Your Fantasy Pinball Basement

Bravewall

Jul 5, 2014
Long before I ever knew of TBA I had wild ideas about someday having a game room full of pinball tables. My dad and his brothers collect every type of pub game they can fit, like foozeball shuffleboard, air hockey and so on. And it's always good to visit them and play those, but for my generation as I get older, pinball is my thing.

Looking at the database, I didn't know where to start. I definitely need to be in a different tax bracket before I even think about owning one table. Coming here, and listening to the latest podcast made me realize I still have a lot to learn about upkeep. I am in the process of switching careers, to becoming an electrician, and I plan to take courses next year for it. I figure that would help me get closer to the dream.

But then there is fitting it in to your lifestyle, which I imagine gets more difficult with each table you acquire. So while it is just a pipe-dream right now, I want to describe what I envision for my basement someday.

North Wall: (based on my favourite tables from TBA) Black Knight 2000, Elvira and the Party Monsters, High Speed, Dr. Dude, Black Knight
East Wall: Graphic Novel Collection
South Wall: Amazing Spiderman (1980), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Lost World Jurassic Park, The Shadow, South Park
West Wall: X-men Pro, entrance door, Back to the Future: The Pinball

Then I'd have a small circular couch in the middle, and I'm set. Anyone else have a similar fantasy, or reality?

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
If we're talking pure fantasy here, why stop at a basement.

I would create a shrine to pinball here in Australia. Like there is at Pacific Pinball Museum, PHOF, Free Gold Watch.

If I was smart about it, I would have a co-located business with food and drink, and a great stock of spare parts for my use as well as sale to customers.

And an online portal that didn't require transactions through bank cheque or other ridiculous 80's transaction methods

Bravewall

Jul 5, 2014
If we're talking pure fantasy here, why stop at a basement.
Fair enough. I was thinking of a fantasy room that I could feasibly achieve and maintain, if I was dedicated enough. But if we're talking pure fantasy, sure why not a dome with all the pinballs?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts