Wizard of Oz

bluenose79

Mar 1, 2013
After finding a great website pinformer.co.uk it came to my attention that the wizard of oz was a mere 30 minute drive away. Not having played a real machine for about 15 years I couldn't wait to play.

Wow, simply wow!!!

Had the best 70-80 mins of my life in such a long time. What a great machine to play!!

Happily put £1 after £1 into it, games didn't last that long and my score was quite low, just a great experience to play a real pin again.

Anyone had this feeling?

Any tips for the machine?

Cheers guys :)

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
After finding a great website pinformer.co.uk it came to my attention that the wizard of oz was a mere 30 minute drive away. Not having played a real machine for about 15 years I couldn't wait to play.

Wow, simply wow!!!

Had the best 70-80 mins of my life in such a long time. What a great machine to play!!

Happily put £1 after £1 into it, games didn't last that long and my score was quite low, just a great experience to play a real pin again.

Anyone had this feeling?

Any tips for the machine?

Cheers guys :)
Played a LE at Free Gold Watch in Ashbury, San Francisco for the first time ever when visiting recently.

Until you're standing in front of this machine, you just can't understand how awesome JJP machines are.

I managed a 226k score on this because I had some modes stacked. Apparently. Put two bucks in and stayed on this machine for a good hour.

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
My best scores generally come after having the ball go down the left outlane and hit the bumpers there. :cool:

FoxMcCloud

May 13, 2014
This was the first table I got to play too since getting into pinball (I played a lot when I was young and had no idea what I was doing, it was just something to do while I waited on our food to come out). Downtown a restaurant has one right between the dining area and the entrance to the bar area, and though it's the only one I know of in this region the staff said it doesn't get a lot of play. Sad too because it's a beautiful table and my wife actually said, years from now when we might actually be able to afford it, that she would like to have this table.

I've since got to play RCT and X-Men, which were pretty awesome, but this one was quite the pin to start on. Glad you had such a good time!

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I've yet to play the "real" version of this. I've played it twice at expos, but both times the software was unfinished (though it was pretty far along the second time). The key to this game is ball control - random flailing away will put an end to your game fast. I also found it interesting (not sure I can say I liked it or not) that they're bringing scores back down to Earth, with a ones column that does not always end in zero.
The way this thing plays movie clips and animations in full color - that is awesome, and makes those DMD animations Stern loves look crappy. It's also has very useful info. The crystal ball which plays video inside it is also awesome. Hopefully, they'll stay in business and force Stern's hand to make full color the standard.

Baramos

Aug 18, 2013
Very, very fun machine.

Didn't it have the "7 games for 5 dollars" deal? Well, I guess you are using pounds, but same idea. One I played accepted ones AND fives. I gladly fed it at least two fives when I was playing it.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
15522c279f3961768b912e92f184682e.jpg

It's a beauty!

Very fun but it had pretty brutal outlanes. It's been a while since I've played a real table, and I have to say, the real thing is much more satisfying. The sounds, the lights, and the feel just can't be matched.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
https://vimeo.com/110205086

For those of you who haven't seen one, here's a short survey of the table.

The color changing LEDs are really amazing! I hadn't seen a modern table in person with LEDs. The most recent table I'd seen was AFM I think.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Nice. If I don't like the way my Hobbit turns out once it's finished I'm thinking I might just have them send me a Ruby Red edition WoZ instead.
I'm not really a Wizard of Oz fan, but my god this machine is beautiful!

pinsam

Oct 13, 2014
Oz does look damn impressive. Does anyone know if Jersey Jack is doing any other tables after The Hobbit?

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Oz does look damn impressive. Does anyone know if Jersey Jack is doing any other tables after The Hobbit?

They are doing a pin based on an original concept with Pat Lawlor.

Pat hasn't been allowed to do a widebody in a while, so I have high hopes for something extraordinary.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
They are doing a pin based on an original concept with Pat Lawlor.

That'll be his first new table in what, 7 years (assuming a 2015 release)?

WOZ is very pretty, but it's also quite overwhelming. The manual (linked from ipdb.org) helps you understand the basic modes very well, there's also a workflow diagram explaining how all the rules come together!

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
That'll be his first new table in what, 7 years (assuming a 2015 release)?

WOZ is very pretty, but it's also quite overwhelming. The manual (linked from ipdb.org) helps you understand the basic modes very well, there's also a workflow diagram explaining how all the rules come together!

It is overwhelming. I wasn't really sure what to do most of the time.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.