Zaccaria Pinball - (MEGA) update v3.4.2 [iOS/Android]

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I honestly can't believe just how much is being packed into this app for what I paid. Zsolt and the rest at ASK are absolutely schooling FS on how to put together a pinball game. I honestly don't know how they manage to make a mobile game better looking and more feature-filled than it's (relatively) bigger budget PC cousin.

Almost feel guilty getting this much awesome for the pittance I paid (when thinking about it) for the gold membership. Sign me up for a copy on every platform I own!

I feel exactly the same. 30 convict pesos is almost criminal.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I'm curious about a PC version as well. I'd also like to know if the Android version will be coming to the Amazon Appstore?

@ Zsolt:
How long until this is available on Mac/PC?
Are you already working on it?
I don't want to buy a new iPad just for Zaccaria, but maybe I have to - if you add more awesomenesses at this pace.
These questions will be answered in the BlahCade Zsolt interview. Stay tuned.

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
The new update for Android has been sent to review and should be available after some hours. We have tested new features on 7 different devices, including Tegra 3, Andreno and PowerVR. As we experienced various effects run different speed on each devices. Some of these features will be tuned of course. The new effects are turned off default, so the game should be able to run at the same speed as before. Go to graphics settings to see new features. All new features are free to everybody. :) Also thanks to your bug reports a Free Cam feature has been implemented too!

iOS port will be sent to review in 2 days. If you find any critical issue till that time then those will be fixed.

Thanks for your support!

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
available now. :)

post transfers are easy now.

Will report back once had chance to look at all the new features.

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
Seems to be working great now, many thanks. Does anyone have a top down camera view set like a cabinet mode? Ivw tried to make one with the cam editor but its always a little off

mikehg

Feb 5, 2014
I'm also on Android 4.4.2, and have had crashes on enterring a few tables, including Black Belt and Shooting the Rapids. Not sure how consistent they are, or whether settings affect them, but there's something up. Will investigate a bit and post back.

I also have a feeling performance is worse for the same settings than pre-update.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
I downgraded my Nexus 7 2012 tablet last night as latest 5.02 update pretty much killed it. Went back to Android 4.4.4 which is like having a new tablet. (shame I forgot to copy local high scores!!)

That said, Zacarria is punishing my tablet performance wise. Turned off background, metal fx, reflection fx, particle fx and glass but still doesn't feel as silky smooth as previous version. Turning off GlowFX and performance is great just as it was before. It's evident I need a new tablet to enjoy all the features :) Not upgrading phone (s3) yet as want to use it for comparing / test features and bugs. My initial quick thoughts are :

I don't like the supersized UI. Far too much scrolling to change the settings.

Custom camera is the way forward as the default ones just don't feel right. I've got a pretty decent custom view but interested to see BARONS new settings :)

Free Cam is very nice

Shiny ball and reflections are great.

Tables look stunning - although require a little tweaking to get best results.

Not had any crashes yet on my N7.

Graphics settings. MOTION BLUR is spelt MONTION BLUR.

Still getting some graphics corruption in certain areas (such as flipper shadow), will send screen shots later.

Given the amount of configuration the quality of product is fantastic. Must be a testing nightmare.

Will post more later.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
camera editor bug. set Top view on. Set eye position far left. Now when you move the view position you can make the table go upside down :)

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
8585239da4.jpg

top of table i can get nice top down view, but not bottom. This is my best effort so far. Seems pretty good. Hoping Baron can do better.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Sod's law, but... on day of release I'm sent on a 2 day project management course so have only managed a few quick runs in between "team exercises" (shudder).

Running KK4.4.2 on an SGS4 GT-I9505, I have had one app crash on first entry of a table (Space Shuttle), but haven't had any since.
It seems the new graphics options won't be usable for me without impeding performance, but it's a 2yr old device.
Initial play - Love the new flipper physics, had to crank tap pass sensitivity up to max for any noticeable effect. Post passing is possible now, but still difficult which feels realistic compared to when I get to play real tables.

I play using swipe nudging, and have noticed that this seems to be more sensitive with the new release. I seem to occasionally nudge unwantedly which I didn't notice previously.
Any one else experiencing this?

I'm not a fan of the new scrolling graphics / physics menus either, but appreciate they give finer control. I'd have preferred the old smaller bars but would have added plus and minus buttons at either end of the scale for fine control. But that's my personal preference.

Love the explore table mode, but would personally prefer to not have the large control buttons on screen. I'd prefer they were minimised and ideally transparent or for example, just two circles in their current positions which you could see through the centre of.

Summary - thumbs up on initial test.
Now I'm looking forwards to my phone upgrade (July), so I can turn some more of those options on. Might even update my tablet too.

Last edited:

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Just had a second app crash, this was after clearing devices running apps then restarting Zacc and on point of first table entry.
This time it was on 'House of Diamonds'.

Device OS KK4.4.2 GPU=Adreno 320

It doesn't consistently reproduce though.
I did notice the following behaviour though related to the crash.
When you first select a table it goes to the 'load screen' which looks like...
ccf6bc366cc294d249c91e956d44280c.jpg

After pressing 'load', the app used to go directly to the 'Start screen' which looks like...
04b07d8b3a586f600561a955d3ed3c17.jpg

But I've noticed it now briefly reverts back to showing the 'load' screen for a half second now.
And when crashes do occasionally occur, it's when this half second revert to the 'load' screen doesn't clear. The second press of the 'load' button causes the crash.

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
Unfortunately the app no longer runs very well on my nexus 7 2nd generation tablet. It's like playing through treacle. Can anyone else with the same spec tab help? Cheers

night

May 18, 2012
It feels so good you Androids are doing all bug testings now, we iOS folks can finally have a rest! ;)

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Playing around with the new effects, I found the following problem.

Shooting the Rapids, with most drop targets knocked down. With 'Reflection Fx' set to 'Realistic' or 'off' = no problems, as shown below.
bb7f332529bb5b982a9276f10c94ad28.jpg

With 'Reflection fx' set to 'All object' you suddenly get ghost drop targets appear despite all but one being down. As shown below.
f1537c019bca5fa62042d68aebec3a60.jpg

Setting 'Reflection fx' to 'all object'
And intensity turned full up introduces a third forward ghost row of drop targets, which are all still down but one. As shown below.
802ccd7ea06c705b4498fffa683c8389.jpg

SGS4 GT-I9505 KK4.4.2 GPU Adreno 320. Latest Android build.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
top of table i can get nice top down view, but not bottom. This is my best effort so far. Seems pretty good. Hoping Baron can do better.

Static view, forces Cam Editor to only use 'Bottom View' camera view settings, which can't be set as plan orientated as the 'Top View' camera settings can.
It would be an improvement if Static Cam used whichever cam was set when it's actually activated (Bottom or Top).

Sorry man, I can't do anything better than you can already get.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.