Zaccaria Pinball - Clown (1985) Bugs & Feedback

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
Does this happen more often? I had a ball sitting on the left separator on Pinball Champ but it never happened again.

I've just completed several marathon sessions of Clown and have not been able to repeat this quirk. I have had the ball get stuck a couple of times in the cup at the upper left corner though. I also learned that when starting a new game, if you are fast and lucky with the plunge, you can hit and get credit for the clown as it resets it's position.

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
I thought I had read that the progress of hitting the clown flag would not be lost when the ball drains. I've never played a real Zaccaria, so I'm not sure how it works IRL.

ETA: My bad. I've played some more and realize now that the clown lights go out until the clown is re activated. Sorry about that. Nothing to see here.

Last edited:

haj

Sep 28, 2012
- Music at the beginning is missing on ver3.3(iOS). I think this is related to iOS 8.2 (if my memory is correct it was ok with iOS 8.1)
- Music was cut out by other SE sounds (hope this can be fixed)
- Mortar sound does not play when the moving target moves left to right on the new game.
- Status of 'C-L-W-O-N' lights are not carried over balls. ver3.3 (I guess it's been fixed once?)
- Drop targets don't make reset sound after a ball drain
- Head of pins (I mean, lots of pins which fix slings, rubber gates etc. what do you call it?) are shimmering. I guess this is metal reflection (metal FX doesn't affect this tho). It's too strong under dark room setting.
- flipper size looks almost same on both simulation and arcade setting...

Since new physics, I haven't seen a ball stuck so it's good!
By the way, does "Red special" make a fanfare or some sort of something (saying for the real table)? Just some kind of a little reward for an achievment wouldn't hurt, would it? :)

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
- Music at the beginning is missing on ver3.3(iOS). I think this is related to iOS 8.2 (if my memory is correct it was ok with iOS 8.1)
- Music was cut out by other SE sounds (hope this can be fixed)
- Mortar sound does not play when the moving target moves left to right on the new game.
- Status of 'C-L-W-O-N' lights are not carried over balls. ver3.3 (I guess it's been fixed once?)
- Drop targets don't make reset sound after a ball drain
- Head of pins (I mean, lots of pins which fix slings, rubber gates etc. what do you call it?) are shimmering. I guess this is metal reflection (metal FX doesn't affect this tho). It's too strong under dark room setting.
- flipper size looks almost same on both simulation and arcade setting...

Since new physics, I haven't seen a ball stuck so it's good!
By the way, does "Red special" make a fanfare or some sort of something (saying for the real table)? Just some kind of a little reward for an achievment wouldn't hurt, would it? :)
Checked all sound related bug, should be working now without any issue.

haj

Sep 28, 2012
Checked all sound related bug, should be working now without any issue.

Hi, Zsolt, you mean to say the current version doesn't have those problems or fix will be coming to next version? I've just updated iOS to 8.2 today and both my iPadAir1 and iPhone6 lost opening music. Other sound issues were happening before iOS updates (and also they were there before ver3.3)

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Hi, Zsolt, you mean to say the current version doesn't have those problems or fix will be coming to next version? I've just updated iOS to 8.2 today and both my iPadAir1 and iPhone6 lost opening music. Other sound issues were happening before iOS updates (and also they were there before ver3.3)
This sound issue isn't connected to iOS update but Zaccaria update. So the next Zaccaria update will fix them.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Bug - The plastic bolt caps on top of the sling shots plastics by the flippers glow and flash in unison with the pop bumpers.

When you complete the clown special a song plays, but is immediately cut off if the ball hits something that makes an electronic table sound. this is an issue with the audio for specials on BlackBelt and Robot too. is there a way to make sure that the special sound fx plays in full, as its a reward for completing a task on the table and gets cut off?

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Bug - The plastic bolt caps on top of the sling shots plastics by the flippers glow and flash in unison with the pop bumpers.

When you complete the clown special a song plays, but is immediately cut off if the ball hits something that makes an electronic table sound. this is an issue with the audio for specials on BlackBelt and Robot too. is there a way to make sure that the special sound fx plays in full, as its a reward for completing a task on the table and gets cut off?
Caps issue will be fixed by the next update.

Yes, there is a way, will be included by the next update.

Thanks!

haj

Sep 28, 2012
Please make sure the motor sound is also cut off as well. The sound also doesn't play when it moves left to right when the game starts (after previous game ended with the moving target on the left).

I'm still missing the BGM but guess I have to live without it. Anyway, with the new physics engine this table plays very nice now. I love this table. Thanks again for the work!

mikehg

Feb 5, 2014
I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think the kickout hole in the channel on the top left of this table has the delayed kickout bug.

I hit the ball into the channel hard, and it shot past the kickout hole, and rolled back down the channel landing on the right flipper. It more or less stopped, then suddenly shot away to the left - I can only guess it bounced off the gate or the obstacle the flipper is mounted to, since the kickout hole kicks right.

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think the kickout hole in the channel on the top left of this table has the delayed kickout bug.

I hit the ball into the channel hard, and it shot past the kickout hole, and rolled back down the channel landing on the right flipper. It more or less stopped, then suddenly shot away to the left - I can only guess it bounced off the gate or the obstacle the flipper is mounted to, since the kickout hole kicks right.
Thanks! I think you are right in some cases. I made some modifications there to be sure to avoid such situation in the future.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
It seems even a full force shot cannot propel the spinner enough to light the corresponding lights to their max. Can anyone confirm? I used to experience this on Pinball Champ as well, but got the lights to max out in the current version.

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
It seems even a full force shot cannot propel the spinner enough to light the corresponding lights to their max. Can anyone confirm? I used to experience this on Pinball Champ as well, but got the lights to max out in the current version.
Thanks! It will be fine-tuned by the next update.

haj

Sep 28, 2012
- Center drop target doesn't drop (but seems registering "dropped status." I can hear multiple "target dropped" sound as hit)
- ambient noise (BGM) sometimes stops playing
- motor sound doesn't play when the moving target returns from left to right
- after a game ends with the moving target stayed on the left, at the next game when the target returning from left to right, it gets hit (for C-L-O-W-N bonus) without drop targets dropped.

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Thanks for your feedback!

- Center drop target doesn't drop (but seems registering "dropped status." I can hear multiple "target dropped" sound as hit)
It's a fixed target, sound effect was wrong.

- ambient noise (BGM) sometimes stops playing
Couldn't reproduce it, hope it has been already fixed.

- motor sound doesn't play when the moving target returns from left to right
It sounds here, so it has been fixed some time ago.

- after a game ends with the moving target stayed on the left, at the next game when the target returning from left to right, it gets hit (for C-L-O-W-N bonus) without drop targets dropped.
Fixed. Now it starts to move right right after end game.

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Hello Zsolt the slings on this table are not always lit.
cc63fa405b2d980ce660fe0b8bfd10bc.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts