WOW, that was just too beautiful. (Successful cradle transfer!)

alexk3954

Mar 8, 2012
I was playing NGG yesterday and on a multiball I had two balls on the right flipper. I started to slightly release and push the flipper button repeatedly, but not quite enough to do anything. Then all of a sudden, I released and pushed so perfectly that the medial ball bounces up a few inches, rolls down the sling, nicks the other ball, and hops over to the other flipper!

TPA fans, there is hope of one day having legit cradle separations. They just need to tweak the flippers so this is more repeatable. I almost couldn't believe what I was seeing, it was just too perfect!

Last edited by a moderator:

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
In the PS3 version, post transfers are easy. It sounds like you're talking about a cradle separation, which I haven't been able to do at all in the PS3 version. Hm I wonder if it would be closer to possible if I switched to using the L2/R2 triggers instead of L1/R1.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
I tried to make a quick video. Used my phone so I was holding and playing at once...hope it looks alright.
PS3 Version on No Good Gofers
Is this what you mean?
I know it's not quite right but gets the job done

Last edited:

alexk3954

Mar 8, 2012
O yeah, definitely meant cradle separation, not post transfer. I should drink more coffee before I post so early in the morning.

If a mod could fix the thread title, that would be great :)

alexk3954

Mar 8, 2012
In the PS3 version, post transfers are easy. It sounds like you're talking about a cradle separation, which I haven't been able to do at all in the PS3 version. Hm I wonder if it would be closer to possible if I switched to using the L2/R2 triggers instead of L1/R1.

I was using R1/L1. But this is VERY uncommon, you just have to release the button ever so slightly and depress it again VERY quickly. I could hardly believe it happened when I saw it

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012
Yup I can confirm this is possible. I've managed to do it once or twice, but I fail 99% of the time

Draftcard

May 10, 2012
i can not do a cradle separation on any sort of virtual pinball
the type of movement to pull that off just isn't there, as in real pinball you don't even see the flipper move really

i also lose the ball in the drain sometimes when it comes down the lane towards a cradled flipper trying to do the same thing (same type of technique to pop it across the drain to the other flipper at the last moment if you cant cradle it) the lack of friction on the flipper adds to this

post transfer is pretty easy to pull off, but sometimes it feels like gravity on the ball is a little late and the ball movement results aren't consistent. It does work though and has a very high success rate

Last edited:

alexk3954

Mar 8, 2012
i can not do a cradle separation on any sort of virtual pinball
the type of movement to pull that off just isn't there, as in real pinball you don't even see the flipper move really

i also lose the ball in the drain sometimes when it comes down the lane towards a cradled flipper trying to do the same thing (same type of technique to pop it across the drain to the other flipper at the last moment if you cant cradle it) the lack of friction on the flipper adds to this

post transfer is pretty easy to pull off, but sometimes it feels like gravity on the ball is a little late and the ball movement results aren't consistent. It does work though and has a very high success rate

Yeah the cradle separation is nearly impossible, it will fail 99% of the time.

Getting the ball to go down the inlane and bounce over to the other flipper depends entirely on the table. IME, on TOTAN, that just is not going to happen. On MM, I can do that with 99% success.

Post transfers seems like it depends entirely on the table and flipper. Going from right to left on RBION is pretty much guaranteed to work. Going left to right on the same table usually leads to a loss of control for me...

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Cradle seperation is extremely difficult and i think it has to do with the fact that the flippers are only going from still to full speed and that's it, not acceleration and possibly no effect of load from the ball. Also, it seems that the flippers return to rest position too quickly, lending them too much force on the upswing.

I find post transfers to be a lot harder on real tables where the timing has to be perfect or the flip will be too weak to properly bounce the ball off the post hard enough to actually transfer it. It will just land back on the flipper and roll back to above the pivot. In TPA, the flippers return at full force no matter where they start from so you can just let them barley drop and they will fling the ball against the post and over.

For cradle seperation, usually one ball will be sent flying and the other off in a random direction. What I'll usually do is i will nudge the inside ball off the flipper and into the inlane, then little flip and it either goes straight up allowing for a post transfer and a cradle or it post transfers and i cradle...or chaos again.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.