Zaccaria Pinball - Magic Castle (1984) Bugs & Feedback

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
The lower right ball saving flipper should be activated after the completion of one bank of drop targets. When it is possible then there is an orange light called REACT. The ball will pass over a trigger below the light and the voice will say “danger“. Flip once and it will be dead again!

EDIT: there is an Easy setup for the saving flipper. Yet it should still say "Danger!".
Beyond that there are the following wrong/strange issues: Drop targets do not reset after the last ball when ball drains (not sure). It's strange that I never score the 200000 points from the ramp. Let's see the rules about the Grean/Yellow/Red Special that ASK uses.

Last edited:

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
The flipperforce of all three the flippers is too high on this table and should be toned down a little, this doesnt count for the flippers at the outlanes.

Last edited:

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
The flipperforce of all three the flippers is too high on this table and should be toned down a little, this doesnt count for the flippers at the outlanes.
This is a general problem. I'm playing at the lowest force (custom). Only for Strike I have to use more power.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014

Is it that the flippers are too powerful or the ball doesn't have enought heft to it on this specific table? Regardless I agree something is off.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
Confirmed. Android build. Simulation mode only. Swipe back of plunger does not generate enough power to get ball onto playfield (comes back down plunger lane). Works OK on arcade mode though.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Android version 1.1

The left inlane and outlane are constructed to overlap, so that:
- A ball going down the left outlane will cross back through the inlane and under the left slingshot to the left flipper
- A ball going down the left inlane will drop through a gap below the inlane, where it intersects the outlane crossover, and drain

However, most of the time, this is happening instead:
- A ball going down the left outlane will hit one or more posts at the intersection of the inlane and outlane, fall through the gap below the inlane, and drain
- A ball going down the left inlane will hit one or more posts at the intersection of the inlane and outlane, and bounce into the channel below the left slingshot, returning to the flipper

I haven't played this table in real life, but I have played tables by other manufacturers with similar inlane/outlane interchanges, and it seems like this one is currently working the opposite way that it is meant to.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Android version 1.1

I haven't played this table in real life, so I don't know if this is a bug or not, but it's confusing me a little:

Completing the three orange drop-down targets above the upper right flipper causes a drop down target to pop up in front of the already-illuminated "B" spot target in the middle of the playfield. Hitting that drop target causes it to drop back down, but doesn't really seem to do anything in terms of scoring points or leading to points; there is an "Orange Special" insert immediately in front of that drop-down, but it is not illuminated. So it seems like completing the bank of orange drop targets is merely making it harder to hit the "B" spot target, instead of leading to something good.

Is something else supposed to be happening with the drop target in front of the "B," or is this all working correctly?

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Android version 1.1

With "Used Table" turned on, the interior walls of the cabinet are covered with a white scratchy texture that is very noticeably displayed at a much lower resolution than textures on the rest of the table:

gQDhAI.jpg

(screenshot taken with ROOM mode set to LIGHT)

night

May 18, 2012
This is one of the reasons I switch the scratched table glass texture to 'clean', as I find the scratches too low in resolution to make it believable as a real scratched surface.
The idea of used tables is great, but I find them way too overdone, too much tear and wear. It has improved, it used to be much worse. I would have preferred a very subtile used look, just a tiny scratch here and there, a bit of paint damage at some critical points, very-very subtile. That way the tables will look vintage. Now they look destroyed. But we can't have it all, and I am glad we have the options to change them to our taste. In my case just clean, and glass set to clear with reflections 'on' for that extra bit of realism!

Last edited:

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
This is one of the reasons I switch the scratched table glass texture to 'clean', as I find the scratches too low in resolution to make it believable as a real scratched surface.
The idea of used tables is great, but I find them way too overdone, too much tear and wear. It has improved, it used to be much worse. I would have preferred a very subtile used look, just a tiny scratch here and there, a bit of paint damage at some critical points, very-very subtile. That way the tables will look vintage. Now they look destroyed. But we can't have it all, and I am glad we have the options to change them to our taste. In my case just clean, and glass set to clear with reflections 'on' for that extra bit of realism!
There are definitely tables where the USED effect is *over*used, shall we say. ; ) I do like the "clean" glass effect on most tables (it's a bit overdone on Circus), thanks for the tip!

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014

i always go new and no glass. but a subtle wear and tear could be nice.

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Imo the lightning config is not balanced on this table, the lights on the slingshots are too much present compared to the lightning on the elements on the middle and upper part of the table. a real pitty because the lightning on this table was great before this update.

1faeaac8878e978dba9c4f7ee4d0f76e.jpg

Last edited:

photonmonkey

Feb 24, 2015
Just played a game on my phone and the ball did go through the left gate, but I would definitely say it is very rare! Love this table BTW :)

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Hi Zsolt theres a bug here, most of the time when the ball runs through the most left lane (see pic) just before it should run through that 'fence', it bounces off from one of the sides underneath the metal strip and drains away to the exit of the table, this happens abit to often.
0c66c82456389392c54a0baa7d77d7d6.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.