Wizard goals that you just can't do

Kaoru

Mar 29, 2012
Medieval Madness
- Battle for the Kingdom. Almost got to start that mode once... but then my last ball drained.

Cirqus Voltaire
- Ringmaster Battle
- Voltaire's Multiple Jackpots
...and I can't really be bothered because I don't like that table anyway.

Monster Bash
- Mosh Super Jackpot. Never ever even got close to it!

Black Knight
- Extra ball from the lower playfield. But I suspect there's a script error to fault here, or at least some bug. Because I feel as if I actually should have gotten it many times by now. Or I just don't get the rules here, I'm not sure.

Creature From the Black Lagoon
- Scoring a super jackpot. Scoring a "simple" jackpot already is a pain for me. I swear the balls are actively looking for the outlanes once the multiball mode starts.

Harley Davidson
- Milwaukee jackpot. Can anyone actually do this? I'm at the top of my friendslist with about 630 million... but didn't even get close to Milwaukee just once.

No Good Gofers
- Super Jackpot. I can't really figure out this table anyway. Neither did I ever fully understand the hole in one-shot.

And what are yours?

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
I only have the video modes in both MM and AFM along with Milwaukee and BFTK.

Mosh pit JP took some time, but once you do it a few times, trap the balls, one in each flipper and shoot witht eh right flipper.

For some reason I have so much trouble with video modes, MM video I have got there many times, closest I got was 27. I just got to the BFTK twice in one game today, but can't set up right with the troll bombs. Could care less about Milwaukee, but will get to that eventually.

Once you start to understand the tables, you will be good, took me 6-7 months, play in the next tournament if you can, that helped me a great deal.

Kaoru

Mar 29, 2012
Mosh pit JP took some time, but once you do it a few times, trap the balls, one in each flipper and shoot witht eh right flipper.
Yeah... but as it always is with these things, once you're *really* trying to go for a certain shot you just can't make it. Or the ball drains. ;)

play in the next tournament if you can, that helped me a great deal.
Depends on if they're ever going to happen on the consoles. *g*

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
If I remember correctly CENTRAL PARK has a pretty ridiculous wizard goal on PSP but the nudge was horrible and 6 outlanes.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I got within just 3 hits left on the mothership in AFM video mode. Haven't come close since.

Shulk

Jan 22, 2013
No matter how hard I try, I can never complete the Grand Finale in ToM. It either ends because the ballsaver fails to save it, or time runs out before I get the final letter or 2.

N

netizen

Milwaukee - Harley Davidson
Barnyard,Video, BFTK - MM
Lymans Lament - MB :(
Atlantis, Frog Frenzy - RBION
Spider Mania -SS
score 250,000 - BS :rolleyes:
score 1,000 in a single ball - CP :p
score 3M - Genie

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Getting to Atlantis in Ripley's is just impossible. I got Frog Frenzy one time and it sucks that all my achievements disappeared on iOS. I don't know if I have the patience to get that one again.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
None, got'em all :)

Same here. BFTK took a while (mostly because I didn't know about the troll bombs at first) but the rest haven't been too bad.

If I remember correctly CENTRAL PARK has a pretty ridiculous wizard goal on PSP but the nudge was horrible and 6 outlanes.

Jive Time had a crazy one in the Williams PHoF on PS3 too, that was the only table I didn't complete the wizard goals on in that game..

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
MM kills me with video mode and BFTK. I've also kinda lost patience with trying, so there's that!

I only gave a good solid try on CV to join the circus when it first came out. Don't really like playing that table, so again, stopped trying.

I'm honestly kinda over going for wizard goals. They're more of a grind than fun. I do think they are good to highlight how certain rules work, but on tables like Harley, I just can't seem to care! Interestingly enough though, going for Lyman's on MB actually shaped how I play that table, and I still go for it every time I play the table now.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
MM kills me with video mode and BFTK. I've also kinda lost patience with trying, so there's that!

I only gave a good solid try on CV to join the circus when it first came out. Don't really like playing that table, so again, stopped trying.

I'm honestly kinda over going for wizard goals. They're more of a grind than fun. I do think they are good to highlight how certain rules work, but on tables like Harley, I just can't seem to care! Interestingly enough though, going for Lyman's on MB actually shaped how I play that table, and I still go for it every time I play the table now.

I took the easy way on Laymans, but the game I hit the Mosh jackpot I was able to hit 1000 HOF points.

N

netizen

Lymans Lament, enter the code then shoot the scoop.

That assumes you have control over the flippers prior to launch, now doesn't it?

On Android the only table you can enter the pre launch "codes" is STTNG as it is the only table you have control of the flippers prior to launching the ball, which makes Lyman Lament very difficult, no?

RetroDude

Mar 24, 2012
That assumes you have control over the flippers prior to launch, now doesn't it?

On Android the only table you can enter the pre launch "codes" is STTNG as it is the only table you have control of the flippers prior to launching the ball, which makes Lyman Lament very difficult, no?

No control of the flippers pre-launch on iOS either. Trying to get in the whole sequence with a ball in play is VERY difficult.
I've done it once, but only after a LOT of game restarts trying specifically to do it.

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
No control of the flippers pre-launch on iOS either. Trying to get in the whole sequence with a ball in play is VERY difficult.
I've done it once, but only after a LOT of game restarts trying specifically to do it.

It isn't all that difficult. You just need some timing and a few tries.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012

When we had the PHOF collections, there was no other tables promised or even rumored on the horizon. Quite a bit of time passed and it was a good majority of what I was playing. Of course without anything else to look forward to, I did my best to hit every wizard goal I could. Now that Pinball Arcade is out, there are so many tables and so many more to look forward to, it is simply not feasible for me to even try for all the wizard goals anymore. I always find myself being drawn to play several tables for a while and then cycle some of those out and play some others. Never really focus on mastering just one anymore. Which is more of an arcade sort of environment, and I think that's what they were going for in the creation of TPA.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts