm just going to keep my PS3 even after I get a PS4 until I don't use it anymore. From the sounds of it I think Sony will be incorporating the PS4 store into the PS3 store so the PS3 should have support for years to come.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts