Your 5 least-liked tables in TPA

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
Goin Nuts is *excluded* because no one likes that game (but feel free to correct me!)

Class of 1812
Lights Camera ACTION
Tee'd Off
TX Sector
Cue Ball Wizard

Huh, that's funny... all these tables say "Premiere" on them! :rolleyes:

The jury is still out on Big Hurt. If I had a sixth spot I'd add R911. I know what you're thinking... "How can you put Tee'd off on there, bruh? Surely Victory is a worse game! Or R911!" Tee'd off has awful, awful playfield art and I hate that sound package. I cannot stand looking at that smiling golfer by the flippers lol.

Last edited:

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Centaur, because I can't finish a game without a ball going missing and game being stuck and I have to quit.
Phantom of the Opera because it's got a cramped boring unpleasent playfield and crap rules and completely fails to interest me. Music/sound is ok.
Cyclone because it has extremely weak and primitive and boring rules and playfield and terrible sounds and it's just a long bore.
Black Knight. I think I've played home made android pinball apps that look better and work better.
Bride of Pinbot. Worst ruleset ever?

Honorable mentions: Safe Cracker, Haunted House, Fireball, Central Park.

invitro

May 4, 2012
1. R911 is by far my least favorite and the only table in TPA that I think is completely worthless.
2. HD3e, only because of the video mode.

I'll just stop there as I actually don't have even a strong dislike for any others. Farsight has done a very good job of selecting tables, I suppose.

Anubis

Jun 4, 2016
1. Starship Troopers (It's unplayable on iOS, period).
2. LCA
3. 1812
4. Tee'd Off
5. Champion Pub (Too many cheap center drains + dumb spittoon mode)

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
1. Haunted House
2. Central Park
3. Class of 1812
4. El Dorado: City of Gold
5. Lights, Camera, Action

karl

May 10, 2012
I agree that Going Nuts is in a league of it's own

01. Victory (The layout is not that bad but I hate the rules and the voice is really irritating)
02. Rescue 911 (again, the rules are really boring and the layout is also very uninspiring)
03. Lights Camera Action(Same reasons as Victory)
04. Party Zone (stupid me thought this would be better than Dr. Dude but boy was I wrong)
05. Class of 1812 (Goood Evening and Good night. Boring stuff)

Just made the cut:

06. Cue ball Wizard
07. Teed off
08. Phantom of the Opera
09. Harley Davidson
10. Safe Cracker

PS! I have not included tables that is good in real life but plays badly in TPA. Tables like Black Knight and the horrible physics of table like Cactus Canyon and Who's Dunnit

Anubis

Jun 4, 2016
Aside from my five, I probably could have added -- machines that rely too much on video modes and non-pinball gimmicks. If I want a video game, I'll play a video game. Looking at you, Black Rose.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
Here are my five:

El Dorado: City of Gold (annoying sounds,would have just missed the list,but now we have the original)
Tee'd Off
LCA
POTO
Hurricane (I hate how the playfield looks)

Just missing the low 5:

The Party Zone
Class of 1812
Last Action Hero (wasn't a fan of the real table,nothing's changed)
TX-Sector

I'd give one more,but like the OP said...Goin' Nuts is there easily.

Funny thing - if I did this poll two years ago, Harley Davidson & RBION would have been here. Just goes to show how opinions can change...

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
The Champion Pub-no flow whatsoever and outlanes are too hungry for my liking.
POTO-Not a complete loser and I like the theme, but the ruleset completely derails it for me.
Harley-Love the music and theme, but playfield is too ordinary and reaching the wizard mode is too tedious.
MSF-No fun at all and looks terrible in TPA. Not even Edgar Winter's Frankenstein can save it-I'll just crank up the song on my iPod. Worse yet, it's coming to STPA as well.
R911-Sure it "values life", but it does not value decent pinball machine design.

BTW Nightwing, admit you love that manspreading clown on Hurricane.
Who wouldn't? :p

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I'm on PS4 and only have up to Hurricane, so...
Judge Dredd
Scared Stiff
Starship Troopers
Road Show (most annoying audio. Although it is pretty good on mute)
Junkyard is kinda lame (I'm having difficulty with the #5 spot)

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
Still play on my PS3, don't have all the tables as of yet.

Starship Troopers
Harley-Davidson
Xenon
Black Rose
Cue Ball Wizard

Just missed the cut
Cirqus Voltaire
BoPinbot
Victory
LCA
Junk Yard

MWink

Jan 13, 2013
1. Cyclone - All around horrible. No redeeming quality.

2. Earthshaker - Painful audio.
3. Champion Pub - Just don't like it.
4. Rescue 911 - Awful layout. Always waiting for the helicopter.
5. El Dorado: City of Gold - Horrible scoring.

Runner up: Funhouse

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
In no particular order, probably:

1. El Dorado: City Of Gold - bleep bleep bloop de bleep bloop bleep (that's what I think of the table, not my interpretation of the "music").
2. Junk Yard - it has zero flow, annoying call-outs, and becomes an utterly boring table after the first time through the Wizard mode.
3. Champion Pub - I'd like to like it, because it's a great theme, but it has zero flow and too many stupid toys.
4. R911 - a one-joke table (Extra Bawl) that otherwise takes itself far too seriously, is boring to boot, and has an annoying flow-breaking toy.
5. Cue Ball Wizard - this table is the biggest steaming pile of [what you can find behind one of the cards in one of the stupid video modes] around.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
In no particular order, probably:

1. El Dorado: City Of Gold - bleep bleep bloop de bleep bloop bleep (that's what I think of the table, not my interpretation of the "music").
2. Junk Yard - it has zero flow, annoying call-outs, and becomes an utterly boring table after the first time through the Wizard mode.
3. Champion Pub - I'd like to like it, because it's a great theme, but it has zero flow and too many stupid toys.
4. R911 - a one-joke table (Extra Bawl) that otherwise takes itself far too seriously, is boring to boot, and has an annoying flow-breaking toy.
5. Cue Ball Wizard - this table is the biggest steaming pile of [what you can find behind one of the cards in one of the stupid video modes] around.

"Surprise Tenderfoot!"

Two of tables you list are ones I also voted for. You do make valid points though on the other three. CBW was a lot more fun IRL. But it's still better than the butt-ugly version on the old Microsoft Pinball Arcade (circa 1998).

That's the best part of these forums-we all have different perspectives on these tables. We've all voted with our dollars and that gives us the right to discuss the outcomes.

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
Harley Davidson - Awful voices. Kills the game. I want to kill the person looking to find the mystery rider.
Lights Camera Action - It doesn't feel like a coherent pinball table.
Central Park - I get the feeling I'm never actually in control when "playing" this game.
Starship Trooper - I hate the layout. The audio is also terrible.
El Dorado: City of Gold - Dreadfully boring!

Black Knight is a consolation mention for having a debilitating bug that was never fixed.

Last edited:

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Harley Davidson - Awful voices. Kills the game. I want to kill the person looking to find the mystery rider.
Lights Camera Action - It doesn't feel like a coherent pinball table.
Central Park - I get the feeling I'm never actually in control when "playing" this game.
Starship Trooper - I hate the layout. The audio is also terrible.
El Dorado: City of Gold - Dreadfully boring!

Black Knight is a consolation mention for having a debilitating bug that was never fixed.

BK belongs in TPA without a doubt. The table itself is great, but FarSight has never fixed the lock bug and the table graphic reproduction is not one of their better efforts. And where's the ROM emulation FarSight mentioned in 2012? (On the just-released after 3 1/2 years WiiU version, perhaps?) BK is one of those sad cases of a great table being marred by FarSight's lack of effort to fix.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
In alphabetical order
1. Black Knight - Buggy mess and I hate magnasave on my iPad (useless). The FS version just doesn't do it justice.
2. Champion Pub - Fun theme but I don't like playing it. I just don't want to jump rope or use the punching bag anymore.
3. Haunted House - Just doesn't play and feel like a wide body pin. The ball zips around like lightning.
4. Star Trek The Next Generation - Too many shots head straight for the vacuum outlanes. I find the iOS version more difficult than the real thing.
5. Victory - There isn't one good playfield view in landscape IMO. And the game just gets that lather rinse repeat feel after a while.

But that being said, I still play each pin every now and then. Yep, even Goin' Nuts. I love the variety and there are many pins that I grew to appreciate after getting to know them better.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.