Will TPA and/or SPA be released for Nintendo Switch?

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
The new Nintendo Switch console will be out 3rd of March.
Any plans for a TPA or SPA release?

Mike Lindsey

FarSight Employee
Jul 23, 2013
We currently do not have anything to announce regarding Nintendo switch, but it is possible we will release for it in the future.

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
You guys really should have waited for the Switch instead of releasing so late on the Wii U's lifespan:(

MIK

Oct 17, 2016
They will take one look at the built-in internal storage memory of the Switch and not bother as TPA up to the standards of PS4 & XBOX1 will eat around half of it as a download version...

Each season as separate releases on cart/card would be be cool though. :)

Last edited:

strells

Oct 7, 2014
On my 32 GB Android tablet, I have all seasons, all tables installed and it only takes up 1.57 GB. Now granted, the game on Switch would be bigger, but I think it's pretty much a given that anybody serious about playing Switch (like myself) will add a microSD card (just got my 200GB card today all ready for Friday!).

Stuzz

Sep 22, 2015
Also, there's already a game at launch in Japan which is larger than the internal storage.

heberts811

Feb 26, 2012
I just read that the Switch was the Nintendo's best selling launch day console ever. I am sure it will get there.

Gary

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
for zelda and bomberman i aint that big a hoor kol, im lookingout for cheap wii us toplay zelda...and a "jailbreak" when nintendo stop updating the thing

ive been rocking a wii u for years as its basically and all in one nintendo nes snes etc etc, even takes my orginal gamecub discs aka the rougle swuardron trlogy

strells

Oct 7, 2014
Yes, I got my Switch. I'm really enjoying Zelda. I wish I had more time to play it (I'm about 4 or 5 hours in). I'm traveling tomorrow so I'll get to see how it is for that. Unfortunately, the case I wanted for it wasn't available at launch so I'm going to have to be careful on my trip due to reports of screen scratches.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I watched a review on YouTube and they do make a screen protector for it. Sound like a good idea. Zelda looks super. I haven't played a Zelda game in ages.

mystman12

Apr 21, 2013
I would love having TPA on the switch... I could play it on TV and finally have a way to play it on the go with actual buttons and a huge screen!

I've really enjoyed my Switch. Zelda is amazing, and I've also had a ton of fun playing PuyoPuyo Tetris and Snipperclips with friends. Being able to play multiplayer games anywhere is also just as cool as it looks.

All I hope is that, if the Switch version of TPA does not have the newer lighting engine, we can transfer our purchases from the Wii U version. Not keeping my hopes up, but still, would be awesome.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
I don't have a Switch yet, hoping for a Mario bundle some time this summer. But TPA would be nice to have, but IF you do, please include a "switch analog stick function" so you can use the right bottom-side analog stick for nudging instead of the usual left one that's on the top-side (plus of course the switch nudge method, e.g. point right can be nudge right side or nudge towards right). I'm still mad about not being able to nudge with the analog stick on the nunchuk on Wii PHoF. The portrait mode wouldn't work for me as I like flipping with the shoulder buttons but for portrait mode the analog stick functions need to be swapped accordingly.

Zacattack99

Apr 28, 2017
I'm still pushing for Switch like it was Wii U. In fact I had been practicing for this month's tournament to promote it. Either this or trying to top all the game's leaderboards...

mystman12

Apr 21, 2013
Stern Pinball on Facebook: "Ghostbusters is coming soon to the PlayStation 4 platform in the Stern Pinball Arcade. The iOS, Android, and Gear VR versions will be available this holiday season. Keep your eyes out for availability on both Oculus Rift and Nintendo Switch."

If true and not a mistake, I guess we can assume both TPA and SPA will make it to the Switch! I've been holding out on buying new tables on iOS in hopes a Switch version is released, I hope it's true!

Source: https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/posts/10155730574754244

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Stern Pinball on Facebook: "Ghostbusters is coming soon to the PlayStation 4 platform in the Stern Pinball Arcade. The iOS, Android, and Gear VR versions will be available this holiday season. Keep your eyes out for availability on both Oculus Rift and Nintendo Switch."

If true and not a mistake, I guess we can assume both TPA and SPA will make it to the Switch! I've been holding out on buying new tables on iOS in hopes a Switch version is released, I hope it's true!

Source: https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/posts/10155730574754244

Confirmed at ReplayFX. There will be a Switch version of SPA.

Members online

Members online