Williams Pinball Android Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Just upgraded Getaway to level 3. 100 parts and 100 Zen Coins for Level 4. Yikes.

Still though, put in the time to get in the Ticket upgrades and you'd be paying the same as if you'd get the table packs elsewhere. 700 Zen coins for all the tables equates to $20, in bundles of 350 coins for $10.

Better yet, if you get 5000 coins for $100 and grind for parts only, that's effectively $2 per table for however many tables they put out.

Also, last season I did reach the very first Silver tier but didn't pursue anything after that. I wouldn't mind as much.

Last edited:

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Gotta say, this kind of stuff is why I don’t touch beta software. Unless I’m getting paid to beta test, I prefer to spend my energies on finished games. I also totally agree with Jared’s position on the apparent pricing screw-up: first impressions matter and if your software is going to rely to some extent upon IAP, then getting that pricing close to right could be a make-or-break issue for people taking a look in. It’s not something to be dismissed; especially for people who actually spend money on mobile games.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
This price (in my local AUD converted price) literally refreshed before my eyes. I couldn't work out what the previous price was.

Can anyone see if their price live refreshes?

You'll need to be quick to see it.
8bcd06638c8cbc23f55fcecc0e2df6f3.jpg

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
Just yesterday I upgraded my second table to 3 stars (android), 3000 tickets. It took me a little under a week playing the challenges every day, and refreshing the level 1 challenge a number of times - I also have the level 3 challenge open for AFM - to earn the 3000 tickets. I also have saved up around 65 coins in the past two weeks.

Thinking about it, at this point with 7 tables it doesn't seem insurmountable to be able to at least unlock all the tables to 3 stars, and a couple of favorites to 4. It will likely take a month or so. But the economy changes when they add in 3, 6, 9 more tables - all of the sudden it will be a lot more difficult with more tables vying for your tickets. I can see someone coming in when there are say 20 tables in the game and being discouraged, that they will have to grind for weeks to even have a chance to see them in the level 1 challenge.

For those of us on the beta or adopting early, and who love the game, I think the economics will be okay.

I would respectfully recommend/request Zen to implement some kind of timed/limited demo mode (5 star challenge, or even a 1 minute timed trial game like on Steam) for all tables as they are released. The score-limited demo is a feature of the TPA mobile app that definitely caused me to buy several tables (Judge Dredd, Hurricane) that I would have probably passed on if I had not been able to trial.

Last edited:

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
One thing I noticed Jared, when opening the shop page: The buttons all read "Buy" when I enter the shop and then updates. Maybe it's that what you saw?

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
One thing I noticed Jared, when opening the shop page: The buttons all read "Buy" when I enter the shop and then updates. Maybe it's that what you saw?

Same here. When I first go into the shop screen the $$$ items all say "Purchase" instead of the actual price, it looks like it's going to the server to fetch the actual prices (presumably in local currency) before displaying them.

I emailed support about my missing Season 1 League Play prize; I'll see what they have to say.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
On your own screenshot on page 5 the price is the same, Jared.
Hmm, I don't have a concept of pages when browsing on Tapatalk.

There was movement and it caught my eye.

As a user, I don't expect to see any fast movement or animation on real money prices after I load a page.

As you point out there was no change in price from my last picture upload, but this animation made me feel there was.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Same here. When I first go into the shop screen the $$$ items all say "Purchase" instead of the actual price, it looks like it's going to the server to fetch the actual prices (presumably in local currency) before displaying them.

I emailed support about my missing Season 1 League Play prize; I'll see what they have to say.
That makes sense. They'd be using the Play Store API to load that info on demand.

If you haven't accessed the page for a while, it probably doesn't have a fresh cache.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Actually it's doing it every time, even when I'm still in the game.

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018
PinWiz had the same issue. You both better contact Zen support in have a rightful whinge about that because it's simply not fair.

As Jared recommended, contact Zen through the app and let them know you didn't receive your reward for the last tournament. I contacted them and was compensated with Zen coins, tickets and table parts.

I've contacted support, though It's doubtful any reward will reflect the time and ticket investment. Looks like a several players will achieve Diamond 1 rank for Season 2, though they're scoring far more points per game (I was awarded 15-52pts for most of the season).

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018
Just heard back from Zen regarding end of season rewards:

'We know about the problem and in the next patch you will definitely see that the issue has been solved.
We are sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your understanding!'.

Hopefully that means everyone can claim their Season 1 rewards, as opposed to a fix for Season 2 onwards. I'm a little apprehensive as that screen is currently used to preview your next reward, though I suppose they could stack rewards if things go smoothly.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I got a similar reply this morning, as well as some compensation in the form of in-game currency.

I think we will have to give up on getting anything from Season 1, just hope they fix the system for Season 2.

And it's grind grind grind all the way to Platinum III for me....

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
Screenshot_2019-02-28-21-22-31.jpg

Interesting...
Latest update
x7 tables £18.49 (one off limited time deal)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ug5zi862dpznfar/Screenshot_2019-02-28-21-22-31.jpg?dl=0

Screenshot_2019-02-28-21-22-31.jpg

I can't say I'm not tempted.

But as I've not played with the enhanced physics on the Android Beta how'd I know they're any good?

Really think as Beta Testers access to a limited one-ball/timed session with the enhanced physics should've been something available as true IRL players could've offered valuable feedback for Zen.....

Hmmmm. <£20 does seem a good deal though...

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I can't say I'm not tempted.

But as I've not played with the enhanced physics on the Android Beta how'd I know they're any good?

Really think as Beta Testers access to a limited one-ball/timed session with the enhanced physics should've been something available as true IRL players could've offered valuable feedback for Zen.....

Hmmmm. <£20 does seem a good deal though...
If the physics are the same as on Steam you won't be disappointed.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Yeah, you’re gonna have to trust in other people, and I’ll tell you right now the pro physics on iOS are very good and make the tables very challenging.

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
Yeah, you’re gonna have to trust in other people, and I’ll tell you right now the pro physics on iOS are very good and make the tables very challenging.

But what about on Android (GET OFF THIS THREAD! :p)
No-one really knows. Think I'll take a punt though

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
I have the tables on Android, and I don't see a difference to the Steam version when it comes to Pro physics. Simply put, I had my ass handed to me. If you're out for a challenge - well, there you got it.

But I'm not saying I can really judge, if they ARE actually the same, although I don't see any reason why they wouldn't and the feel like they are the same.

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
I have the tables on Android, and I don't see a difference to the Steam version when it comes to Pro physics. Simply put, I had my ass handed to me. If you're out for a challenge - well, there you got it.

But I'm not saying I can really judge, if they ARE actually the same, although I don't see any reason why they wouldn't and the feel like they are the same.

Thanks [MENTION=2707]Xanija[/MENTION] :)
Think I'll take the plunge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts