Worst/most boring game on pInball Arcade?

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Well, of the ones on PS3/4, for boring definitely Bride of Pin•Bot. Left ramp left ramp left ramp left ramp left ramp...

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
OK, I know that you and I are not exactly on the same line when it comes to pinball but what exactly is wrong with Centaur? I have to say that I don't like the artwork. But the game itself is great for something from 1981.

The artwork is the only thing I like about that table. I hate the music, the sounds, the gameplay....It's just not a fun table to me.

I use to hate Gorgar even more, but it's grown on me. I STILL hate that stupid, mentally retarded voice. ("Me, Gorgar, Stuuuuuupid!" lol)

Meanwhile, I'm one of the few that don't think Goin Nuts is THAT bad. Is it great? No, but it's unique and different, and that's why I continue to give it a pass.

Trenchbroom

Apr 20, 2013
I use to hate Gorgar even more, but it's grown on me. I STILL hate that stupid, mentally retarded voice. ("Me, Gorgar, Stuuuuuupid!" lol).

Gorgar's voice was cutting edge at the time. Cannot rip a table that is 30+ years old just because the technology behind it is ancient. That would be like bashing AM radio because the audio is thin and full of static.

It is what it is.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Gorgar's voice was cutting edge at the time. Cannot rip a table that is 30+ years old just because the technology behind it is ancient. That would be like bashing AM radio because the audio is thin and full of static.

It is what it is.

Actually, I can do as I please because my opinion was asked. The voice is endlessly annoying and it sounds stupid.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Goin' Nuts'. They really should have done the EM version of El Dorado. The solid state update is a piss poor version of the original. Shame. :(

invitro

May 4, 2012
I am kind of surprised, but I enjoy playing every single table. I think that is related to trying for high scores in most games.

Shooting for the drop targets on El Dorado is fun. And the danger of draining is high enough at my skill level that trying to get the EB before the drain is exciting.

I hated Goin' Nuts when I was just flailing. But flailing is not rewarded; sure shots are. They're not fun to make, but they're challenging.

I like Haunted House a lot. The only frustration for me is not being able to trap balls... but I try to look at that as something different that adds a new challenge. I actually love most things about HH and understand why many people consider it a classic.

Victory is overly slow, but that's not a serious problem.

HD3E may be my least favorite, mostly because of that god-awful and omnipresent video mode. It wouldn't be so distressing if I didn't play it ten times in a just decent game.

My most boring table right now might actually be FH, because I've played it for like 40 hours :).

Eaton Beaver

Jan 25, 2014
I think my least favorite table out of the entire collection is Central Park. I do think it definitely belongs in the collection because it represents a older era of pinball but I am definitely a bigger fan of the late 80's and 90's stuff I played at arcades.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
OK, I know that you and I are not exactly on the same line when it comes to pinball but what exactly is wrong with Centaur? I have to say that I don't like the artwork. But the game itself is great for something from 1981.

I agree with you. Quite frankly it was a head of its time. I have been playing all week and I have every table to pick from. Love Gorgar too. Not a big fan of Black Rose however.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
I think my least favorite table out of the entire collection is Central Park. I do think it definitely belongs in the collection because it represents a older era of pinball but I am definitely a bigger fan of the late 80's and 90's stuff I played at arcades.

+1

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Goin' Nuts'. They really should have done the EM version of El Dorado. The solid state update is a piss poor version of the original. Shame. :(
Using the EM would have been beneficial to the table I think. Instead of being an overly simplistic SS with terribly annoying sound. It would have been an ok EM with bells and chimes.

I know nothing about sorcerer but to put El Dorado in while telling us that EMs don't sell was a bit of a cheeky move. Especially when there are EM tables that probably would have outsold it handily.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
My vote is for Goin' Nuts,hands down. The only reason I play it at all now is if it's in a tourney,or once in a blue moon - because it's still the only iOS table for which I don't have all the standard goals.

There are a couple of other pins near the bottom of the list - but GN is the clear loser here.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Using the EM would have been beneficial to the table I think. Instead of being an overly simplistic SS with terribly annoying sound. It would have been an ok EM with bells and chimes.

I know nothing about sorcerer but to put El Dorado in while telling us that EMs don't sell was a bit of a cheeky move. Especially when there are EM tables that probably would have outsold it handily.

I actually prefer the SS version because of the table art. Reminds me of old adventure comics!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.