Zaccaria Pinball 1.8 ?

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
I am praying for Spooky next. It would be the absolute most logical choice for October. I have played around 20 of their pinball machines and Spooky was always my favorite. My avatar I use for here, Steam and Pinside says it all.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Spooky would be nice for Halloween. Mick where did you bump into all those Zac pins?
I've still never played a real one. :mad:

SonicBrain

May 17, 2013
WHAT i expect for update 1.8 = The same metal looking on the Black Belt or better - Spooky table or Space Shutle - more Atention on details - More bass sound on the ball - Video preview on YouTube in HD - More effort on Facebook page as well .

night

May 18, 2012
More bass sound on the ball

Yes, you are right. I payed some more attention to this, the rolling sound of the ball reminds me of a small marble or plastic thing. It doesn't live up to the heavy ball feeling. It is a small detail to Zaccaria, but this sound sample could use some more 'heaviness' illusion. The high and midtones need to be tuned down all the way on this sample, just the low. The it will probably be perfect.

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
Spooky would be nice for Halloween. Mick where did you bump into all those Zac pins?
I've still never played a real one. :mad:

I played many of them in an arcade in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada Kolchak. The owner of my favorite arcade was a major pinball fanatic and he went out of his way to keep his arcade full of the best pins he could get at the time. Some of the other machines I played were on trips abroad in both Canada and the USA. I travelled a lot around Canada when I was in the army. Then after my army days I started my own business and did even more travelling.

Spooky was in that arcade I mentioned and that arcade was just a mile away from my Countries Parliament buildings. It was a large arcade, and it always had at least 50-80 tables and 50-100 video games.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Very cool Mick. I thought I played a lot of different pins, but you got me. Cool when an arcade owner keeps the pin rotation fresh and in good working order. Wish there were still local arcades around like this today. Ah, the good old days.

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
I played many of them in an arcade in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada Kolchak. The owner of my favorite arcade was a major pinball fanatic and he went out of his way to keep his arcade full of the best pins he could get at the time. Some of the other machines I played were on trips abroad in both Canada and the USA. I travelled a lot around Canada when I was in the army. Then after my army days I started my own business and did even more travelling.

Spooky was in that arcade I mentioned and that arcade was just a mile away from my Countries Parliament buildings. It was a large arcade, and it always had at least 50-80 tables and 50-100 video games.

Hi Mick,

I used to do the arcade rounds back in the early 80's in ottawa on almost a daily basis. Where was this arcade?

Rob

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
If memory serves me right it was at the corner of Rideau Street and King Edward. Across from the Punk, alternative and Goth club called One Step Beyond. I know it was on Rideau, but I am not sure if it was King Edward or Dalhousie street that was the other street it kiddy cornered with. It was part of the Rideau Center complex.

The other great arcade back in the day in Ottawa was the arcade at Carlingwood Shopping center, and also the Arcade at the base of the hill of Britannia in the west end of the city. It was across from Britannia Theatres. Dangerous side of town at that place though.

The one thing I didn't like about the Ottawa arcade scene was in how fast many of the owners ditched pinball tables for the new video games coming in. However the Carlingwood and Rideau center arcades had a great number of pinball machines at any given time, and there rotation of new ones coming in was top notch.

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
Sorry for the off topic folks but this is a great side step in memory lane:

The Rideau street "circuit" was one of the best in Ottawa. There was a Rideau Arcade near the corner you are mentioning (about a block away), under the Hayloft restaurant. That's where I "mastered" (;)) my first pinball game: Superman. There was another large arcade near Rideau and Dalhousie, I think it too was called "Rideau Arcade". There was another off the corner called "King Arthur's Court" but it was pretty small but had some great games (and a Crazy Kong DK clone eheh). Closer to the corner of Rideau/Sussex, there was another Rideau Arcade there, though it didn't last long BUT I did pop in one day, saw the Arcade operator having a little too much fun with his girlfriend and booked right out. I think it closed down the next month LOL

There was also another near the corner you referred to, I think it was more of a pool place, it was across the street (maybe next block) from the old Nelson theatre. By far though, I thought the Rideau Arcade under the Hayloft restaurant had the most pinball game. I don't know if it was upwards to 80 but they were in fine shape and they had the top games of the era.

Typical day there was work at the Burger King on the corner of George/Dalhousie, leave work, visit the arcade on Dalhousie (Rideau Arcade, great arcade games, very few pins), then move on over to the King Arthur's Court, then to the Rideau Arcade under the Hayloft, leave a few credits in Superman pinball to some kid, pop over to the "Gameroom" next to Nates, then head on home. If it was the weekend, then hitting "the Midway" on Bank and MAYBE hit the Empire Arcade next to Barrymore.

Oh sweet times :)

Ok, enough off topic (full apologies), I've played some more of Zaccaria of late and I'm really liking it. I do hope we see some of the existing tables change the lockbar textures which IMHO is the only real eye sore in the entire package. The rest of the art assets are at the very least "acceptable" to simply outstanding!

Considering Halloween is coming up, Spooky seems a natural to me. :)

Rob

night

May 18, 2012
Zsolt, don't let us wander in the dark any longer, which table are you guys working on?!

SonicBrain

May 17, 2013
@ A.S.K aka Zsolt " It's anybody out there ?!...... " ( Pink Floyd ) I hope the shutdown of US government didn't affected A.S.K .... it's a long silence from the A.S.K team ....

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.